Skip to content

Menopause

Also known as Livial, Perimenopause, Tibolone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

A few upgrades to the Patient forum

Over the next few weeks, you may notice a new design and some additional functionality rolling out across the Patient forums. We’ve been working hard to help you to get answers to your questions easier from others who may have been through something similar. Attached are a few sneak preview …

Last reply
  • Pinned

Menopause resources

Below are various resources for Menopause from leaflets to useful web sites and recommended discussions. There are patient leaflets on Menopause as below which also have related tabs with more information such as medicine leaflets, blogs etc. https://patient.info/health/menopause-and-hrt-leaflet …

Last reply
  • UTI’s in meno

Hi does anyone experience frequent UTI’s since peri? I keep getting them every few months , any suggestions ??

Last reply
  • Teetering and Tottering

Hi ladies, Have any of you experienced this unsettling feeling of being off balanced? It feels like I'm swaying when I walk. Although I am not actually swaying and it sometimes feels like I'm leaning forward when standing or like I'm leaning back even though I'm not moving at the …

Last reply
  • Stomach Bloated

Does anyone stomach bloats where it seem like its about to burst. I get this tightness in the skin all around the stomach and back from the bloating with a burning sensation. No its not from what im eating because I wake up like this and it goes on and off throughout the day.😞

Last reply
  • first ever post but getting desperate

Hi Ladies Im 50 and over the last 6 months but particularly the last 6 weeks ive been experiencing some awful symptoms. I have  an implanon (which is due out in january and never going back in) and not had a period for over 9 years so unable to gauge whether i am menopausal because of a lack …

Last reply
  • ITCHY SKIN!

My skin is so itchy ite driving me NUTS!. esp bad on palms...head and face ! Grrrrrr......hate this:-(

Last reply
  • Peri symptoms keep changing

I feel like I'll hit all 66 symptoms of perimenopause by the time I am done with this peri hell... symptoms come and last for a few days/weeks, then once that subsides some new symptoms show up... is it me or anyone else feel the same? I have anxiety, sleeplessness, but lately headaches and …

Last reply
  • I feel like I’m the only one going through this so bad ?

I read so many posts about hot flashes moods irritatability .  is ANYBODY else completed debilitated with fatigue and the darkest depression ???  Why do I feel like I’m the only one going through this ? Who else has gone to bed whilst it’s still light outside ? I have for 5 months !  …

Last reply
  • Breast Pain

Good day to all, Are there any of you also experiencing breast pain, and or as if something is crawling on you?

Last reply
  • Burning Body & Extreme Anxiety

Hi ladies - Well it’s me again, so once again I woke up with burning body parts calves, arms, neck, chest & back.  It generally starts for me in the middle of the night and  tends to wear off a bit as the day progresses.  Today however, it’s really ramped up, I have it also on my …

Last reply
  • Help! I have much more than hot flashes in menopause

Hi I a reaching out to see if anyone has the same symptoms me. Ovee the last few months I have woke up with very sore joints, dizziness, i have hot flashes through out day and night. My eyes get very dry, I have ringing in my ears, very bad headaches, anxiety, and feel depressed and emotional. …

Last reply
  • Another world

Just observing the world today, and how everyone interacts and is full of 'normal'.. doing, playing, eating, talking, carrying on. I know weve gone over this many times, but i just cant get over how 'not a part' of this world i feel. I personally feel lik'e im being haunted. my …

Last reply
  • Rib pain

is rib pain a common symptom of menopause?  I've had this on and off over the past couple of years - I've had two chest X-rays showing nothing.  This last week it's been pretty painful specially when lying down - does anyone suffer from this?

Last reply
  • Perimenopause and SEVERE joint pain - any one else??

Hi I am 50 and have been in perimenopause for some time. I just wanted to post here to see if anyone else has suffered extreme joint pain as a result of fluctuating estrogen. Quick history: regular as clockwork from the age of 13 - up to and after the two pregnancies in my thirties. Then …

Last reply
  • Menopause at 33.....

Evening all,  really looking for some advice and support. From the age of 25 I decided to go on the depot injection, thinking this was a great option for me as I was very career oriented. After 4 years I decided that I needed to come off it and give my body a break. After 4 years of little to …

Last reply
  • Somebody please help before I lose my mind

Hi all Just stumbled across this group while Googling symptoms.  I’m 45.  For the last two years I’ve had so many strange symptoms I feel like I’m losing my mind. I have health anxiety so I’m always thinking the worst.  GP is fed up with me and puts everything down to anxiety.   …

Last reply
  • Meno and stomach ache

For the last 3 days I have had severe pain from the belly button down. Even leaning against the sink top while washing dishes is sore. Getting brings on pain. My stomach is really swollen. I have diverticulis but this pain is different. Is it yet another MeNo symptom ladies? Has anyone suffered …

Last reply
  • tibolin/boltin/livial causing depression?

Hi all, to introduce myself, I am 54, 2 years since last period, and have been prescribed Boltin 2.5mg.  I live in Spain.  Second time trying it as gave up after couple of weeks last time after spending days lying around, tired, depressed and weight gain.  Now, 3 weeks in, very low …

Last reply
  • Internal Tremors, Shaking, Jitters

Hello Lovlies, Anytime I come across useful information I like to share. The only way to get through this "transition" in the best possible way is to stay informed as to what is going on with our bodies. Being as though every woman is different, what may work for one may not work for …

Last reply
  • i feel like im dying

how can peri make me feel this sick it started jan 2016 but past 3 months have beem horrible. i wake up at 5am feeling so sick. i am beyond tired everyday all day ( prob cause i dont sleep much ) and my body doesnt feel good. i feel like i am slowly dying and even tho all my tests come back normal …

Last reply
  • a kind of scientific question

Hello ladies, I would like to know if  it is the rise and after the drop in levels of progesterone that leads in our menstrual cycle every month? I know that it is more an interaction of other hormones  but the day we start our cycle the progesterone hormone is at the lowest thus we start …

Last reply
  • menopause/no periods for 3months.

Hi Ladies Hope you are all ok.  I was having lots of perimenopause symptoms over the last five years. Its been three months since ive had my last period. No more menopause symptoms. But im Not sure if my periods  will start again or. 

Last reply
  • Tongue feels swollen throat feels tight!!!

Hi ladies Its me again freaking out. I have posted this before but its back again. My tongue feels swollen with a burning sensation. It doesnt ĺook swollen. It keeps sticking to the roof of my mout. My throat feels tight in fact my whole mouth and throat feels weird. I constantly feel like my …

Last reply
  • Headaches and nosebleeds left nostril

Hi I’m 50 and in peri menopause! Lately I’ve been having headache and nosebleeds. It’s really starting to scare me. I’m just wondering if anyone else has gone through this while in peri menopause? I swear I get rid of one symptom and get 10 more! When will this all end?😐

Last reply
  • Feel like going crazy

I am really hoping someone can help me understand what is going on with me.I am fixing to be 43,and I think my symptoms although not as bad started a year ago.But the worst part started 2 months ago.I was having a lot of stress from a sick child and out of the blue,bam all these weird symptoms …

Last reply
  • Water retention

Hi all. Is water retention in the legs common with perimenopause? Mine had become noticeably increased these last couple of months.

Last reply
  • No sex life

I left my husband about 4 years ago and came back about 18 months since. We had sex once nut i have never even touched him since. I just dont feel like sex anymore. I used to be very sexually active. Am i being selfish in not making any moves. We have been on several holidays since I returned but i …

Last reply
  • I’m losing words - am I losing my mind?

Recently I literally can’t find the word for something when I need it. Obvious day to day objects, people’s names, places.   I’ve come across brain fog and memory gaps in some symptoms, but I feel really clear headed when it happens.  Is this normal? 

Last reply
  • Does diet help your symptoms

Hello ladies My diet is a little naughty. I just love chocolate. I have always been petite and been able to eat anything without gaining weight. Seems it has caught up with me and I have the middle age spread. Keen to know if any of you ladies changed your diet and if it helped your symptoms. My …

Last reply
  • Watery

Hello ladies. Does anyone get sudden watery light colored bleeding followed by spotting and stringy darker blood in the toliet? Then maybe nothing for a while. Thanks in advance.

Last reply
  • Intercourse problems

Had hysterectomy at 32. Went on HRT at 35. Been off and on for yrs. About to turn 60. Married 38 yrs. Trying to have a normal husband/wife relationship, but every time we try to have intercourse intense pain, burning and pressure. Have tried lots of lubricants and all burn. Help

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter