Skip to content

Knee Problems

Also known as Baker's Cyst, Chondromalacia, Housemaids Knee, Meniscus Injury, TKR - Total Knee Replacement

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• Duckfan Duckfan

1 year anniversary TKR

i just went past my 1year Anniversary Feb 21st.  I was looking at some of my posts from last year,  I remember being so discouraged that I couldn’t bend my knee to the 120 PT wanted.  I walked out of there crying many times because I was so afraid of the manual adjustment,  my surgeon...

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Barbara

I'm 8weeks post op, walking, driving good... Struggling with stairs leg not strong enough yet.. I'm a bike rider.. But since my op I can not take pedals all the way around cause it hurts like hell.. I can stand up & peddle about 8times but that's it.. Still on strong pain killers.. All...

Last reply
  • Total knee replacement operation.

Hi ,I am 3 weeks post op.and just as I think I am doing ok i feel something new is happening, my operated knee keeps having a really cold sensation going right through to the bone and I get stabbing pains too .Don't misunderstand me having the op far out weighs the arthritic pain ,I was just wondering...

Posted
  • Slipped fatpad

I have a squishy lump on the outer side of my knee. My dr said the fat pad had slipped out after a tkr,  he said he’d never seen this before (real encouraging, right??). I had an mri and a second opinion which didn’t tell me much. It doesn’t hurt and I’m 7 months past surgery.  I’m able to...

Posted
  • 1 year anniversary TKR

i just went past my 1year Anniversary Feb 21st.  I was looking at some of my posts from last year,  I remember being so discouraged that I couldn’t bend my knee to the 120 PT wanted.  I walked out of there crying many times because I was so afraid of the manual adjustment,  my surgeon...

Posted
  • Knee replacement in 2 weeks time

I’m 52 and facing knee replacement in 2 weeks time , I do a heavy manual job and have been off work now for several weeks with arthritis , whilst off work I’ve been in less pain and now as the op is nearing I’m feeling very nervous and wondering whether I should ask for injections and postpone the op...

Last reply
  • Lifting leg after TKR

Dear All my first time on here and I need your suggestions please. I am 15 days post TKR ( left). I had bad reaction to general and morphine and spent the first three days being sick. Eventually stopped and was let home despite only 75% bend and not being able to lift leg. I have been really really anxious...

Last reply
  • The TKR Recovery "Bell Curve"

For the brave of heart and mind, I offer this "conjecture" from a former, old world statistician... If we look at recovery times as a normal bell curve distribution (not saying it is but humor me), then 95% of us fall within two standard deviations from the mean.  For argument's sake,...

Last reply
  • Can't straighten leg 5 weeks after TKR

The physios tell me this is normal but the exercises don't seem to make any difference.  Does using an exercise bike help or are there any other suggestions?  Saw the consultant yesterday for a follow-up appointment and he seemed to think that I should be completely pain free by now.  Should...

Last reply
  • Medicatio

Could anyone please give me some advise regarding medication. I’m in U.K. aged 60 work full time; 6 weeks post op. I am taking 2 Zapain (codeine and paracetemol Mic) 3 x daily 2 paracetemol once daily with 2 x 200mg iboprufen. In the last week I have had to take 5mils oral morph at night on 3 separate...

Last reply
  • My knees are still dislocating. Why? What more can I do?

Hi everyone, I'm 16 and have been having issues with both of my knee caps dislocating fairly easily for many years. It started about 5 years ago, mainly because I had lazy gamer legs at the time. About three years ago, I broke my wrist thanks to my weak legs and ended up doing therapy to strengthen...

Last reply
  • Total Knee Replacement -Burning Pain

My mom had a total knee replacement 8 days ago and has severe burning all around the joint. It gets worse when she's sitting and raises her foot up to straighten her leg. She has to do to exercises and the pain was so bad today that she was in tears. The therapist wasn't very helpful and acted...

Last reply
  • Stiffness

How long is the knees stiff in the morning after the staples are removed? Is there anything to help the stiffness other than exercise?

Last reply
  • Knee replacement wen young at 41

After years of failed surgery on my knee had tkr 4 weeks ago told I'm quite young at 41 just wondering if anyone close to my age and how your getting on and Wat helps you in recovery 👍

Last reply
  • TKR 9 weeks post op

After having a few really good and painless days last week the pain is back with a vengeance....I've hardly slept all weekend ...my knee is painfull  tight and heavy once again the painkillers are in use. has anyone else had this happen ...I'm wondering if something has gone wrong with the...

Last reply
  • Swelling following Total Knee Replacement Surgery

I am three weeks out from TKR surgery on my left knee. My surgeon assures me that swelling is completely normal following all that takes place during knee replacement surgery. I am curious to discover what others have experienced with SWELLING following surgery.

Last reply
  • Recovery

I am 61 and I commend all u that are in your 70' S and up that have gone through this it's hard for me at 61 but you guys are real Troopers to get through these replacements kudos to you guys!! U R AWESOME

Last reply
  • Fluid round my knee

Ok so i woke up 4 weeks ago with a very sore swollen knee, ive never had pain before nor bannged it (that i know of) ive had a mri scan that was quite normal but shows some fluid under my knee cap, my doctor has sent word for phsyo (still waiting) ... should i be in this much pain an should my knee feel...

Last reply
  • Total knee replacement

Hi anyone I had a tkr on the 27 November 2017 so I am 12 weeks in to recovery. I'm getting really bad pain at the top of my tibia just under the knee. Is anybody experiencing the same thing. It's really getting me down. Also the ligaments at the back of my knee seem to give way sometimes. Any...

Last reply
  • Fall

Had TKR two years ago. Constant pain - nearly crippled Had this button surgery on the patella six weeks ago  Fell today right on my knee. Can’t sleep with the pain Have u damaged it??

Last reply
  • Knee replacement need advice please

4 weeks post op from knee replacement and cant straighten my leg physio said it's so important to get it straight just feels like it's locked wen I try it's very painful I've had many operations and rehab after so I know it's not an easy road but it's just so frustrating

Last reply
  • Take how long did you do therapy

I'm 9 weeks p.o. on total knee replacement revaluation for therapy again how long has everyone done therapy I do good till after therapy then my leg doubles in size does anyone else do this I have 105 bend on my own therapist pushes it to 110 but I pay for it afterwards

Last reply
  • TKR

I had a TKR week ago yesterday, today I feeling shocking, I have not got out of bed, which I know is not good. I am not eating or drinking, I am trying to have sips. Has anyone else felt luke this a week post op

Last reply
  • TKR ROM Work At Home

This is for everyone but especially for those who can't afford PT or are too far away to travel to one.  Remember: The goal is to break up the forming scar tissue.  Screw the pain...do the work!!!  You want to walk with a limp the rest of your life? #0... Warmup: Nothing beats a...

Last reply
  • TKR - Advice on new clicking and popping

Hi, I've had bilateral TKA 10 weeks ago, and recovery has had it's up and downs, but finally as many on this forum have mentioned as you approach 3 months it starts getting better. I took another forum members advice (thanks Chico!) seriously and got off opioid pain meds (Oxycodone) this past...

Last reply
  • Total Knee Replacement

My wife got both knee TKR on 3rd Jan 2018. She was feeling great for 2/3 weeks. latter she has developed severe pain in ankle. What should we do.

Last reply
  • Woke up 3 werks ago with a swollen sore onee

Im fit healthy never had any problems with my knee untill 3 weeks ago i woke it was swollen an very sore .. just had a mri scan waiting on results ... 3 weeks later the swellin has gone down but i still can not walkproperly bend or streighten my knee it feels atiff n very strange like my knee xap isnt...

Last reply
  • 5 weeks post TKR and feeling quite low

I had my total knee replacement 5 weeks ago ..I've realised now that I certainly won't be ready to return to work after 6 weeks (I originally thought I would) I'm still taking tramadol occasionally and though I can walk without a crutch I find I limp so still use 1 crutch . I feel a little...

Last reply
  • Miracle for sleeping

I found on Amazon a "knee pillow". It is fantastic. No more pillows between legs. It is called. "Pull In Knee Cushion" made by Palli Partners. If I saw a way to show you I would insert a picture.

Last reply
  • Thigh muscle pain after Knee Replacement

Had my 2nd Knee replacement on Nov 17th 2017 ( right ) Had left done 11 weeks ago. So far have 103 bend and -1 on straightness. This surgery took an extra 30 minutes and the thigh muscle hurts a lot and I had to stop the leg lifting because the after effects on the thigh muscle. Anybody else had problems...

Last reply
  • Back of knee pain

After a skip on some water at the weekend my daughter has had pain in the back of her knee, she can move her leg but it’s painful and she can’t put much pressure on it’s to stand she has special need so (PWS) and Ian 24

Last reply
  • TKR

It’s been 7 months since my TKR did anyone else find one leg now shorter than the other???  With low back issues?? Thank you 

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter