Skip to content

Depression

Also known as Clomipramine, Postnatal Depression

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Dunno what else to do

So I was on citalopram 40mg for a good ten years. Never had any problems apart from insomnia (on Zopiclone so that helped) and dry mouth, but one side effect that really affected my life was the lack of sex drive So my doctor put me on Mirtazapine 15mg. All was well, until put on half stone in two weeks....

• MF6699 MF6699

On music

I listen to a song by a favorite artist of mine over and over again before I can hum the melody alone. I watch the colors on my screen change as I hum the music and I feel utter sadness. It can be the most uplifting tune, and I will still cry. I try to replicate the sound and sing it and it becomes obsessive....

• Discouragement

I have this problem everyday and I think now I've started to identify it. I don't necessarily understand why though. I'm a musician, and my dream is to write songs that I enjoy. But for some reason I just don't think I'm creative enough to do this. I go through this cycle everyday...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Depression Resources

Below are listed recommended resources for users who wish to read more about depression, get self help, treatments etc. Users can also post the link to this discussion in any replies to guide users to this info. The post will not go for moderation as it is an internal link. The link to post is https://patient.info/forums/discuss/depression-resources-298570...

Last reply
  • Pinned

Are you in crisis? Please read

If you are feeling in despair, or are having thoughts relating to self-harm, it can be hard to realise that there is any hope. But there is hope and there is help available to you – so please do ask. The Samaritans Helpline is available 24 hours a day and you can call free on 116 123 from the UK. HOPELineUK...

Last reply
  • Wife is always depressed and have volatile emotions

My wife is very much depressed and negative person. She thinks everyone is against her and everyone wishes ill about her.she also feels that everyone are trying to criticize her. Even if others might crack a small joke which under normal conditions we take it as a joke.. I don't know why she is...

Last reply
  • How do I overcome this fear from school years?

Hey guys I hope you are well.  Now this story would take ages to explain so I will try to cut it short. But basically during my high school years i made many mistakes, which led to me being pestered by many people. I say that because i did have a lot of friends but also a lot of bullies. ...

Last reply
  • Just want to say!!!!

Life is f""""" s""" tried so hard today, up exercise class car frozen, defrosted  that, coach broken down causing traffic jam so I was late, i know not in my control but doesn't help with my emotional problem, worked hard during exercise class, felt knackered,...

Last reply
  • Depressed coming home

I am trying to have a more positive life, trying to be good to myself and healthy, I had a very good day today and have had lots of thoughts about things I want to accomplish, but then I get home and see my husband sitting on the couch as usual stuffing his face as usual, sink full of dishes things to...

Last reply
  • Numb

It's 2 o'clock in the morning and here I am, on this website filled with strangers. Trying to find meaning in my very pointless life. Do you ever feel worthless? Like there is absolutely no point to your entire existence, your entire being. Well I do. All the time. Maybe one day I will be able...

Last reply
  • Falling out of love or Depressed ??

yes I've seen many posts like this but I rlly need help right now so I've been dating my girlfriend for 1.5 years and I feel so out of love, but I know i love her, but my mind says no. My mind says that I'm forcing myself to love her and that I don't actually love her. I think about...

Last reply
  • How long should I give citralopram to work.

Hello, I've been taking citralopram for 7 weeks, 30mg first 3 weeks, 40mg last 4 weeks. This was after 20 years of paroxeteine, after it stopped working, Don't feel as desperately down as I did at the start. Cycles of really down then up. Last 2 weeks less up and down, but constantly anxious,...

Last reply
  • Life is full of Judemental ppl....

Hi am new 2 this so am reading through many many ppl who are also in same boat with the deep effects of everyday life fighting for ure sanity to not fall deeper n deeper into depression..one thing i can honestly say i only just received insight to real hard painful facts..most ppl r depressed for 2 main...

Last reply
  • Mrs Janaka

Hi everyone, My wife 28 years old, her both ovaries removed due to cyst after that she is facing lot's lot's of problem like sleeping problem, burning sensation in hand feet crying, too much thing about family, I will die ect, would like to know is thiese are common problem women face after removing...

Last reply
  • The medication doesn't work

I got diagnosed with anxiety and depression 3 years ago. At first it was more anxiety I was struggling with and the medication I was taking for it really helped. The past year though I've felt a lot more depressed. It's got to the point now where I've stopped going in to university, I get...

Last reply
  • Dunno what else to do

So I was on citalopram 40mg for a good ten years. Never had any problems apart from insomnia (on Zopiclone so that helped) and dry mouth, but one side effect that really affected my life was the lack of sex drive So my doctor put me on Mirtazapine 15mg. All was well, until put on half stone in two weeks....

Posted
  • dunno what to do

i wanna kill myself but i dont wanna kill myself. i wanna die without inflicting damage on myself because i have suffered enough pain. i wanna disappear. like a bubble popping. vanishing into thin air without a trace. f**k it.

Last reply
  • Why is this all so hard?

I have another post about the horrid attacks that I have, (wake out of a sleep absolutely freaking out, hot flushes, tingling head, vomiting, stiff muscles, and such overpowering intrusive thoughts it scares me terribly) but even besides that a lot of days are truly a struggle. I get waves of sad feelings,...

Last reply
  • Working & Depression

I’m a 30yo female and a oncology nurse. I have suffered from depression/anxiety pretty much my whole life off and on. I have been on and off medications since th age of 14. I also have a history of drug abuse.  After my divorce 3 years ago, I felt like I was finally able to get off of medications....

Last reply
  • Can ill health cause depressive symptoms?

I just would like some answers any would do on top of what I have which is er none!  I have ptsd which was diagnosed 4ish years ago due to 2 lots of assault/rape which I endured when I was 19 and 25, if this wasn't bad enough it was swept under the carpet, by my family!  I went to see a...

Last reply
  • On music

I listen to a song by a favorite artist of mine over and over again before I can hum the melody alone. I watch the colors on my screen change as I hum the music and I feel utter sadness. It can be the most uplifting tune, and I will still cry. I try to replicate the sound and sing it and it becomes obsessive....

Posted
  • Discouragement

I have this problem everyday and I think now I've started to identify it. I don't necessarily understand why though. I'm a musician, and my dream is to write songs that I enjoy. But for some reason I just don't think I'm creative enough to do this. I go through this cycle everyday...

Posted
  • Am I falling out of love or just depressed?

Lately I have been dealing with some things and my anxiety and stress has been not so good . Anyways I haven't been wanting sex (I just haven't been interested in it lately I don't know why) or anything lately so I talked to my boyfriend about it and then he asked me if I loved him and I...

Last reply
  • X99 X99
  • Reboxetine drowsiness

I've been on 4mg twice a day for over a week now and I had to take today off sick. for the last two days I've felt awful, not sleeping and so drowsy. today I couldn't handle it anymore so had to stay home and sleep. how long does it take for this to pass please? I need to feel normal again.

Last reply
  • depression

sorry to bother yall but ive been suicidal ive been cutting my wrists and i feel like i have nobody to talk to... because nobody is here for me i cant sleep, i have hella anxiety, so much depression and im not really eating i dont feel like i want to eat i just wanna die i feel like a disapointment to...

Last reply
  • I had depression 2 years back. It started again

I have suicidal tendencies. I dont want to die, but i feel like i dont want to live anymore. My life has been a struggle and i am tired of trying now. I just want everything to end. I quit my job bcoz my boss used to harass me. I feel like i have had enough. If this is what life is, i dont want to live...

Last reply
  • Can Depression/Anxiety make you think you don't love someone?

Hello, thanks for reading and I apologize for the length.  About a month and a half ago, something happened in my relationship (my fault) that kind of triggered (at first) an enormous amount of guilt.. which then subsided a little bit. I was good for a few days and then bam... "do I love him?"...

Last reply
  • I wish I was dead. Tired of living.

I really don't want to live anymore.  I'm alone but do have some friends.  Have a grown daughter that has a busy life and no time for me.  I think people would be sad and miss me, but not terribly.  They'll get over it.  I recently had major surgery and it went well. ...

Last reply
  • I Want To Die. But I can't kill myself

I wanted to start this off my saying thank you for taking the time to read this. I am 26, married with 2 boys all under the age of 4. Here is where things go wrong for me and I don't know if anyone can relate or help. I was a law enforcement officer for an elite agency in the government. 4 years...

Last reply
  • Sertraline 10 weeks still depressed

I have been on Sertraline for 9 weeks and 4 days exactly for awful postnatal anxiety and depression. 25mg for 10days, 50mg for about 3 weeks and then 100mg for almost 5 weeks now. The first 8 weeks have been awful (worst time of my existence) although my anxiety and depression were horrific too so I’ve...

Last reply
  • I had to put my cat down and I can't stop crying

I've started to see my 14 year old cats health declining for a little while now. It got to the point that I could no longer see her suffer and had her euthanized yesterday. I have had her since she was 8 weeks old. I am devastated beyond words. I loved her as if I'd given birth to her. How can...

Last reply
  • Rapid weight gain after stopping venlafaxine

Hi there, I've gained weight over the past 6 weeks after coming off of venlafaxine - I was on it on and off for 5 years. I thought it was due to the supplements I started taking (5htp, l-tyrosine, vit b complex) but I've read a few reports of rapid weight gain after coming off meds. Has anyone...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter