Skip to content
Ad

Citalopram

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • When do you know if citalopram just isn't working?

I am in that panicked state of ruminating about whether citalopram just isn't working for me or whether I haven't given it enough time. I finished week 12 - 1 week on 10mg, 7 weeks on 20mg, 4 weeks at 30 mgs. I have experienced almost every side effect possible but they seem to be slowly lessoning....

Last reply
  • Citalopram pooped out?

I've been on citalopram for 7 years, the past 2 years only been on 10mg, anyways I felt anxiety creeping back in July so doctor upped my dose to 20mg, still anxiety got worse, the past 4 weeks have been pure hell, severe panic attacks, severe anxiety I can't go anyway, I feel totally detatched...

Last reply
  • Side effects maybe ?

Hi I’ve been on 20mg citalopram for the last 16 weeks for health anxiety following aortic valve replacement in 2011 ( which didn’t go so well !). I’m also taking simvastatin, bisoprolol, irbesartan and warfarin.  Most days I feel dizzy/lightheaded, poor balance with some chest pain, tightness in...

Last reply
  • Brain zaps coming off of Citalpram/Celexa

I was on 20mg of ceIexa for about a year after weight gain, my doctor decided to have me wean off of it and get on Buspar. It's taken 3 months to wean off of Citalopram. Last two weeks I've had two 2.5mg tablets over a 3 day period. It's now been 6 days without any medication. How long do...

Last reply
  • Coming off citalopram. :(

I've been on 20mg citalopram now for just over a year. I decided to come off about 3 weeks ago as I had started to feel so much better, which I put down to a combination of counselling and the drug which really did do wonders for my depression. I actually hadn't realised quite how bad it was...

Last reply
  • Switching to taking in pm

Hi,    I am only on day 6 but not sleeping well and all the usual side effects. During the day of being extra tired and nsuseaus. I'm thinking of switching to pm. I think thats when I took it last time around, about 6 months ago I came off it but now my anxiety is back.    Anyway,...

Last reply
  • Change of Meds - advise please

Medriech to Teva 40mgany got an advise please!!! My chemist wants me to try TEVA 20mg x 2 as I take 20-40mg depending on how I am and where we are in the seasons. I’ve been a depressive since I was about 16 that’s when they first realised. I’ve been on Medriech for about 4-5 years now and all of a sudden...

Posted
  • Serious question help please?

I am on my increased dose of Celexa three weeks now!I have just now last two days had huge non stop crying spells that I can't control!I also had a panic attack yesterday and was the first time I had one since starting this med in July!Is there anyone who has done dose increases who can tell me if...

Last reply
  • Citalopram brand change, feeling awful...any connection?

Hi, I started back on citalopram 10mg on 29th Nov last year and the brand was "accord" I had a bad few weeks on it until side effects settled, then after 4 weeks the dose was increased to 20mg...Then after 5 days of increase the brand changed to "aurobindo" i carried on and things...

Last reply
  • Going back to celexa

Okay well I haven’t posted on here in a while. I’ve come full circle my friends. I was on celexa for 6 months, it stopped my panic attack’s pretty much completely but I was very spaced out in the beginning which I didn’t like. I started off on 20mg last time, I remember my side affects were stomach aches,...

Last reply
  • Is 20mg more helpful than 10mg?

Hello i have been on citalopram 10mg for 6 weeks now i feel it has helped but im going through a bit of a tough time atm and feel tearful alot is 20mg better at helping than 10mg?

Last reply
  • Do citalopram work?

Ive been prescribed with citalopram by my doctor after being on sertraline, as the sertraline seemed to make me worse and had awful side effects. Im 4 days into taking the citalopram and i cannot eat, i feel really sick and when i have eaten i have thrown up a few times! But i have heard quite good reviews...

Last reply
  • Horrible symptoms after 7 years!

The past few months I've been getting worse and worse...I can't even leave the house. It started in July were anxiety got worse then a few weeks later panic started but past 6 weeks I've had severe panic attacks all day I'm so detached from reality and my self my brain hurts so much...

Posted
  • Generics diff. of citalopram?

Has anyone noticed a difference in genetics!Ten years ago I was on a different generic of citalopram for five years and it worked well at that time!This time I am on Mylan and so far the citalopram doesn't seem to be as effective as when I was originally on it!My doc said some people notice a difference...

Last reply
  • Citalopram and alcohol

I’m switching from 100mg Zoloft to celexa, to treat postpartum anxiety which is causing me a great deal of dizziness. Although I’m not convinced this is what’s causing the dizziness, anxiety can do that? Never been a symptom of anxiety in the past for me.  Anyways, just wondering if drinking a few...

Last reply
  • Cit 10mg side effects and weaning off

Hey everyone. So, my doctor just prescribed me Citalopram 10mg because I have a surgery coming up in a few weeks and, seeing as how I've never "gone under the knife," so to speak, it's caused some pretty crazy anxiety issues. I've now been taking it for 2 days. I'm aware of...

Last reply
  • M68 M68

Anyone NOT had any side effects on Citalopram?

Hi there, After much deliberation, talking to just about anyone I could find and generally scouring the internet for information, I have decided to go with the Docs advice and take Citalopram, starting today. And then I found this site.... Has anyone NOT had any side effects on this? It is making...

Last reply
  • Increased Citalopram dosage.

Hello - newbie here. I was diagnosed with depression and prescribed 10mg of Citalopram at the end of June. This was after struggling with the disease for almost 8yrs. I had reached rock bottom and needed help. I had a few side effects; shakiness/tremor, indigestion, constant yawning, but these disappared...

Last reply
  • Switching to taking in pm

Hi,    I am only on day 6 but not sleeping well and all the usual side effects. During the day of being extra tired and nsuseaus. I'm thinking of switching to pm. I think thats when I took it last time around, about 6 months ago I came off it but now my anxiety is back.    Anyway,...

Posted
  • Heart palpitations

Hello.        I am working on my third month of cit. overall I feel pretty decent. Went through all the side effects. I feel anxious time to time but nothing too bad. I should mention I’m on 30 mgs. The only thing that’s sticking with me are the heart palps. Does anyone else experience...

Last reply
  • Anxiety and Sensitised Nerves

Someone asked if I'd share this in a public post (this is from a private message we had). As well as taking Citalopram, I found understanding about anxiety was a big breakthrough for me and helped me recover. Years ago I read all of Dr Clare Weeks books and it was the first time someone had actually...

Last reply
  • Citalopram-Vision issues

I was on Citalopram for three years and weened off.  Just started taking again and my having strange vision symptoms. Tunnel, blurry, almost a "staticky" feeling.  Anyone else have anything like this?

Last reply
  • No motivation no focus

Three weeks on my increased dose today and am finding I am no longer motivated to do anything and feel like I have no attention span.Did anyone get this with their increase and see any improvement after this far in.Dont feel like me!I use to multi task to oblivion for my kids and have super focus on...

Last reply
  • Feeling like Citalopram might be "overkill".

(If you are in a rush, skip to the end for my question!) Hi all, I've spent most of the morning reading your posts on this topic. I've gleaned that everyone should expect side effects while getting used to the drug, but that is actually not my concern in this case. I'm a 41 year old male...

Last reply
  • Do i need to increase my dose from 10mg to 20mg?

Hello all, I would very much appreciate abit of advice. I have been taking citalopram 10mg for 5 weeks now and i felt they havè helped but recently im going through a rough time a relationship break up and iv been awful not so much crying but feeling very low and depressed feeling so hopeless...

Last reply
  • Citalopram Diarrhoea

Hi, I have been on Citalopram for about 5 weeks now and whilst most of my side effects have left me: (loss of appetite, nausea, anxiety ect.) My diarrhoea is really starting to worry me because it has been in a liquid or near liquid state for a good few weeks now. Should I make an emergency appointment...

Last reply
  • Is this ever going to work

I was on fluoxetine for 2 yrs then it started wearing off then I went on sertraline and I went completely off the rails. Now I'm on citalopram it's been 3 weeks & I still have bad thoughts& active ideation. I feel so close to the end and playing around with medication isn't helping....

Last reply
  • Still getting really troubling depressive episodes

Hi there, my GP increased my dosage  from 10mg to 20 3 weeks ago. Generally I am feeling a bit better but I still get deeply depressive episodes. The main cause of my problems is stress caused by my excessive workload but also I am still haunted by the very traumatic death of my mother in July....

Last reply
  • 4 weeks into Citalopram

Hi, I have been reading through posts and decided to post my own discussion about my experiences so far. I noticed I am quite young compared to everyone here so my experiences are obviously different. I've suffered for as long as I can remember from social anxiety and never really said anything...

Last reply
  • Maybe this is a dumb question.. :)

but I thought I ask anyway.  I don't know much about a/d's but am very curious about this.  If the anti depressants are NOT working do you still get the side effects.  It seems to me that if you are getting the side effects that they are working in the system but if they aren't...

Last reply
  • False memory ocd anyone ??

Did anyone deal w  false memory OCD!Thinking maybe they did something when they were younger and just don't remember.Sounds weird but my therapist says its OCD!Has anyone found Celexa to help!It helped me in 2009 but I am almost three weeks into increased dose of 60 and still struggle with what...

Posted
  • Approval

Can anyone tell me what is going on when your post get sent for approval? If they are declined can we find out why? I am absolutely puzzled as to why 2 of mine have never appeared. They were relevant to Citalopram where I wanted to know if what I was feeling was going to get better. I did not name anyone,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter