Skip to content

Knee Problems

Also known as Baker's Cyst, Chondromalacia, Housemaids Knee, Meniscus Injury, TKR - Total Knee Replacement

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Radio frequency genicular nerve ablation

Hi everyone  I’ve been on this site many a times during my recovery for Ltkr on March 26/2018. I’ve had a hard time thus far thinking I would be past where I’m currently at.  I was released from my surgeon to go back to work. Started back yesterday ( I’m a retail banker) They have accommodated...

Last reply
  • Manipulation scheduled. I'm apprehensive.

I saw my surgeon yesterday and he took one look at my bend and said he would manipulate it, but not until I was at 12 weeks so that is in another 3 weeks from now. In the meantime I've stopped physical therapy so that I will still have some left for after the manipulation. I had got to 105 under...

Last reply
  • Foot swelling 7 months post TKR

Hi, So I went back to work 3 weeks ago on short hours and around the second week in I noticed my right foot which is the one that had the knee replacement has begun to sell daily and painful.... Any thoughts why and will this Go away as my walking increases. I am a supervisor in a hospital and do a lot...

Last reply
  • One week post op TKR

Hi Everyone, my name is Patrick I'm 51 and live in the UK and had a tkr on my left knee a week a go tomorrow. Before my op I gained some brilliant tips from this site so thought it's now time to say hello and join the TKR family!

Last reply
  • I am so scared..don't know what to expect

Having a mua on Friday. ..I hope I get some Bend ..I am at 75 only with my physio. 10 weeks post op. ..the stiffness and tingling and numbness has set in. ..I stumble around the house to afraid to go much further .I do get to my pt appts but heck have to rely on others for groceries etc. ..I work hard...

Last reply
  • MUA

Hi all had a TKR 15 months ago and still have tightness and pain. Went to see my consultant today who said I need to have manipulation done as they have exhausted all avenues . Has anyone else had this done I am 62 and don't like the sound of this at all. Thank you

Last reply
  • 13 weeks post TKR light at the end of the tunnel

I'm 13 wks post TKR,and haven't posted for a while. In the first  weeks of recovery I thought I would never be well again and what a huge mistake I'd made having the op. I ranted and cried on this forum about not getting enough bend,being so tired through lack of sleep and being a helpless...

Last reply
  • lateral meniscus tear suggested partial meniscectomy no repair

Anyone have this issue and procedure?  Once the partial meniscectomy is completed how does the knee recovery?  Isn't no cartilage that bone to bone?  One would think the pain would continue.  Is this worth the procedure?? In addition to rising/lowering to seats/toilets; in/out...

Last reply
  • encouragement needed

Yes I have been thru this 5 times already along with various other surgeries all on the same knee. I know what to expect I am aware it will be a roller coaster ride thru the recovery process there will be times the pain is going to be unreal and there will be times it will be at a dull roar. Therapy...

Last reply
  • New Knee

Hi TKR people! So, I was quite surprised by the amount of pain post-op. I also was not as "twilight" state as hoped and heard the banging and sawing. Carpentry on my leg.Anyhow the drugs made me feel awful and the pain was quite intense for the first few weeks. Now I am back in my own home...

Last reply
  • ACL & quad partial tear, exercises to keep weight off??

5 months ago, Feb this year, I tore my ACL as well as my quad tendon, partially, due to dislocation of right patella. Previously dislocated the same patella 3 times prior over 12 years led me to lead a more static lifestyle which led to weight gain. Although, I have been in the process of changing...

Posted
  • stairs

Just wondering does anyone else have this problem.  When I go down the staris  I freeze. My body doesnt want to go down with the good leg. The operated knee is just stiff and will not bend going down but I can go up with ease.

Last reply
  • Blisters

Hi all I am 18 weeks post tkr a couple of weeks ago l had a blister come up on my operated knee which l thought was an ice burn, so l left the ice pack off but l have now got another blister, any one shed any light on the reason for this.

Last reply
  • Countdown to # 6

Today I am officially in the single digits. My surgery is scheduled for Jun 18th. Has anyone ever noticed Mondays as a rule stink well here is another example!! Trying to make smoe light on it so here is my line of thinking ( this is nonsense!! ) June 18th surgery 18 is the total number of times my L...

Last reply
  • I rammed my knee into a sharp concrete corner, what do I do?

Yesterday at about 4 in the afternoon I was walking at the park. The park has many concrete benches that all have sharp corners for some reason. I was walking away from the mini water park at a decently fast pace and my knee slammed into the corner. I took several minutes before I could walk again with...

Last reply
  • Post-TKR Exercising

Preface I'm doing this post because I keep writing the same stuff over and over again on the subject of exercise.  So here it all is in one place. Why Exercise? Simply because: 1. Your quads and glutes have atrophied from months of non-use.  Ever see someone's bicep after an 8-week...

Last reply
  • Back to surgery or not

Hello I'm 55 had tkr 4 years agao. Was in therapy for 1 year 3 months. Had a manipulation on the knee 2 month after original surgery. During physical therapy I got to 114 degree bend but everytime the push to 120 I went backwards and started to 80 degrees again. Did this 3 times and at the 4th time...

Last reply
  • Knee pain after hiking

I developed some kind of tendinitis in my right knee after a particularly brutal hike through the snow. It got marginally better after two days of rest but I tried another hike and it just brought me back to the drawing board. My plan now is to irritate and inflame the hell out of the tendon as much...

Last reply
  • Total knee replacement after 3 months

Hi everyone, just want to ask for some little advise and opinion. I did my total knee replacement 3 months ago, until now my outer wound has been heal. And i did a aggressive physio ..but i do still feel very feel at night. Is it normal? The knee and bending part still very stiff at night, especiallly...

Last reply
  • Nine months after TKR

Chico said,9 month after TKR is a turning point for most people, you start to feel better. To get there he and others advised on the need for exercise, strength of mind and patience. ‘Be Zen’ l was told, ‘you will be better when you are better’.  I’m better. I can dance to the music again. My ever...

Last reply
  • Worried about strange noises

I've had both knees replaced, one in 2016 the other August 2017. When I get up both knees make a horrendous grating noise like cartilage tearing.. Consultant said it was bone on metal. Trust me it is Defoe not that. When I bend knees it's ok it when I outstretched them it does it.everyone in...

Last reply
  • CBD oil for knee pain.

There appears to be a lot of hype about CBD oil at the moment with it being the best seller in most health shops. A close friend of mine had been using it for two weeks and has had remarkable results. He has a cartilage defect and was told he could have a cartilage patch fitted on the NHS with an operation....

Last reply
  • Mastering Post-TKR Stairs

Going Up... - Go to a stair. - Hold on to the handrail!! - Put the foot of your BAD leg on the step. - Pull yourself up to the step. - Bring up your other foot. - Put the foot of your bad leg back down on the floor. - Balance on that leg while you bring your other foot down. - Repeat...a lot. A few...

Last reply
  • locked knee joint

Hi had my knee replaced 1 year ago in April , now all of a sudden my knee has locked when I sit down, I am finding it very difficult to straighten it and so pain full to get out of a chair, I basically have to let my knee click several times before I can straighten it. Anybody any ideas why y his has...

Last reply
  • Car travel after TKR

Any advice on when it might be feasible to contemplate a long car journey ( as a passenger) after TKR - talking 400 give or take 50 miles ? 

Last reply
  • Recovery from Total Knee Replacement

I am male 58yrs old. I had my left knee replaced in feb 2012 recovery was long and painful with sleepless nights and long days of pain but I got through . The important things in my opinion are theses..... regular light exercises pain control and the regular use of ice . Good tip here buy a strip of...

Last reply
  • I'm worried and painful for 2 days now. What should I do now?

The newly strange pain which I encountered two days after my PT guy pushed harder my knee to bend than regular. I past 3 months from patellar surgery treated by internal fixation (Tension Bend Wire left patella). I used to excercises with pain under bearable extent but this new psin is excruciation...

Last reply
  • Revision needed on left TKR after only 5 yrs

I’m sitting here so mad,  my left knee has a Loose part after only 5 years , so it’s going to have to be totally redone.  Well guess what now my right knee has a stabbing pain in it so I have to go to the orthopedic June 19 to get another x-ray to see what  is wrong with this knee . I...

Last reply
  • L-5-S-1

Schedule to have  L5-S1 Lumbar extraforaminal decompression posterior of L-5-L-4 L3-L2 and L4-S1 and Posterior Fusion of Faucet L5-S1 noninstrumented. Have anyone have had this done and how was the recovery? In September 2017 had Laminectomy with traforaminal decompression but failed....

Last reply
  • Knees are doing great BUT now my foot!

Hi everyone! I'm 21 weeks BTKR and my knees seem to doing great. But about 3 weeks ago my right foot (the middle of the heel) started hurting. Now I'm limping around and can't be on my feet for very long and have to go sit down like before my surgery. I found out I have a heel spur. I'm...

Last reply
  • Still healing...

Hello all....almost 6 months after TLK replacement and feeling good. I am wondering, every couple of months, my left leg gives out. I am wondering, could this be my muscles are still healing??

Last reply
  • 14 Weeks In

Well I cant believe I’ve got this far from the first 6 weeks where I could hardly move my knee and I’m thinking ‘what have I done’!!! I have worked my socks off, from knee lunges to squats to cycling, swimming, power walking, standing on 1 leg (bad knee) and taking the dog for a walk and anything else...

Last reply
  • Full knee replacement after 10 months partial

Hi I am so thankful to everyone of you sharing your comments. I have been goin really well with yoga, walking, e bike I just bought.  A slip of 6 degree on the lower knee replacement and results in a full knee replacement in September 2018.  I use Nordic sticks while walking . They are wonderful....

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter