Skip to content

Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Also known as Colofac, IBS, Mebeverine Hydrochloride

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Upper abdominal pain - does anyone else gets this?

Hi, I'm a 12 year old girl, about to be 13. I recently got diagnosed with IBS. And now, I'm having really bad abdominal pain. I wouldn't say it's so bad Im crying but it's uncomfortable. It's in the upper part of my abdomen. The pain feels...full and sharp. Like sharp tearing...

Posted
  • I just feel ghastly!

I thought IBS was a nightmare, but I have had food poisoning which has turned to gastroenteritis, problem is very low blood pressure and still hungry, can I eat brown seeded bread, I have diverticulosis too! Please help feel like death warmed up!!!

Last reply
  • No wonder I felt so yuck!!!

Hi to people who have replied on here to me. I have finally found out why I felt so ghastly for aboit 10 days. I have a kidney infection, only diagnosed after 10 days, 4 doctors appointments, 1 xray and a really painful period. I feel ghastly. I have put up with this too many years. I knew something...

Last reply
  • Stomach issues

Hi everyone 3 yrs ago I was told I had ibs This year back in feb 2018 I had a bout of gastrointestinal infection After this bout I asked for further checks as I never really had my ibs looked into I had smelly wind and my stools were not consistent in formation  I had a colonoscopy and Random...

Last reply
  • Feeling unwell for a while and want answers.

Hi All, I am new to this discussion board and I am after some advice. I have always had unusual stomach symptoms from a young age and they seem to be occurring more often with time. I am 24 and I was diagnosed with endometriosis 2 years ago. My stomach symptoms are stomach cramps (can be everywhere...

Last reply
  • Bowel changes

I’m new to this forum, and have join In the hope of some reassurance and support.  I’m currently undiagnosed !!  I’m 49 peri menopausal. Over the last 8 or 9 months we ve had enormous stress.  I’ve had stress related migraines and anxiety. But over the last 4 wks my bowels have changed....

Last reply
  • Never ending loose stools?

So since February on and off I was getting loose stools. It usually happened about twice a week and I'd get the cramps every now and then. About May time after it got worse and was happening every other day, I decided to go to the doctor just to check it wasn't anything else. All my tests came...

Last reply
  • Should I be concerned about my weight loss?

So I have been monitoring my weight for the last two months or so. There is a gap at some point because I was on holiday. I’m not sure if I should be worried, I did tell my doctor and we did a blood test and I’m waiting to see her again soon after I get my results. I don’t remember exactly when I went...

Last reply
  • IBSD. Its running my life.

I have ibs-d and for the last two months it has been so out of hand. I usually run into issues within 2 hours of getting out of bed! I don't eat breakfast so it must be triggered by moving around. Once or twice a week it hits. But weather it be D or a regular bowel movement, I need to get to a bathroom...

Last reply
  • 3 YEARS of Incomplete Bowel Movements, just want an answer!

Thanks for taking the time to read my post first of all. Basically my story is this: Before starting university 3 years ago I can recall having completely normal and easy bowel movements. When uni started however things started to go downhill, I would spend longer on the toilet, I was able to push...

Last reply
  • Think it’s ibs

I’ve had this belly ache for 4 days now can ibs cause tummy discomfort sometimes feels like period pain but I’m not in period cane off 2 days ago 

Last reply
  • Can laxtives make stool harder over time?

Hi Ive been dealing with constipation for years now. Ive been taking miralax for almost 3 years which worked good until now. Sometimes I would use it on and off and use others things in between like magnesium and lactulose. Lately my existing fissure and haemorrhoid has gotten worse because I had hard...

Last reply
  • tackling relationships if you have IBS

Dear All, Following on from the helpful comments in response to my last post, I wanted to ask about managing relationships with IBS? How to you talk with the other person, about IBS? and how did it go? what was their reaction? I have been putting off having a relationship, because I feel nervous...

Last reply
  • Need your help Please :(

I have many stomach issues from last 6 months. I have gas, burp which tastes like vomit, abdomen pain in the lower side like sharp pain, headaches, confusion.. Right now I am consuming Apple cider vinegar, Probiotics and Digestive enzymes and liver tonics as well. They relived my symptoms by 70%. What...

Last reply
  • Cold days and IBS

Hi! This is the first time I write here. I have IBS-D... I've been dealing with it since I was 12 y/o. I have a question... do you suffer from D episodes when the day is too cold or even when its warm but you feel you needed to wear more pieces of cloth? For example: I see youg people like me wearing...

Last reply
  • Ibs help

So after tons of blood work and urine and stool test nothing serious was found . So I've been told I have Ibs which has never been as bad as it is. So my few questions are do you go to the bathroom alot?/Does ibs cause weight loss?/Do you get lots of gas where your stomach is rumble city ?/ Does...

Last reply
  • Pain and loose stools every morning - sound familiar?

HI guys, so I'm finally getting a CT colonography in 5 days, I'm terrified actually - mainly of taking the prep - barium sulfate to be exact.  It says that there have been fatalities whilst taking it and it's freaking me out, that and perforation! Anyway I guess I"m worried that...

Last reply
  • Anyone else get this symptom with IBS?

I know this sounds disgusting, but most of the times, especially when I eat something high in fat, my stool smells like the food I had. I know this could be a sign of malabsorption and I’m really worried because I’ve also dropped a tiny bit of weight so I’m scared I’m going to lose weight to the point...

Last reply
  • Enough is enough!

I have a problem for the ladies to solve and it's a good one! You know the curse of being female and have IBS and all the problems that then leads to. But. I can't up that one because every month now I get an IBS flare up (not when I ovulate) and what appears to be a urinary infection, feel irritated...

Last reply
  • IBS finally resolved after years of pain...

I've suffered from IBS now for at least 12 years - my symptoms have been daily diarrhea and intense cramping before every bowel movement. It had lately become debilitating as it would always affect me after lunch at work and I don't have the type of job where I can run to the loo. I'd had...

Last reply
  • MRI tommorow on small bowel

Hi everyone. I’m new in this forum, I have a MRI on my small bowels tommorow. Anybody know how long will take for results?. Also, I got referred for this due to having a faecal-calprotectin test. Gp suggested level should be under 50 and mine was 117, I believe that is still low when I have seen...

Last reply
  • IBS and achey pain in kidney area (upper back)?

Hi All! Hoping you can shed some light for me on IBS symptoms vs. not IBS. Had an IBS-D flare up that started about 2 weeks ago, but seems to have evolved into different symptoms. My pain throughout this flare up has mostly been under my ribs on left side (like a protrusion or a stitch) and up into my...

Last reply
  • antidepressants

My GP has suggested I try antidepressant tablets to help with the pain I get in my back due to IBS but I'm not sure, has anyone else tried this and is there any side effects

Last reply
  • My IBS flare ups have been unbearable.

I've been having flare ups once a month. What I experience seems to be different than what I've read on here. I have IBS with constipation. When I have an attack, I can't pinpoint any certain food that triggers it. I call it a trapped gas attack. It starts very low in my rectum and groin...

Last reply
  • IBS or being fobbed off?

Hi all, first time poster so please bear with me if this has been answered before or needs moving.  For 6 months now I’ve been getting a pain in my upper left abdomen, almost under the rib but definitely abdo not chest.  It started just after a kidney infection, it cane and went in two or...

Last reply
  • back pain

Hi - A new symptom I have been having lately and dont know whether it is related to IBS or not but I have lower right back discomfort not really pain as sunch but tender and uncomfortable just below hip - tender to touch and feels better after I have a bowel movement sometimes - it hurts when sitting...

Last reply
  • Freaking out - urgent referral endoscopy - any advice?

Hello - I have had IBS for years but the past year seems to be worse than normal. I get a lot of heartburn now and odd lower right back ache as well as tender stomach mainly on left side but occasionally on right but past few months I have had problems swallowing and feel like a lump in throat - so I...

Last reply
  • Has anyone had a small bowel MRI? One question ..

What will they be able to see on the imaging? Will they be able to scan other areas or do they solely focus on the small bowel. I have pain along my pelvis and stomach/spleen could this also be picked up? Really hope it can so I can stop suffering. 

Last reply
  • Initial eating issues each day

I suffer diahorrea almost every day after my first meal. I can’t eat breakfast because I have to get to work in the time that the movement would take. At work, I know that lunch generally will result in one if not two explosive situations and I try to find the bathroom where no one else is.  My...

Last reply
  • My Journey to Healing My Gut

Hey Guys, I'm working on sharing my story, and would love your feedback and thoughts on my journey: For as long as I can remember, my life has been ruled by my stomach. Riddled with a constant stream of major stomach and digestive problems beginning as a child, I’ve had issues keeping down my food,...

Posted
  • TUMERIC?!

Hi I am wondering if anyone has tried tumeric capsules for ibs? I have heard it is effective from google but would rather hear people’s experiences if they have tried it? TIA x

Last reply
  • I have IBS, what happens now?

Hi guys Once I was diagnosed with IBS i was over whelmed by how suddenly my life was changing and how everyday seemed like a struggle. It seemed that IBS has a way of creeping and infecting every area of your life. Financial, love life,family life, work and social life. Dealing with the constant pain...

Last reply
  • Burning sensation on side stomach

Hello recently I had a crazy fungal rash between my groin. I went to the doctor and they gave me clotrimazole and it went away from the sides of my groin. But during this period I was stressing so much then I got this weird tiny red dot on the side of my stomach. It burned like a cigarette, burned like...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter