Skip to content

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How long before feeling the benefit of Citalopram again?

Hey everyone, I was on Citalopram for 5 years and came off it about 7 weeks ago after weaning from 10mg to 5mg then zero over a period of one week. Thought I didn't need it any more. After stopping my anxiety returned, I think I was anxious about not taking it, sounds ridiculous I know. So I've...

Last reply
  • Alexandra Rain's story

If you get a chance, look the above up online and read her story. She started off with insomnia and was prescribed a tranquilizer. She was doing great but it became ineffective so increased the dose. Side effects kicked in and other problems arose so she started taking more pills prescribed by various...

Last reply
  • Getting better....or false hope?!

Switched from 20 mg to 30 mg 5 days ago...also was taken off of birth control.  Had a great day yesterday...felt very normal other than sweating a lot! I thought I may already be adjusting to the 30 mg dose. But then today I had to wake up with my two sons at 5am and go on a flight away from my...

Last reply
  • Citalopram withdrawal.

I have been completely off citalopram about 4 months now. I tapered off from 20mg to 10mg and then 5mg for about a month. I didn't feel too much until I finally quit altogether and then had all kinds of problems. Dizziness, lethargy, sore joints. I felt lost, spacey and isolated. I just kept toughing...

Last reply
  • I just can’t do this anymore, please help me

This is now going into my eleventh week of citalopram 20mg and because it caused me insomnia since coming off mirtazipine and going on to the citalopram, I’m really struggling with the nights and it’s making my anxiety worse I’m so scared. Six weeks ago the doctors prescribed me zoplicone but for some...

Last reply
  • Citalorapram does anybody recognise these side effects

Hi Everyone, since being on amitryptyline and citalorapram for past 3 years I have had lots of the following symptoms and would like to know if others have too as am convinced its to do with the meds. all the nasties like MS, Tia, Stroke etc have been ruled out. Photophobia Tinnitus Tingling and numbness...

Last reply
  • Ugh, Day 7 on citalopram feeling s****y

This is my third time on, has worked well for me before but had forgotten it can be a bit troublesome in the beginning. I had tapered down to 2.5 mg for a whole year and then stressful life events made me crash again. Have now increased up to 10mg which worked for me before. Just looking for a bit of...

Last reply
  • Going for 30mg citalopram from 20mg, will I cope

The doctor had decided today to up my citalopram to 30mg, I have acute anxiety and not sleeping. I'm terrified as I don't want to feel worse. Only a few days ago I felt like I couldn't go on anymore and just wanted to disappear forever. I've been on 20mg for eleven weeks so far.x

Last reply
  • Increase in Citalopram - racing night thoughts

I just recently visited my doctor and we increased my citalopram dose from 20 to 30 mg. The reason was that for two weeks I had heightened anxiety and a bout of migraines. I have been on citalopram for about 6 years. I originally began cit due to post partum anxiety and it helped majorly. I do remember...

Last reply
  • Does anyone else get insomnia with citalopram

Hi, this is my second time on citalopram 20mg but last time I didn’t have the problem with sleep that I do now. Has it affected anyone else’s sleep and does it get any better. This is my tenth week on it and it’s not gettin any easier even with zoplicone. I just don’t know what to do because the lack...

Last reply
  • How long before citalopram starts to work?

I have been taking citalopram for depression which is circumstantial, and I have never taken anti depressants  before... But after 6 wks I feel even more disconnected from life on this drug, and really don’t want to do anything, but i do manage to continue exercise and caring for my husband who...

Last reply
  • Day 11 and weird side effect, is this normal?

I started out 11 days ago on 10 mg for anxiety. Had horrible side effects and heart as so doctor said do 5 mg for a week or so then go back to 10. I did that and on 5 actually was having some good days...i went to 10 mg again and woke up in middle of night feeling like my brain was in slow motion and...

Last reply
  • Citalopram, Sweating, & Coffee

After a couple of life changing events over the past couple years caused me to suffer from anxiety and mild depression my doctor and I decided back in January that it was time for Citalopram. After getting past most of the initial side effects and a dosage increase things finally evened out and I began...

Last reply
  • Cotalopram for 3 months

Hi! I been on Citalopram for 3 months now and i am still anxious mornings specially. My hair is falling out and at night i catch my self clenching my jaw which i had to sleep with a night guard and helps. I have terrible night sweats but when i have good days i have really good days. I feel better its...

Last reply
  • Question

I have been on cit 20 mg since jan and for the past few weeks been having bad stomach pain lower down and also bad wind sorry to be direct but carnt see my doctor until next week as anyone else suffered with this while been on them it may not be them that’s coursing it but I have never suffered with...

Last reply
  • Going Down From 30mg to 25mg?

Hello, needing advice. I’ve been on 30mg of Citalopram for about 3.5 months.  The last few weeks I’ve been feeling like I’ve been getting worse.  Lots of bad intrusive thoughts and worsening OCD. I’m hoping to get in to see a Psychiatrist soon (within a week hopefully).  I’m wondering...

Last reply
  • Effects of citalopram 20 mg

I have felt tired, sometimes light headed, agitated and I sweat a little bit at night. I find it difficult to get to sleep as my mind is often with many thoughts such as \"Am I doing the right choice in going to volunteer outside of London?\" Also I wonder if I am taking the correct...

Last reply
  • Citalopram 10mg - it does work!

Hi I'm new to this site but been reading posts and what to share my experience... I'm 31 and have had anxiety and panic attacks for the last 5 years plus.. i got prescribed citalopram about a year ago but never took them... my honest thoughts were anti depressants are for losers, why do I need...

Last reply
  • Ten weeks in on Citalopram 20mg

Im just wondering if anyone can tell me if what I’m going through is normal at this stage. I’m on my tenth week now of taking citalopram 20mg, the first few weeks were really bad for me as the citalopram not only made my anxiety worse but it i couldn’t sleep neither. I was having panic attacks throughout...

Last reply
  • 20mg to 10mg back up to 20mg

Hi everyone, I was wondering if someone could help & advise with my symptoms since increasing my citalopram dose.  I was on 20mg for around 4 years, then decided with my doctor to reduce this to 10mg. I managed this for one month then 2 weeks ago my anxiety crept back in & I started to feel...

Last reply
  • Citolapram withdrawal

Hi I’m after some advice. I have withdrawn from citolapram very slowly over a year. I am currently on the dose 2.5mg. I am staying put for now as I feel very anxious sometimes! I do have periods where I feel ok and then the time of my period and just after experience bad anxiety and depression. Can anyone...

Last reply
  • Starting Citalopram For The First Time

Hi everyone,  I'm new to this forum so first of all a big hello to you all! How are you all doing? Just started Citalopram 10mg this month for anxiety/depression/ocd. I've previously been on other medications (Amitryptline, Sertraline and Flux) but have found these haven't helped much. ...

Last reply
  • Starting Citalopram

I have just started taking 10 mg of citalopram a couple days ago. I'm taking it for GAD and health anxiety. Ive tried to learn as much as I can about it but of course the internet is never perfectly clear. I've read that it can make you more anxious in the beginning, which I have been noticing...

Last reply
  • 6 weeks on 20mg with ups and downs, sometimes by the minute!

Hello all,  Newbie here, to all of this. I’m 45 and a few months back was diagnosed first with adjustment disorder, then that turned into a diagnosis of  GAD and depression.  It started over a health scare that I unfortunately started to obsess about, which I guess caused the anxiety,...

Last reply
  • Withdrawl

I've been on 40 mg of citalopram for quite a while and have been advised to get to 20mg. Advice please!!

Last reply
  • Citalorapram 20mg switch from Sertraline 150mg - Direct switch

2 weeks ago was the first day of my stopping Sertraline and switching to Citalorapram immediately. I'm just going by what my doctor said was ok and I even asked the pharmacist who said it was common because they are in the same class. The only issues I'm having is more anxiety which I'm...

Last reply
  • Success on Citalopram😁

I just wanted to feed back to you all how wonderful I am feeling week12 on citalopram 20 mg This is my second time on this drug since 2013. With hindsight I should never really have come off it but stayed at a very low dose . I spent hours..again ...researching the internet in the early stages. This...

Last reply
  • Thoughts on cbt

Hi everyone hope you hanging on. I would just like to get some thoughts from the forum on cbt. Did it work for you? I have done a six week group course and although I am very sure that it works for some, I can't get my head around it, I don't have any triggers to my anxiety, it just seems to...

Last reply
  • Coming off citalopram. :(

I've been on 20mg citalopram now for just over a year. I decided to come off about 3 weeks ago as I had started to feel so much better, which I put down to a combination of counselling and the drug which really did do wonders for my depression. I actually hadn't realised quite how bad it was...

Last reply
  • Citalopram anxiety

All I was in 20mg for 2 years then it was upped to 40mg this year. It was it that stage I decided after a month to come off it because I felt great. BIG mistake. 2 months later I myself decided to go back onto 40mg. OMG it was like my body was hit with every emotion going and my bladder was out of control...

Last reply
  • How long does this go on for? Will it end?

I’ve changed my citalopram about 7 weeks ago and I’m still getting side effects.  Although I don’t know if they are effects of the tablets or of anxiety.  I have a dry mouth, no real appetite, severe anxiety that seems to last most of the day, and I feel detached. I sometimes feel better in...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter