Skip to content

Other Conditions and General Health

Also known as Amyloidosis, Angio-oedema, Familial Mediterranean Fever, General Health, Lipoedema, Lymphoedema, Oedema, Serotonin Syndrome, Swollen Ankles/Legs, Tiredness/General Fatigue

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Whoozy Lightheaded Sensation? What is it?

Last 4/5 days I've been having this weird sensation like I'm whoozy headed or lightheaded, like I'm swaying but not actually, just feels like that in my head, and the left side of my neck feels achy sometimes or tingly. It makes me feel wobbly when I'm walking like I'm going to …

Posted
  • Off Label Aripiprazole / Abilify in the UK

I will move to London soon and I am wondering how to get off label Aripiprazole, which I need against my otherwise severe stammering. Will the NHS cover my psychiatrist cost and the cost for the pills if they prescribe it to me? If not, does anybody have an idea how much that would cost me? Any …

Posted
  • Toe fusion

On 24/8/18 I had a toe fusion done on my second toe with a permanent screw put in 3 weeks after the op the screw burst through my skin and started to protrude out my toe I had an infection too, this is my third op on this toe last year I had the same op but with a k wire the same thing happened …

Posted
  • I can't feel anything when I get injections on my upper leg

My doctor perscribed me B12 and I started to get IM injections. I've never got injections on my thigh before. I can't feel it. I was a nurse I kinda know how this things work. I got my first injections at hospital, I didn't feel then but I just thought it was because the nurse was very …

Last reply
  • Laparoscopic procedure consent

Hoping some one will be able to help me, I am undergoing a laposic procedure on Thursday to investigate the cause of my admonial pain and dizziness as I had major surgery in June to remove a cyst and my right ovary. In an ideal world if anything is found I would like it dealt with on the same …

Last reply
  • light headache for 3 days

hello everyone  im 24 years old male  my condom broke 29 months ago in sex and after that im anxious about being sick  ive been ok for almsot 3 weeks  but i started to smoke alot  3 packs of cigarette in 2 days  after that, 2 days after that, i started to feel slight …

Last reply
  • Burns making my fingers bleed

I work at a medical factory on a production line wrapping single use procedure packs for hospitals (a little bit of background for you) The paper we use is like a thin green tissue paper and lately it's been burning my fingers due to the high speeds in which we have to work in, we tend to …

Last reply
  • Stuffed Nose all year long

I constantly have a stuffed nose.  It started 4 years ago, after i got a cold in fall. the cold went away after a week but the stuffy nose stayed until the beginning of summer. Then in fall the same thing happend again. The stuffy nose went away again after it got warm outside. But the …

Posted
  • Minor swelling

my child has been swelling in the lip and other parts it’s a minor swelling we think it’s cause by the chili probably  he says he feels it like normal but it’s just like getting bigger stops after a while though

Last reply
  • Pain in my hips when I walk

I will start off with the fact that I'm 16 years old. For a month now, maybe more, I've had this pain in my outer hip whenever I walk a semi - long distance. From then on the more/faster I walk, the more painful it gets. I'm not sure what the problem is, but I do remember when it …

Last reply
  • Help I am scared of anesthestics

I had a operation earlier this year and got myself so terrified of the anesthitic. Everything went fine. Having another operation to investigate the cause of something in just over a week and even though I want this operation the fear of the anesthitic is starting to kick in again. Anyone got any …

Last reply
  • Worried with what is wrong with me

Hi,  I have varying symptoms and feel abnormal most of the time, I cannot recall the last time i felt in good health.  I have listed out some of the issues I have been having (since i thought it might be a problem), anyone have any advice? Abnormal smear – April 2018 Painful right …

Last reply
  • Im scared because i've started feeling weak out of the blue!

I'm writing this on Saturday and i first felt weak at Thursday, i felt like my muscles weren't as they should be. They were weaker. I wasn't getting tired faster but it was harder to for example: write and carry things. The only times i had weakness was when i felt sick. It was worse …

Last reply
  • Constantly Tired - Blood tests normal

For the last 1-2 months I have been feeling constantly tired. I work as a Nurse full time however I only work day shifts, 8am-5pm Mon-Fri. Every morning I wake up tired. I find myself dozing off at my desk if I am doing paperwork and struggle to make it to lunch time. On my lunch break I sleep in …

Last reply
  • First Gynecologist Appointment

Ok I’m 19 and I’ve been told I should go to the gynecologist at least once even if I’m not sexually active.  I’m not sexually active I haven’t seen/touched/even been near another person’s private parts but I understand the need to go. My main motivation at the moment is I do these SmartJane …

Last reply
  • Feel so tired

I feel so tired all the time and aching jounts. I am sleeping for 9-10hrs a night but still falling asleep after work on the sofa every night. I also feel sick after i have eaten. I have recently lost 3 stone and go to the gym 4 times a week. Tia

Last reply
  • Laporoscary

Hi In less than two weeks I am have a laposic operation to investigate my pain I am having. I had c section open surgery 12 weeks ago to.remove and cyst and my right ovary. I am nervous a bit about this operation but really want it to find out the cause of my pain. Any info.including on recovery …

Last reply
  • Feeling tired all the time

Hi everyone, 7 months ago I had a flu, I've got better after 4,5 days, but I have the fatigue problem now for 6 months since that time. I was full of energy and I barely felt tired. I did 4 cbc blood test, thyroid test, hepatitis b and c, hiv, ESR, CPR All was normal and negative. I don't …

Posted
  • Sharp pain in lower jaw after yawn

Something odd: So for the past week or so, whenever I have yawned, immediately after an incredibly sharp and intense pain is felt behind my chin. It’s really painful and it lasts for sometimes up to 25 seconds or so. I would like to know what this is. 

Last reply
  • Poorly for 2 years and getting no where

I've been physically unwell for around 2 n half ish years. Palpitations, breathlessness, dizziness, blurred vision, rapid weight loss, fatigue, full body pains, numbness in hands and feet, chest pains, very prominent palm veins etc. I've had bloods, 24hr heart tape and head mri done and …

Last reply
  • Internal scaring tissue damage

11 weeks ago I had open surgery to remove a 32cm cyst along with my right ovary. Four weeks ago I came down with bad pain and being unwell. As scans and blood tests and a course of antibiotics have not solved anything in less than two weeks I am have a laporoscary to investigate further. My …

Posted
  • Why are the veins on my hands really blue?

Hi all I have many unexplained symptoms which could all overlap which makes it difficult to get tests done as symptoms are so varied. One symptom I can't understand is the veins on my palms occasionally going really blue, particularly at the Base of my thumb near wrist, but it happens all over …

Last reply
  • I just had Endometriosis ablation surgery

Oh on yesterday morning I had my Endometriosis ablation surgery and were in so much pain afterwards. My gynecologist took off without talking to me afterwards which to me felt a little weird. He did however talked with my husband to just show him pics of him burning the grapefruit size of a fibroid …

Posted
  • Chest pain when hungry

It's summer, and I have bad sleeping times. I sleep at 4-6 AM and wake up 3-4 PM And I think it might be related to this. So a few weeks ago whilst I was hungry the middle bit of my chest started to ache. Idk how to explain the part but it's just at the middle of my chest  So now it …

Last reply
  • Pain and swelling

I have lymphedema and lipodema from the waist down every time I get on a flight short or long from the waist down my I swell and it’s very painful it doesn’t go away for a few weeks any help or ideas? 

Posted
  • Feeling slightly unwell for a long time

For the past several months I’ve felt slightly unwell, like the start of a cold or illness but without the runny nose or cough. It’s like mild to moderate body aches with a slightly sore throat. I’ve also felt more tired than usual. In the last few weeks i think I’ve had maybe 4 days that I’ve felt …

Posted
  • Is there a a calling for All Natural Products?

Recently I have been looking into all natural products and removing the toxins from my home and business. I have been impressed with how well the all natural products do compared to the chemical induced counter parts that we have had in the past. I switching my household over to them but how many …

Last reply
  • Severe Chronic Fatigue!

Hello, I have been struggling with fatigue for the past 7 years. I first noticed it following a minor cold virus. This fatigue has gradually gotten worse and worse over time. In the beginning it was manageable, just kind of annoying, but every couple months it gets a little bit worse. Now, 7 …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter