Skip to content

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 PatientPlus...

Last reply
  • looosing me disablity premumson esa

lost me disablily premums cuse me claim was being revieved lost standerded rate 55pnd but put me on mobilty 58pnd week going from 376 fortnight esa  250 week esa is big loss o well govement give with one hand and take away with other but hey was thinking about appeling taking standered rate away...

Last reply
  • Pip assessment

Hi         I am new to this site so a little nervous. I had my pip assessment at home as I have some difficulty getting around both inside and outside The health professional who did the assessment was really nice and polite and listened to what I said Due to reading on this site...

Last reply
  • income support advice

so few years back I got taken to court as I was being accused of commenting fraud which wasn't the case and it was proven in court I had done nothing wrong. I suffer with anxiety and depression and due to this hole court case it made me very unwell to point I self harmed anyways point is I was in...

Last reply
  • Carers Allowance.

Hello, I am wondering if I could claim Carers Allowance for caring for my son. I am a pensioner & claim PIP.  No one is claiming Carers Allowance for him. My son lives with me & claims PIP standard rate care. I do not physically care for my son, but I do care for him with emotional &...

Last reply
  • PIP questions! Backdating and payment dates?

2 days I got my pip! Yay, I got a back payment from the 21st of December I read that people get a backdate from the day you rang up? I rang up first at the beginning of November, and the 21st is the 2nd time I rang up where I changed my address. Is it correct that they only paid me from the 2nd phone...

Last reply
  • Can I claim pip even tho my son recieves DLA?

Good morning, my son whom is only ten has high functioning autism and I claim for him DLA he recives the high rate, I work 16 hours a week, I'm currently off sick at the moment. I suffer from dystonia this affects both my arms and hands ( uncontrollable shaking) which effects me a lot, I also have...

Last reply
  • DWP address confusion – should I be worried?

Quick background: I received PIP whilst at university, a few months later and I moved back home as I was too ill to continue my course (May 2017). As soon as I moved home, I claimed for ESA and asked them to update my details at the same time. This was all confirmed to me, and as my ESA letters arrived...

Last reply
  • Jsa

Why is it they say I am fit for work when my gp has signed me off for 2 months and put me on anti depresion tablets and said blood pressure is high do the dwp want to cause heart attack or kill you at work what is going on with them

Last reply
  • Anxious about my renewal date for UC Limited capacity

I was lucky last time and didn't need an assessment. I have bipolar and possibly autism (I'm being assessed soon). I just worry I won't get it again. I can't hold down a job so it's my only real option. When I done the test online I score high marks. I haven't been violent in...

Last reply
  • benefits available for carer suporting the patient

Hi I am hoping to get some advice on any help available to me and my wife and hopefully find out what our rights are regarding hospital rules and benefits. Any information or tips where I can get information would appreciated. I am my wife’s carer and my wife suffers from Anthropophobia ( fear of people),Depression,...

Last reply
  • fit for work note

do you need to keep putting sickness note in all the time with esa as I recently put in a new claim for my son with learning difficulties the first one ran out on the 16th dec ,so I received a letter saying they wanted another which I have and as I only received the letter after it was due up I had to...

Last reply
  • Pip review

Hello just looking for some information I have just got my pip review after basically a year and a half for mental health it took a year to get it back as I had to go to the courts for an appeal .i didn’t even get f2f assessment as they didn’t give me it because I could hold a conversation over the phone...

Last reply
  • Entitlement to benefits

I doubt Denise will be back on the site to comment and give much needed support as someone on here has inferred that she is a fraud and receiving benefits she isn't entitled to, whoever it is will know who they are and will hopefully feel a bit sick that they have deprived the site of someone who...

Last reply
  • ESA LIVING ALLOWANCES

Hi I am in recite of income related ESA for me and my partner and on the entitlement section there is a payment under the listing of "extra money because of your partners  age"  ​Have tried to find out what this means but can not find any explanation of what it means??????????? ​Thanks.

Last reply
  • My Pip review is due Wednesday

I am due to be reviewed this Wednesday on my pip can anyone let me know if I fail this assessment will my original pip claim stop from Wednesday if I fail the thing is I haven’t had much time to collect information plus I’m waiting to be referred from my doctor to navigo I can’t stop stressing out of...

Last reply
  • carer and work

hello denise.i am going to claim carers for my sister but havent got my p45 yet. can i still make a claim? i will have to give up work to do this but it will take several weeks to get my p45  

Last reply
  • Chances of being rejected PIP renewal

A year ago I was awarded standrate living and mobility pip due to depression and anxiety. Since then, I have been newly diagnosed with borderline personality disorder, generalised anxiety disorder and post traumatic stress disorder-adjustment disorder. I have been asked to attend a face to face for my...

Last reply
  • Quick question...

Afternoon all, I have a quick questions... If you are already in receipt of PIP and you do a change of circumstances, does your original PIP stop while the change of circumstances forms go through the process or do you still get the original PIP until a decision is made on the change of circumstances...

Last reply
  • New PIP explained

Hello, I have a whole series of physical problems from many tumours removed around my body and from operations going wrong and the frustration of not being able to do what I once did. This has led to mental health problems and severe anxiety. I had acrophobia for many years when a particular operation...

Last reply
  • ESA assessment worried about outcome!

Hi all this is my first post, In January 2017 my mom was diagnosed with fibromyalgia and was claiming job seekers at the time within months of being diagnosed she deteriorated very quickly and it was heartbreaking to watch, she went from being able to cook, wash, dress herself to not being able to...

Last reply
  • pip assement toay

well had me pip assesemt today woman tried to catch me out by asking same question 2-3 times but told her same aswetr as before now the waiting game lol for them to turn me down i bet hope not for me i think its appeal again lol

Last reply
  • Personal Independence Payment. Myths and Fact.

There are a lot of worried people posting on here, who are dreading being moved from disability living allowance (DLA) to personal independence payment (PIP).  Can I offer some advice from experience I've gained with my disability support group and from campaigning when PIP was first consulted...

Last reply
  • Any advise would be greatly appreciated

Im a single mum of a 4 year old... I work part time and private rent.. I currently get a small council tax reduction, some housing benefit, child benefit and working/child tax credits. Six months ago my mother was admitted to a hospice to receive end of life care with cancer and 7 months ago my dad suddenly...

Last reply
  • Help advice needed

Hi I've recently made a claim for income support and carer's allowance thinking my had the highest rate for care but got mixed up as its for mobility. I've been refused carers allowance because she being on the lowest for care. She's had her assessment for pip as it's being changed...

Last reply
  • DWP CA

I’ve received a random £10 from DWP CA? What could that be for 

Last reply
  • Received dla renewal today. Will I be reassessed for pip

I currently receive dla higher notability and middle care. I was injured in car accident and sent a few consulant reports in when i initially claimed. I have been waiting on pip letter but received dla letter today with the payment amounts and indefinate like I do every year. Does this mean I won't...

Last reply
  • Appeals money back dated

Hi I found out today I won my appeal in the decision of them dropping me from my esa support group into a work related group, 5 months later I find I won my appeal for this,  Do I get money back dated from there decision and how much?

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter