Skip to content

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• ben85017 ben85017

help plz

ello evryone , my name is benni and i m 34 years old , about 2 months bk i start geting panic attacks so i decided to go see my gy had a chat with him ,and he decided to tri citalopram with me first 2 weeks was hell am on week 3 now bit better but cumes and gose up and down ,, i just wana to ask u lot...

• Starting again????

I was on citalopram 40mg for 5 years and I missed a few days of tablets as I was sick and forgot. I had a huge panic attack and wasn’t too good! I started taking them again and I’ve been feeling all the side effects again such as, nausea, suicidal thoughts, anxious I’ve been on them 8 days properly now...

• Teeth grinding & jaw clenching

Hi, I have been on Citalopram for about 10 months. Took a while but seem to be doing fairly well. Only issues are that I have pretty severe bruxism - teeth grinding, jaw clenching. Seems much worse at night. Other side effect I can't shake is tinnitus. Any chance either of these will subside? ...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • hair loss again!!

Hi all, I’m on a cocktail of drugs..,citalopram, diazapam, mitazapine, propananol... and ive started really loosing my hair...  The last adddition to the drugs was citalopram.., Im slowly reducing mitazapine( down to 22.5mg) and ive managed to not take the propananol for a few days... however the...

Last reply
  • Scared

Hi everyone,  I’ve been taking citalopram for 4 days now, and previous to that I was taking mirtazapine 15mg for 5 weeks. That was helping me sleep but did nothing for my anxiety during the day as it would make feel as if I wasn’t there.  The side effects of the mirtazapine were bad but I...

Last reply
  • Citalopram 6 weeks

I am a first time poster looking for some advice about Citalopram. I have been taking it for 6 weeks: 2 weeks at 10 - 15mg and four weeks at 20mg. I was hoping to see a significant change by now, but I haven't really seen much change. I am taking it due to some stress I encountered, which led to...

Last reply
  • How long should i give citralopram to work?

Hello, I've been taking citralopram for 7 weeks, 30mg first 3 weeks, 40mg last 4 weeks. This was after 20 years of paroxeteine, after it stopped working, Don't feel as desperately down as I did at the start. Cycles of really down then up. Last 2 weeks less up and down, but constantly anxious...

Last reply
  • 4 weeks on citalopram

Hallo everyone this is my 1st post here ive been following the posts here for the past 4 weeks .. Im 29 years old taking cit 20 mg for anxiety and panik attacks. The 1st 2 weeks were like hell i had all the side affects every single 1 of them but they started to decrease at the week 3 and started to...

Last reply
  • Citalopram after break

Hi I have been on citalopram for 13 years after PND left me with anxiety and depression. I have had occasional blips but always recovered. I can’t drink as it makes me feel scared but I was okay. Around September I finished my post grad course and was at a bit of a loss I kept forgetting my tablets and...

Last reply
  • help plz

ello evryone , my name is benni and i m 34 years old , about 2 months bk i start geting panic attacks so i decided to go see my gy had a chat with him ,and he decided to tri citalopram with me first 2 weeks was hell am on week 3 now bit better but cumes and gose up and down ,, i just wana to ask u lot...

Posted
  • Citalopram withdrawal symptoms

Hello guys! Last time I used this site I was crippled by anxiety and depression which thankfully is now under control. I've spoken to my doctor and on Monday was given the go ahead to wean off citalopram! I've cut the dose from 20mg to 10mg and my goodness the symptoms! I had a horrendous headache...

Last reply
  • Citalopram and Loss of Sex Drive

Since taking 20mg Citalopram for almost 2 months now I have completely lost my sex drive. The medication has been excellent for resoloving my anxiety that I was suffering post a stressful 18 months being unhappy in a job. Are there any other men/women on 20 mg Citalopram that have noticed that Citalopram...

Last reply
  • Starting again????

I was on citalopram 40mg for 5 years and I missed a few days of tablets as I was sick and forgot. I had a huge panic attack and wasn’t too good! I started taking them again and I’ve been feeling all the side effects again such as, nausea, suicidal thoughts, anxious I’ve been on them 8 days properly now...

Posted
  • Teeth grinding & jaw clenching

Hi, I have been on Citalopram for about 10 months. Took a while but seem to be doing fairly well. Only issues are that I have pretty severe bruxism - teeth grinding, jaw clenching. Seems much worse at night. Other side effect I can't shake is tinnitus. Any chance either of these will subside? ...

Posted
  • First full Day of Citalopram

My first full day of taking Citalopram wasn’t so bad, I know symptoms will increase and after a while they will decrease and I’ll actually feel results. But as of today, I had a little anxiety, light headedness and light tremors/shakey. Anyone else get a little shakey?

Last reply
  • How long does Citalopram take to work?

I've been prescribed Citalopram 20mg and have been taking it for 3 days now. I don't quite know how this works, but it's making me very anxious, gives me a dry mouth and fatigue. Is It to soon to see any changes? Should a give it a week or two?

Last reply
  • TERRIBLE DRY MOUTH! Will it ever go away?

Started on sertraline 50mg for depression/anxiety. After 4 weeks of suffering a terrible dry mouth, dr switched me to citalopram 40mg ..2 weeks later and still dry. I've tried everything, avoiding caffeine, sucking on sugar free candy/gum, Biotene products. I feel better emotionally but may need...

Last reply
  • 10 weeks in - not sure what to do

I’ve been on citalopram for 10 weeks now after being told I have GAD. It started with a couple of panic attacks back in November and inside body shaking. I’ve not had panic attacks for a while now but I still feel on edge quite often like I feel one coming? I also feel down and getting negative thoughts...

Last reply
  • New to citalopram - side effects

Hi hoping I might get some advise/reassurance. Been taking citaloprame for a week 20mg which made me so tired I reduced it to 10mg. Feeling slightly less tired but still anxious. Anyone had similiar experience please ?

Last reply
  • Citalopram Intrusive Thoughts need a little support

I'm on my 30th day (4th week ) of taking Citalopram at 30mg. quick background I was taking 25mg pretty inconsistently (i know it wasn't my smartest decision) and I had a relapse. I've started to take my medicine for the previous 4 weeks every night at 10pm. I"m honestly starting to...

Last reply
  • WEEK 5 ON CITALOPRAM

Hoping someone can reassure me, I’m cutrently into week 5 on citalopram. For the past 3 days my energy has completely been zapped and I’m struggling to get by at work due to this. I find my eyes are so heavy and all I want to do is sleep. I’m also feeling slightly spaced out and having palpitations....

Last reply
  • Citalopram and CRAZY sweating

I’ve been taking citalopram for about 2 years and I’ve always been an overly warm person. I didn’t realize excess sweating was a side effect of citalopram, and at first thought maybe I was going through early Menopause or just hormonal changes as I got older. My dr was sort of dismissive when I asked...

Last reply
  • Experiences of upping from 20mg

After 12 weeks of 20mg citalopram and a few ups and downs, at my last review with the GP it was decided to try 30mg as I'm much better than I was but not quite there yet. I'd been looking forward to trying a new dose however I'm a bit anxious to start because I know I'm likely to feel...

Last reply
  • Increased anxiety week before period due?

I've been on citalopram for about 8 weeks and I've been feeling really good for th lasst two weeks, but suddenly this morning I feel extra anxious. The same thing happened last month right before my period, does anyone else experience this?

Last reply
  • CITALOPRAM FOR OCD INTRUSIVE THOUGHTS

I just started the drug for OCD which does cause high levels of anxiety. Does anyone had experience of taking the drug for this condition. Did it help with the OCD  and anxiety or just the anxiety?

Last reply
  • Citalopram Wean Help!

I had been taking 40 mg of citalopram for the past couple of years.  A bit over 3 weeks ago I started decreasing the dose: 40 mg on one day and 20 mg the other. Last week (two weeks into the wean) I started to develop daily headaches, fatigue, and feeling depressed. Could it be the weaning if the...

Last reply
  • Citalopram withdrawals insomnia?

4 weeks after stopping citalopram I've still got insomnia. Only getting 3 hours of sleep a night. Up every night from 2am. Only took it for 7 days too at 10mg. When will this stop??

Last reply
  • 7 weeks how to get through lows

I've been on citalopram for 7 almost 8 weeks now I started 1 week on 10 then 20 and have been on 30 for almost a week. I've had highs and lows, but the last week or so has been really good. Should I expect more lows? I will have anxious moments every so often and when I do I get scared that I'm...

Last reply
  • Citalopram withdrawl

Hi, I've stopped taking citalopram after only three weeks use and haven't slept since. It's only been three nights but would like peace of mind that all will return to normal. Anybody?

Last reply
  • Day 19 Citalopram Increase (would love to hear your success)

I'm on day 19 of my increase from 25mg to 30mg . Finally slept through night. I actually got pretty good sleep. Also helpful that I haven't stayed up past midnight in these last 2.5 weeks.My new bedtime is 10:30ish which is pretty cool.  My internal alarm is waking me up at 6:00 am daily...

Last reply
  • Citalopram long term use + wamting to come off

Hi. I wamted some advice on stopping citalopram after 8 years. Ive tried many a time but gone cuckoo crazy each time. I take 20 mg a day. My family just thibk the side effects when i come off are me normally..which really hurts as i was never that way. I started takong them for mild depression and anxiety....

Last reply
  • Hot flashes

been on citalopram for 26 days still getting hot flashes have had some reasonable days but quite a lot of bad days is this normal

Last reply
  • New on citalopram will this pass?

Took my first dose of 10mg today...and if anything i feel a whole load worse than i normally did. In shaking, feel anxious and woozy, my skin feels all tingly...did anyone else experience this and then it got better? X

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter