Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Perimenopause

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet https://patient.info/health/menopause-alternatives-to-hrt...

Last reply
  • Here we go again....

I remember posting a couple weeks ago shortly after my period was over asking about what turned out to be a hot flash with no sweating.....acted the holy you know what out of me! Thanks to all of you I learned what it was and was tired the next day but you all helped my anxiety about it. Well, here...

Last reply
  • Postmenopausal bleeding

I had a trans vaginal ultrasound and now they're sending me for a biopsy. They wouldn't tell me the number for the thickness of the uterus. I know the technician saw blood. Does anyone know how much they can find out from the ultrasound? I'm pretty scared.

Last reply
  • Tinnitus

Hi has anyone experienced tinnitus? Mine started about a year ago as a constant high pitched ring, I have seen a ENT doctor and he told me I have hearing loss in both ears at high frequency but offered me no solution. Some days it’s louder than others, but makes me very anxious  X

Last reply
  • Waking every hour

Hi, for the past 3weeks I've been waking virtually every 1 or 2 hours with a fast heart rate and feeling very hot. This was preceded by months of poor sleep. I'm 46 and been having lots of mood swings in past 6 months. I wondered if anybody else has experience d such symptoms which could be peri...

Last reply
  • Feeling bad at the same times each day

Hello Just wondering whether any of you notice a pattern to your symptoms?  I’ve noticed I feel really bad around 11am and 6pm.  Do hormones spike and drop throughout the day? Thank you Al

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and SEVERE joint pain - any one else??

Hi I am 50 and have been in perimenopause for some time. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has suffered extreme joint pain as a result of fluctuating estrogen. Quick history: regular as clockwork from the age of 13 - up to and after the two pregnancies in my thirties. Then aged...

Last reply
  • Bad headaches and over thinking

Hi there does anyone else get pain in there temples and a pressure feeling in the top of there head that can last for a couple of weeks? I then over think it and google everything which Is then not good for my anxiety. This has just started happening so it’s a new symptom for me but it does mainly happen...

Last reply
  • i feel like im dying

how can peri make me feel this sick it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal (...

Last reply
  • Periods closer together

I'm new to this group and just wondered if anyone else has periods closer together? I had a blood test and my FSH levels are raised and my GP said I am in perimenopause.  I have missed one period then they went back to normal but heavy with clots, then every 3 weeks but shorter and now its 2...

Last reply
  • hrt

Hi i am 51  and started taking hrt after i started having loss of sleep  palpitations, forgetfulness. My GP has recommended  Novafem  for the past six months not sure if this is working. I asked if i should see a gynaecology for advice.

Last reply
  • Am i crazy?

Hi ladies its me Wendy trying not to stress but of lately my neck an the bak of my ears hav a pulling pain. My nose is stuffy a slight discomfort in d tummy also palpatation ever so often. Been to dr bp an all d rest gd ..i do nt knw wat to do ...getting depressed as well ..please relate thanks

Last reply
  • Trouble with keeping things in perspective?

Everything seems like a big deal now.  The smallest things bother me.  I know it’s the peri and anxiety, but I can tell I’m annoying to other people.  I feel this way especially at work, like I’m not as good at my job as I used to be.  I don’t have the career that my parents hoped...

Last reply
  • Aches and pains

Hi ladies haven’t posted for a while. Just abit of reasurrence really, I have aches and pains in my shoulders, across my chest/ beast bones and neck. Anybody else have these with menapause xx

Last reply
  • Stressed

Hi. Just wondering has anyone got groin pain? Also anyone who dosnt have hot flushes?

Last reply
  • Anyone with burning Sensation in skin?

Ive been having these burning sensation in my legs, back, stomach , foot, etc. kind of bounces around buy lingers there for a while. Oh and even my butt. It has me anxious wondering what could be wrong. It is so frustrating ! Its really getting to me. What causes.this???😭

Last reply
  • I itching

Did anyone ever have vaginal itching that won’t go away. The gynocologist gave me cream for a month and its still itchy. HELP. 

Last reply
  • Can Menopause really make you feel this BAD???

So can menopause really feel this bad mentally and physically... It never ends... Some days I do get some relief from symptoms but not today its just awful! I'm 47 had hysterectomy at 27 still have ovaries, so I have no clue of coarse where I'd be in my menopause and I think that's making...

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and anxiety

Hi ladies Hoping for some advice or personal experience with perimenopause and increased anxiety or panic attacks. I'm 44 years young and have had symptoms for last 3 years, in particular, varied menstrual cycle lengths (and I was always a regular 28 day gal), occasional night sweats (waking up at...

Last reply
  • Weight

Hi....ladies Is anybody weight going up and down with this perimenpause Please tell me something.

Last reply
  • Asthma and Perimenopause

Hi all... I've recently been told I have asthma. I first noticed symptoms about a year ago but had no idea it was asthma related. At the same time is when I first noticed premenopausal symptoms and have tried to read up as much as possible on the subject. My asthma nurse told me that hormones play...

Last reply
  • Anxiety

Hi....Everyone Could anybody tell me what feeling they get from anxiety from perimenpause. I get a funny feeling when I try to rest at. I get this funny feeling.

Last reply
  • Having a period after not having one for year

I am feeling scared because had a period after not having one for over a year . I am 48 and stopped having a period 14 months ago. I know it's an actual period because I had all the usual symptoms.. ..sore breasts..cramping...mild headache...increase of appetite and some bloating .just like every...

Last reply
  • perimenopause hell

Hi I am new to this forum...I found it online while googling 'skin burning hormones'.  I have had two weeks of sheer hell and was in tears reading the posts from other women who are experiencing the same skin issues, overwhelming dread, health anxiety,heart palpatations, insomnia and...

Last reply
  • CONCENTRATION

Hi girls, do you find you can or cannot concentrate on things like reading or writing TV general things of even on the computer..sometimes I find I'm OK with iPad and phone but reading no let me know

Last reply
  • Bleeding after 18 month

Started bleeding after 18 months went to GP spear test couldn't be done got referred to gnogolist appointment came in five days later for following week she done transvaginal scan and colonoscopy biopsy And excamanation and my spear test now she wants a CT scan I am extremely worried a lot of tests...

Last reply
  • Quick fix

I’m so tired of the this  anxiety   All day every day.   Sometimes I just want to get on an antidepressant.  It just seems overwhelming to get all your hormones running smooth again with HRT. 

Last reply
  • Pain

Does anybody get in between chest pain your boos hurt in between

Last reply
  • Femoston 1/10 early bleed every month

Hello ladies, I have been taking the above hrt for 4 months. (First two weeks on Estrogeon, followed by two weeks on Progesterone).First couple of months were fine but now my period arrives just before the end of the first two weeks of Estrogeon? Is this normal?  Also I'm booked in next week...

Last reply
  • HRT and perimenopause

Hi all .. Went to see doctor today as have a very late period- almost 5 weeks now. This is the latest it's been for me. The doctor was very helpful and told me that all symptoms definitely point to perimenopause. Sent me to have some bloods done(awaiting results) and advised I start HRT. This...

Last reply
  • Severe Vaginal Tingling/Itching Help! On HRT

I have been menopausal for 1 year. I have tried several methods of HRT. I am currently on 100 mg Prometrium and 2 mg Estradial.  I just started this a week ago. I have one ovary and I do have my uterus. I have severe vaginal dryness still. Every time I get aroused, wipe after using the bathroom,...

Last reply
  • Menopause

Hi . I had a complete hysterectomy in March 2016. Cervix, and uterus but kept ovaries. Plus a cystocele and rectocele. Felt like crap from surg. Had hormone test in May 2017 FHS 2.7 , LH 3.2 Oestradiol 3580 Then I had a couple weeks with hot waves and went back to gp to repeat hormone test in Oct17...

Last reply
  • Any advice

Im 46 one ovary early meno.  I went on bio hrt patch 1.5 years ago. When I started on patch my estrogen level was 18. I felt amazing in less than 24 hours after applying .50 patch. Flashes stopped had energy and depression lifted. I started to really go down hill about 6 months ago. Flashes back,...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter