Skip to content

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are links to various resources from our site and others. If anyone has suggestions for other useful resources let me know but please do so by contacting me and not replying in this thread. Any links for inclusion will have to be from non-commercial reputable sites. Patient Leaflets https://patient.info/health/benzodiazepines-and-z-drugs...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone long Term Use

Hi is it ok to take a quarter of Zop each night long term? I try to have 2 nights a week without it and on the very odd occasion have to take half a dose

Last reply
  • About to have my 1st tablet help wanted!!!

what should i expect to happen i have only ever had 2 sleeping pills and that was while i was in hospital. I have been having sleeping problems for about 2 moths im tired but when i get into bed i just lie there.. I cam sit and read for hours the time just goes by i only ever really get to sleep at...

Last reply
  • Positive stories please

I have been off of zoplicone since 2014. Mostly. I have taken it once or twice since. But I can't seem to stop when I start taking them. I'm on other meds for sleep now, so insomnia isn't the issue anymore. The problem is that I still crave zoplicone like an alcoholic craves liquor. I hate...

Last reply
  • Dangers of taking Zopiclone

Has anyone heard  rerports about Zopiclone being dangerous to health and that it can eventually kill you.  Sounds like scaremongering i know, but  sure its not.  Also, is there any proof of this.  

Last reply
  • Officially off Lorazepam after 20 years.

Hi everyone. I don't know how to update on my discussion. LOL but I am off the Lorazepam after 20 years. Took 5 months to go from 3mg to zero. but the good part is I am done with it. My pain management PA helped a lot!!!! She was by my side the whole time. If you are struggling just put your mind...

Last reply
  • Alprazolam

I have taken Alprazolam occasionally (typically every three days for the last 3 weeks.) I usually took .25 MG a day and never more than .5 mg a day (usually every three days) to fight panic attacks. I decided to quit cold turkey, and I haven't been able to sleep for the last two days. Could I be...

Last reply
  • Ativan help please, I’m freaking out

I’ve been on this for 3 weeks. I take a1/4 of a.5mg lorazepam once a day.  I also take 20mg of propranolol twice a day for migraines and vertigo.  I don’t feel good on the Ativan and I’m freaking out at all the horrid stories about getting off this med.  I want to taper off cause I know...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone side effects after long term use

Hello you all! I´m new here so I really don´t know how this works.  But I have some questions for those here who have experienced sideeffects from after long term use (abuse) of the drug Zopiclone.  Is there someone here who has experienced indigestion after using Zopiclone or...

Last reply
  • Tittinus

I’m taking 5mg of ambien to help me sleep. I’m having terrible ringing in my ears. Has anyone else experienced this as a side effect from ambien???

Last reply
  • Tapering diazepam.

I have tapered down to 2mgs and now l feel completely stuck.l am being slammed with terror and obsessive thoughts .l don't know how to move forward.I am worried l can't get off this poison.

Last reply
  • Diazepam taper help needed

Am on diazepam 7mgs for 10 years.Have reached tolerance and they are making anxiety worse over the last 3 years.l take them for sleep however they now make me so agitated and anxious and during the day l feel as though I am going through withdrawal.Any advice would be great.l have read so many horror...

Last reply
  • Alprazolam

I took Alprazolam 25 occasionally for 3 weeks. Usually, om a day, and most days I didnt even take any. I stopped cold turkey on Sunday, and since then, I ve been suffering from insomnia. Could I be experiencing WD?

Last reply
  • Can diazepam cause panic attacks

I have severe anxiety and panic attacks. Am on 40mg citalopram for 4 month with no improvement. Doc just gave me diazepam. Its not helping and is making me have more attacks.. Anyone else experienced this...

Last reply
  • Positive withdrawal stories please

I have been taking lorazepam 1-3mg for 3-4 months and am now tapering off. The land of Google is a terrifying place for info on this subject. Please could anyone share any positive experiences coming off of this drug. Please no negative ones I've seen too many.

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Withdrawal

My insomnia started 3 months ago after a couple of sleepless nights which suddenly turned into massive sleep anxiety. I took 7.5 mg Zop for 7 nights then half a dose now down to a quarter of a dose every night. I'm getting there still get sleep anxiety but keeping busy. I've also started Melatonin...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone..docs say my fault I'm addicted

Put on 7.5 dosage for sleep problems due to depression/anxiety 15 years ago. Told then it was for 'short term' only. Found initially they worked great, lots of good sleep. But then after a time I needed to increase the dosage myself to get any sleep. GP sometimes questioned why I still used...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone 7.5 not working. Any alternatives?

I have been diagnosed with severe depression following a serious suicide attempt three weeks ago. Since then I have been sleeping maybe one to two hours a night. The crisis team suggested I try zopiclone which my GP prescribed for me three nights ago. I've never taken any form of sleeping pill before....

Last reply
  • Why is Zopiclone so awful

Will somebody tell me the reason for the hysterical comments, and hate campaign against this sleeping tablet . Please don't tell me to read  yards of stuff on different forums and sites, What is so bad  about it. . I get sleep, and nothing else, (thankfully ).  It can't be so bad...

Last reply
  • Antidepressants and derealization or dream like state

I've posted this here as starting benzo's or z drugs can have the same effect ok so you've been to the GP and they have prescribed you an antidepressant, and probably told you very little about what to expect when starting these types medications. ​First things first read the leaflet paying...

Last reply
  • Weaning off zopiclone

Have decided to wean myself off Z ( with support from doctor ) ..has anyone done this successfully ....I've been using them for about 4 years 

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Not Working

I was recently prescribed Zopiclone 3.75mg (14 tablets). I haven't noticed any significant changes in my sleep, I still can't fall asleep. I have discontinued use because I'm well aware of the potential for dependency and if it's not working I have no need to take them. Is it possibly...

Last reply
  • Long term use of Zopiclone.

I have come completely dread bed time as I when taking this this sleeping it will have no effect! I'm so sick and tired pro the frustration every night. Lying with absolutely no sleep! My GO won't consider a change. I have Bi- Polar disorder and sleep is of big importance! Help..

Last reply
  • Splitting zopiclone 7.5

Hi guys, Ive been prescribed zopiclone 7.5mg as I'm not sleeping at all no matter what I do and at the moment these appear to be the only things that can give me some sleep. As well as struggling to fall asleep I find it hard to stay asleep(even with zopliclone) which I know has a short half life,...

Last reply
  • Diazepam

I take 5mg of diazepam a day want to stop taking them my physiatrist says just stop taking them I only been taking them since October 23, a little over 2 months what should I do..

Last reply
  • Benzo long time effects?

Hi, been on low dose benzo (Valium) for 21 years. 1-5 mgs per day. Taken 10 mg occasionally (maybe once per year) when flying long haul. Now I have stopped totally. Was taking 2-2.5 mg at nights, then 1 mg. Now I have had nothing in one week. Working fine. No trouble in sleeping. Today my head feels...

Last reply
  • Long term use of Zopiclone

I realise that nowadays, GP`s aren`t keen on prescribing the \"Z\" drugs, however I started taking Zopiclone in 1994, and to be honest, I still find them the most useful sleeping tablet, even after 17 years. The others Zolpidem and Zaleplon did not work at all for me. Back when I was...

Last reply
  • Zopiclone--How do I get off?

I've been on Zop for about a year and started with 3.75 x 1 per nite, then my insomia got really bad then my GP told me to take 3-4 x 7.5mg which I wrongly did.  Now, my new psychiatrist has lowered my intake to 2x7.5mg per nite for the past 10 days and been not stay stable at all.  At...

Last reply
  • Diazepam next day hang over! Help

I was rxd celexa and diazepam for anxiety and depression.  I have only taken diazapam 2 days (5mg and then 1mg). I have been really dizzy and spaced out the day after taking it. I feel almost more depressed the the next day as well. Is this common? I think I’m super sensitive to medications.  I...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter