Skip to content

Benefits and Allowances

Also known as Allowances and Benefits, Carer's Allowance, DLA - Disability Living Allowance, DVLA - Fitness to Drive, ESA - Employment and Support Allowance, Fitness to Drive, Help With Health Costs, Maternity Benefits, PIP - Personal Independence Payment, Statutory Sick Pay

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning Benefits. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient Leaflets including advice on ESA, PIP amongst others: https://patient.info/health/benefits-health-related-1389 …

Last reply
  • Housing benefit

I am on uc since April and my housing benifet is being paid straight to them they have been over payed as the details I put in my journal was wrong will they pay me the overpayment? Thanks

Last reply
  • Any News Yet

Hi Denise was thinking of you and wondering if you have had any news on your ESA as of yet

Last reply
  • mandatory reconsideration :(

Just phoned DWP and was told that my mandatory reconsideration has been turned down.What a joke.Looks like i'm are going to a tribunal again.So just waiting for the brown envelope to arrive.I think that the mandatory reconsideration is just a waste of time.when turned down you should go to a …

Last reply
  • da to pip assessment

Hi All, Well this morning at 9.30am I had my assessment for transfer from m/c and h/m dla to pip. It took place at the Waterlooville/Portsmouth centre. It seemed to go okay, the assessor was female, formal in her approach and questioning manner and was patient when I went off course and started …

Last reply
  • Dreaded Brown Envelope

Good afternoon all, just to let you all know that my envelope has arrived and to just make it more difficult fell off crutches over the top of the mop bucket, again, and have broken another finger and hurt hip, wrist and knee, pulled multiple muscles and feeling really crap but still need to fill …

Last reply
  • Pip rreveiw

Hi can someone help when you need to send Documents off to pip is it ok to send photo copys

Last reply
  • I used to be on DLA from the year 2002 until 2016.

I have been in supported housing for several years and in one of the blocks of flats I couldn't claim because the carer takes the allowance. In the next block I could but the workers didn't help me with this money and the place was full of drug users. I decided not to reclaim as it was …

Last reply
  • RECEIVED PIP REVIEW FORM

I received a pip renewal form, exactly to the date a year before it ends, is my wife allowed to fill the form out for me? I know I have to sign it, I have plenty of evidence to send, as last time I had nothing and only got 11 points on care sideand four on mobility. I have the original form but it …

Last reply
  • PIP or Attendance Allowance?

I was awarded the minimum care component of DLA, indefinite, a year or so before PIP. I am now a few months off 69 and received the dreaded PIP form in July. I had help from a charity to complete it (lady completed the form but left a few things out).  Although I receive very little DLA my …

Last reply
  • Success

Not only have I been awarded standard rate of PIP but also Severe Disability Premium. In the light of this I have decided not to move to be with my sister. I have a lot of friends and activities going on here and when it came to something financial as well it was just too much to lose. Thanks …

Last reply
  • ESA

I have just had the dreaded phone call to say that i have lost my ESA. So i am now waiting for the letter to arrive so that i can ask for a reconsideration.So i'm not very happy today.Last time i lost it i had to go to a tribunal and won it hands down.Next update is when i get that …

Last reply
  • No idea where to turn

I recently bought a flat, outright. I work part time. My health is going downhill fast. I suffer with bulging and prolapse discs and nerve damage. I really don't know how long I can carry on working! I am 54 and live alone after getting divorced and have an 11 year child who lives 50% of the …

Last reply
  • 10th April 2018 Law Change for PIP claim decisions/

Anyone know please what the " 10 April 2018 change in the law, which change the way the DWP decide PIP claims" is about please? I can't seem to find anything that I can understand?  After a very traumatic battle, I have had my PIP reinstated backdated from November 2017, (which …

Last reply
  • LOST MY ESA

Hi The reasons i was in that group was i can only walk short distance and have trouble sitting for long periods of time.I put my mandatory reconsideration in on Tuesday do you know how long it take to get a reply to that.Also have new x ray taken on Tuesday so waiting for the results.Got a letter …

Last reply
  • Housing benefit - sharing with a friend...

Hi everyone - I wonder if anyone has any experience or knowledge of this scenario. I am a full time live in carer for a friend with severe mental impairment and have been in this position since October 2015.  My friend owns the house outright and I have been living here on a no rent basis …

Last reply
  • ESA Assessments Query + an Apology

Hi all, I would like to ask a few questions regarding ESA. But first I wish to apologize to Denise that does a very good job on here, and I know I should not have done, what I did. The trouble is my medications are being constantly, this causes all sorts of mental issues. Half the time I do …

Last reply
  • PIP assessment lies

Hi  I have a spinal cord injury and was indefinite DLA in 2010. I was told just after Christmas I need to make a claim for PIP as DLA aid ending. I have done all this and had a F2F. I’ve not had a decision yet but have requested the assessors report which I received yesterday. The report is …

Last reply
  • Universal

Hi we are changing over to universal can you tell me if we have an assessment for this or will just move over from esa please

Last reply
  • When will Welfare Supplementary payment start

My husband was moving from dla to pip and was turned down zero points right across. We sent mandatory reconsideration request and same outcome, we sent appeal letter and just received response that it was received on The 28th August and passed to relevant team. Just wondered if anyone knows how …

Last reply
  • Motability car.

Afternoon All, I hope you are well. Well, today i had a voicemail from Eden Vauxhall Garage..... On the paperwork i had received from them when i ordered the car it states 28th Sept as collection date for the car, i ordered on 4th June and he said they have to give 3 months but i will not go over …

Last reply
  • Why is DLA now PIP?

I had DLA from the year 2001 until about the year 2014. I was diagnosed with PTSD, and schizo effective disorder which required medication. I also had to see workers and psychiatrists. This allowed me extra income along with incapacity and income support but the support I had wasn't …

Last reply
  • Help

Been on indefinate high rate dla for 20+ years, have been refused pip mobility, can you please help?

Last reply
  • Private pension and benefits

Hi all, I have a private pension which I would like to cash in as I am having a driveway built because my mobility is restricted and when I go out I can't always get parked outside my house. I could phone DWP to ask my question but it's always difficult to get through to them and a bit hit …

Last reply
  • Just wondering as it was brought to my attention

Just wondering if knows if there was any extra help my daughter may or may not be entitled to she lost 90% of her hearing in both ears has had grommets and one has failed which means she is partially deaf in one ear now she had been given ear drops but they havent done nothing for her and its been …

Last reply
  • Bipolar and PIP

Bipolar pip review ...... I have just received my rewiew form ..., not much space but I’ll just do as before .. write my eveidence .., of which I had no medical reports only gave names of my therapist cpn and phychiatrist ... my first claim for pip made me so I’ll it was horrendous.. with my review …

Last reply
  • No brown envolope for 3 months

Hey guys, I just wondered if anybody else has had to wait so long for a PIP review decision? I had my review in may but at the face to face assessment the woman didn't ask me any relevant questions at all. Only what kind of games I liked to play and whether I wanted to smell some tissue with …

Last reply
  • My appeal

I'm waiting for my tribunal date and received a mass of paperwork this morning was a bit confused as thought I would just get sent a date .it says we have looked at the points you have raised in your appeal and we have sent our response to HMCTS for them to consider.then says HMCTS will contact …

Last reply
  • Anyone else having issues on here

Hi everyone, The forum seems to be acting very strange today, when logging in using my desktop computer it’s completely changed! Yet when logging in with my phone it looks exactly the same as it always has. Anyone else experiencing any problems today? 

Last reply
  • I have two questions.....

Morning all, I hope you are all well. I have two questions, next month i am due to collection my car from the Eden Vauxhall garage, est collection date is 28th September. I get paid PIP around 4th of each month, I am wondering would September be my last payment of PIP for mobility or would Oct …

Last reply
  • ESA Medical Form

Returned my 2nd medical form back next day special delivery on the 6th June signed for on the 7th. Called DWP this morning to make sure that it had been loaded on to their system and have been told that nothing was showing. Gave them the tracking number date, time and who signed for it and the lady …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter