Skip to content
Ad

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• ann55375 ann55375

Agitated depression

i have been diagnosed with this.  It is very difficult to prescribe normal anti deps for it as they make the agitation worse so far in my experience.  The psychiatrist has changed three times during this episode and i am no further forward.  Presently tailed off mirtazapine which i couldnt...

• Everything kinda sucks

My life, if you can even call it A LIFE is just really meh. Im 18, I dont have any friends, i dont have any plans for the future, i dont know what to do since my health anxiety doesnt let me to do anything, my heart is always pounding and going fast, my head and neck is always aching, im out of energy,...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Boyfriend dumped me due to possible depression

I have been dating my boyfriend for 7 months. Although I realise this is a relatively short time, I felt more connected and in love with him than I ever did with my previous partner of several years.  I thought everything was going great, we had been away for weekends together, spent all our free...

Last reply
  • going cold turkey from venlafaxine

Good morning! After 2 years of being on 150mg of ven I decided to try to come off them! Doc advised cutting down to 75+ 37.5 but this made me feel awful! So sick and dizzy! I stuck with it for 2 weeks but decided that I would go cold turkey as it couldn't be any worse and yo be honest it really wasnt!...

Last reply
  • Will something bad happen?

I did something some people might find odd. I know it was really du*b of me to do it. I'm sure nothing bad will happen. I did this yesterday night. I took more than I should of multivitamins. Precisely what was for 6 days I took it all yesterday night. I was very stressed out it was  my nephews...

Last reply
  • Panic Attack while High is this all in my head

I had a horrible scarring panic attack by myself twice while smoking a blunt. One by myself and the other with 3 friends.  Mid-September I had rolled up a blunt by myself and was ready for it be another stress-deleted day from work when it really was the opposite. I had brought my sisters beat headphones...

Last reply
  • Agitated depression

i have been diagnosed with this.  It is very difficult to prescribe normal anti deps for it as they make the agitation worse so far in my experience.  The psychiatrist has changed three times during this episode and i am no further forward.  Presently tailed off mirtazapine which i couldnt...

Posted
  • I'm just so tired of living in this world...

Please don't tell me that I have so much to live for, or to look at the bright side, or to seek help, I've heard it too many times already... I mean I know that the world is full of beautiful people with beautiful mind, and beautiful places and things, despite all the ugliness. And I love and...

Last reply
  • Everything kinda sucks

My life, if you can even call it A LIFE is just really meh. Im 18, I dont have any friends, i dont have any plans for the future, i dont know what to do since my health anxiety doesnt let me to do anything, my heart is always pounding and going fast, my head and neck is always aching, im out of energy,...

Posted
  • Postnatal depression

Had my baby 7 weeks ago and been diagnosed with postnatal depression. I'm so scared of my own child and every time she makes any noise it sends me in to a panic. I am taking 75mg pregabalin 3 times a day and 50mg of quitiapin at night as I was hearing voices. I also have diazepam for emergency. I'm...

Last reply
  • Depression and damage of self esteem

Hello   I am 23 years of age. I am severely suffering from some unknown disease. I often feel like I am good at nothing. I avoid talking to people because I think I would sound stupid to them and they even won’t listen to me because I am stupid. I don’t have any friends to talk to. I don’t have...

Last reply
  • depressed and lonely

My wife of 20 years died a little  over a year ago I miss very much .My problem is I have ran into and old girlfriend that I dated for almost 3 years we have been going out for almost 3 months I feel very guilty about it like I'm cheating on my wife. To make matters worse I had a stroke 5 years...

Last reply
  • I want to stop taking medicine

Hello guys Hopefully everyone is okay Would someone give me any idea to stop take clonazepam 2mg I take it everyday before sleep When i try to stop taking it i feel very depressive, helplessness, hopelessness, irritation, strange vision, how can i get out off from this situation . I was patient of mood...

Last reply
  • Cant get out of my rut

Hi, i was hoping for some hope really. I am a single female in my 30s.  I buried my dad last year and he was my last female member. This year I have had one cat die in February and my other cat has now been diagnosed with terminal cancer. my career has fallen apart. and am struggling to regain...

Last reply
  • Depressed after major life change

Please read my story and I would be so grateful of some advice and support. I've recently slipped into depression after a major life transition. I hope I don't sound too ungrateful, because my situation may sound absolutely idyllic. I realise that people have far, far worse problems in life....

Last reply
  • Love-hate

Lying on the floor in the dark, music on top volume, i realise that i hate who i am. I hate what the people i've surrounded myself with have made me feel like i need to be. I hate what i've done in moments of pain. In my head i know it was justified, but in my heart i wish i could erase my past...

Last reply
  • Please help me guyzz.. Being in a depresiion

Hello   I am 23 years of age. I am severely suffering from some unknown disease. I often feel like I am good at nothing. I avoid talking to people because I think I would sound stupid to them and they even won’t listen to me because I am stupid. I don’t have any friends to talk to. I don’t have...

Last reply
  • Diazepam 2mg & Alcohol

I have been prescribed diazepam 2mg 3 times a day along with 40mg fluoxetine. I don't usually drink but I have an event coming up that I'd like to have a couple of drinks at, has anyone else had any experience with these medications and alcohol?? 

Last reply
  • Deep depression for a month, please help

Hi, This Ezaldden talk to you from Syria. I reach your website in favor of a help you may provide to me. I have been suffering from deep depression for almost a year. It's periodic not continuous and it wasn't that issue till the last month. My fiancee won scholarship and she's leaving...

Last reply
  • I'm just not sure what to do anymore

To be curt, for awhile now I've just been feeling absolutely dreadful. Ignored, isolated, used, unimportant, unworthy, unloved, uncapable...These are just some of the things I have been feeling up to date. Now, without delving too much into my past, I do happen to have a history battling both depression...

Last reply
  • Buspirone?

Has anyone tried this for anxiety or depression? Has it helped? I have been prescribed this to take along with my Mirtazapine. Really don't want anymore side effects.

Last reply
  • Depression and me

Hello everyone. I realised I'd been a member of this group for two months and I haven't yet posted about myself. So here it is, I'll keep it short: I'm 45, separated with two beautiful children. My wife is 33. We were married 8 years ago, but only 4 years into the marriage the cracks...

Last reply
  • Crippling fear of my friends anger? Please help

Hey guys I hope you are all well. Cut an extremely long story short, I am terrified of my friends anger after what happened last night. Basically a few nights ago I was joking to a mutual friend on how I fancied his ex wife. He hates her and is separated. The mutual friends tried to up with her...

Last reply
  • Scared to lose boyfriend, is this caused by depression?

Me and my boyfriend have been together for almost three years now, and he is my rock and the best thing that has happened to me. He loves me and I love him back, but recently (or more like the beginning of the year), I've been feeling this very empty feeling when I see him sometimes, or like, I've...

Last reply
  • Depression

Hi I am really struggling at the moment with depression, I have tried everything up to yet, and going to see my Doc, nothing what I do makes life any better and I just don't want to live like this anymore 

Last reply
  • Diagnosis with Depression

For the last few months I haven’t been feeling myself,  and struggling at work and normal day to day things.  I thought it was my thyroid or started Menopause early.  Went to the doctors and was diagnosed with having depression.  My initial reaction is but I don’t feel depressed but...

Last reply
  • Depressed boyfriend doesn't know how he feels.

Long story short (ish): My boyfriend of a year and a half told me he has suffered from depression for many years. The reason he aditted it to me was because he would be there one minute then the next not speak to me for days without any warning. That went on for awhile, but recently it got much worse....

Last reply
  • Am i being paranoid?

I feel really really unhappy about people who sitting around me or stand next to me, they always touching their noses like i am smelly or something. I don't know if i am a smelly person. I am a clean person. I always take shower in the morning and night. I wash my hair every night. I also use...

Last reply
  • I wish I was dead. Tired of living.

I really don't want to live anymore.  I'm alone but do have some friends.  Have a grown daughter that has a busy life and no time for me.  I think people would be sad and miss me, but not terribly.  They'll get over it.  I recently had major surgery and it went well. ...

Last reply
  • Depression. And fatigue

Hi guys I am currently going through a real bad time.  I have trouble getting out of bed. Feel like my mind wants to but my body feels tired. In the evening I can exited about what I may be able to do tomorrow but not sure I’ll be able to.   So in the morning I wake tired And then I get angry...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter