Skip to content

Abdominal Disorders

Also known as Campylobacter, Diarrhoea, Dyspepsia, E coli , Food Poisoning, Gastritis, Gastroenteritis, Gastroparesis, Indigestion, Metoclopramide, Nausea, Norovirus, Peritonitis, Salmonella, Vomiting

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

A few upgrades to the Patient forum

Over the next few weeks, you may notice a new design and some additional functionality rolling out across the Patient forums. We’ve been working hard to help you to get answers to your questions easier from others who may have been through something similar. Attached are a few sneak preview …

Last reply
  • Pain/discomfort under right rib cage.

I have been experiencing this for the last few months, I have been searching the web looking for answers.  I am a 45 year old female, in good health, I take no medications, thin, active, I eat healthy, so I am at a loss. I have this feeling like there is something under my right rib cage as if …

Last reply
  • Right abdominal pain

Hi i am healthy 20 years old male. A day ago I got a occosional pain in my right abdomen(right lumbar).It comes and goes and not very painful but its keep coming for just for one second and goes.What should i do ? Is it something dangeorous ? I was having diarrhoe 2 weeks ago.Could it be IBS ? 

Last reply
  • Severe stomach problems leading to insomnia for over a week.

It started with diarrhea and stomach cramping for a few days. I was unable to sleep nor eat so I went to the doctor. They prescribed me ciprofloxacin and zofran, but were unable to find the cause of my upset stomach. The ciprofloxacin gave me severe dizziness and made me feel weird so I called the …

Posted
  • Green Stools

I've been having green stools for the past 3 months with alternating between diarreah and constipation but mainly constipation. Yes I am aware of what im eating and i my diet consist of alot of greens. But even the days or long term of eating no greens or taking any type of supplement it is …

Last reply
  • Reoccurring Gastritis looking for advice to heal

I think my Gastritis is always there, just gets worse eventually when I get even a tad bit off a plain diet that doesn't irritate Gastritis much. Docs found small stomach erosion in my stomach 6 months ago, we assume its Gastritis/erosive potentially. I tried two months of omeprazole but …

Last reply
  • Severe bloating 7 hours after meal

It has been 7 hours since my last meal and I still feel extremely full. My stomach looks enlarged and feels heavy. When I burp I can taste food. It's so uncomfortable I can't sleep. I feel nauseated. I just had a bowel movement but it has not eased much. Does this sound like gastritis? Does …

Last reply
  • Stomach problems- some advice please - much needed!

Hi a cry for help please. I'm desperate for some advice as its really impacting on my life..  I'm 49 year old male, I've over last year/ 18months been suffering from some problems with my stomach. in last couple of months they appear to have resurfaced and got steadily worst. I …

Last reply
  • Stomach bloating

This afternoon I ate two small candy bars and about a half hour later I started having bad stomach cramp bloating and my stomach felt as if it was in my throat then shortly after I started getting dry heaves, I'm still feeling bloated and have air trapped in my stomach, has anyone else …

Last reply
  • Ongoing, un-diagnosed abdominal problems

Symptoms: Nausea, bowel cramps, abdominal discomfort and pain, trouble using the restroom, night sweats, insomnia.  Tests done: Endoscopy, gastric emptying, CT scan, gluten intolerance, H Pyroli, blood tests. These are the symptoms my boyfriend has been having for the past 9 months. They …

Last reply
  • Stomach trouble. Please suggest

Dear all. I had stomach infection by eating outdoor some 1 month back. After that i had diarrhea took antibiotic diarrhea stopped but stomach irritation was there. I took antacids which gave no relief. After few days diarrhea returned this time i took Homeopathy and got relief but now i developed …

Last reply
  • 2 year ongoing abdominal disorder HELP!!!

Hi all sorry this is going to be long but I’m at a wits end and hoping to find some answers....... So basically all my problems started 2 years ago, I went on holiday to Crete and feel badly ill overnight, I ate a pork kebab, went to bed feeling fine, but woke in the middle of the night with a …

Last reply
  • Nausea Severe Sweating Dizziness Right lower abdominal pain

Hi I have been experiencing: constant sweating with hot flushes through my head. I have a constant diziness and nausea kindof feeling. These symptoms have been persisting since February 2018 (that is 8 months so far). I was on an anti depressant for the month of March and April and I started …

Last reply
  • Dueodenitis

I was told after having scope down last year I had inflammation in dueodeum,it has got worse recently and I have gone from 40mg nexium to 80mg but after a week on them the pain is still severe when standing or walking..its ok when sitting..I am worried sick..I am waiting to have scope down again... …

Last reply
  • Abdominal agony

Been diagnosed with a 'nasty' gastric infection, which has inflamed my stomach lining. The pain is excrutiating meaning I can hardly walk or function properly. Any recommendations as to which pain killers will work? Thanks.

Last reply
  • Smelly gas like sulphur and rotten eggs

Hi all. So embarrassed but don't know what else to do. I actually am getting seriously depressed as It Is so bad. I have been getting really bloated and pass the most foul smelling gas ever, it stinks and lingers in the room. I'm having to air my bungalow every evening. I eat …

Last reply
  • Abdominal disorder

I have only one problem that is iam having light coloured stools gor nearly last 15 days. Last month i had abdominal scan and colonoscopy and both turned out to be normal . Is it because of ibs or what iam very tensed!!!!????

Last reply
  • Burning sensation in stomach - permanently

Guys i am in need some support....i need simple advise and a positive word.. On 27 of december i got food poisoning.... 4 of us in work got sick...following vomitting and diarrhea (i didnt vomit at least 20 years). Vomitting stopped next day but diarrhea not. My doctor gave me antibiotics and some …

Last reply
  • Seeking advice

Hi, I'm a 23 year old male who has been suffering with an unknown abdominal issue since a bout of food poisoning last September. Daily I am bloated after every meal regardless of fibre content ( have tried various diets). I am also nauseous and fatigued and very gassy. Also once I eat, food …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain, diagnosed with depression

Hey all just looking for some advice. I went to emerge 2 nights ago because of severe abdominal pain that wouldn't go away. I felt very bloated but could not release gas (did have a small bowel movement that didn't seem to relieve anything). They did an x-ray and blood work and told me that …

Last reply
  • bile reflux after gallblader surgery

I have heartburn after gallblader removal from second week.i am now in 57 days. I take sulfacrate and it helps a lot but I have still heartburn some hours of the day .I was looking for the surgery demeester switch. has anybody done that ?I am very interesting to know how is life after surgery.

Last reply
  • My stomach is constantly growling.... how do I stop it?

I'm a healthy 15-year-old female. In the last couple of weeks, my stomach has started grumbling very loudly, it has also been accompanied by a feeling of hunger. It is very loud and embarrassing especially in class, and it is putting me off work. It is strange because I will feel hungry and my …

Last reply
  • Several Symptoms

My symptoms: Diareea Nausea Can't eat Stomach ache Itch in the anus even after bathing Ear pain Dizziness Chest pain shortness of breath When I sit or lie on the bed i dont feel my arms and legs I cant stand for too long without moving my feet

Last reply
  • Chronic abdominal and joint pain

I have had all over joint pain for nearly ten years. Started in my shoulders but has spread to hips, ankles, wrists, knees, fingers, and even toes. Never really mentioned it to the doctor because the discomfort is managed with OTC meds. In the last two years I stared having severe …

Last reply
  • PPI related diarrhea

So Ive been dealing with chronic gastritis for 7 months that wont go away. Im taking zantac which helps me but doesn’t completely make it go away. My doctors have prescribed PPI’s which seem to work a little better but they give me horrible diarrhea! It goes away a few days after I stop taking them. …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain and fatty stools

Hello, I’m a 25 year old male and for about 6 months I’ve been going through some serious abdominal issues that doctors can’t diagnose. I’m a little over weight (but not much) and I don’t smoke and eat mostly healthy.  I get really bad abdominal cramping in my upper and lower abdomen and …

Last reply
  • FAPS

My daughter is 9 years old.We think she has FAPS. I can't find any information about people that had this and no longer have it and how long they did have this problem. I can't accept this is a permanent problem .But.also the doctor hasn't told us much I found more from Google than …

Last reply
  • Abdominal pain and discomfort

Hey guys, Just wondering if any on you guys have had the same experience, I have been having abdominal pain for the past month, I have bad bloating after every meal, even if it’s just a snack also my stomach grumbles much more than it used to. I’ve been having stomach pain, but no worse than period …

Last reply
  • Gastritis diagnosis but worried it may be more....

Hi all so I have been having horrible symptoms for a few months now since May this year, it started with a gnawing pain in my upper middle abdomen then I got a melanoma scare that turned out to just be a mole we’ll ever since that diagnosis I have literally thought I’ve had every cancer I have …

Last reply
  • Appendicitis

I’m afraid I may have appendicitis Because I’m having slight pain in lower right abdomen can some one help me out plz

Last reply
  • Stomach feels heavy

Hi I have a history of gerd and have had an endoscopy about a year and a half ago which showed a hiatal hernia, and have been put on a ppi. Also had a colonoscopy whuch showed nothing. A few months later, i had severe upper and lower abdominal pains and lack of appetite which then led me to have an …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter