Skip to content

Benzodiazepines and Z Drugs

Also known as Diazepam, Flurazepam, Loprazolam, Lorazepam, Lormetazepam, Nitrazepam, Temazepam, Valium, Zolpidem, Zopiclone

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below are links to various resources from our site and others. If anyone has suggestions for other useful resources let me know but please do so by contacting me and not replying in this thread. Any links for inclusion will have to be from non-commercial reputable sites. Patient Leaflets https:// …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone Withdrawal

Hi I stopped Zopiclone after taking it for 5 months 3 nights ago. Somehow I managed about 5 hrs interrupted sleep the first two nights. Last night I had no sleep and feel awful today. The doc said I can still take it if I feel desperate but I know I will slide back into the habit of taking it. Any …

Last reply
  • Not sleeping

Can i ask if anyone's had issues with not sleeping what doctors have gave them. I'm currently on 7.5mg of zopiclone three times a week just so I can get a sleep to get too work but I've read how bad they are. I've got an appointment with a mental health nurse next week and just …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone withdrawals?

I was taking zopiclone for about 13 days 7.5mg every night fofor insomnia. I found out my insomnia was cause by very high bp. Now bp is normal range. No need for zopiclone. I fall asleep every second night without it bringing it to a total of about 18 days over the last month....now I feel very …

Last reply
  • die die

I'VE BEEN TAKING ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS.

I'VE BEEN ON ZOPILCONE FOR 15 YEARS. I TRYED TO STOP TAKING THEM WITHOUT ANY MEDICAL HELP. THE SIDE EFFECTS ARE VERY BAD. I HAD FAST HEART RATE, HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE, SWEATS, THE JERKS AND BREATHING PROBLEMS. I WAS TAKING 5 TO 6, 7.5MG PER NIGHT IN THE END. I'M GETTING HELP TO COME OFF THEM. …

Last reply
  • klonopin for a little over a week

i was put on klonopin for my sleep anxiety (terrified of not being able to sleep) & i was doing great for the first week but the past 2 days i've gone backwards.... the nights have been almost sleepless & ive been so frustrated & emotional in the daytime bc of not being able to …

Last reply
  • Botox DO NOT DO IT - CNS - WITHDRAWAL - WARNING

Hey everyone, A week ago today I got botox for the very first time.  I'm only 29 and got it by impulse.  The next day I started feeling sick and vomited everywhere.  That night I had such bad panic attacks, anxiety, awful thoughts etc.  I knew it wasn't from withdrawal …

Last reply
  • Klonopin vs lorazapam

Anybody tried both lorazapam and klonopin? The lorazapam is making me feel so drowsy its hard to do anything. Is klonopin worse? Doc is thinking of changing me to klonopin. I've read it makes you real sleepy at first and then wears off. Any advice? Don't really want to be on benzos but I' …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone taper

Hi folks, i know there is a widely used study for tapering of Zopiclone . i can5 seem to find the report, would anyone be able to help so I could present to my doctor. thank you

Last reply
  • db1 db1

Dosage of Zopiclone?

I am interested what dosage of Zopiclone other users (especially long term users) are prescribed, as I am a concerned daughter whose 65 year old mother is very addicted to this drug. She has taken various drugs for insomnia and depression for a very long time, the lastest being Zopiclone for the …

Last reply
  • Lorazapam versus another benzo

Getting on 10 mg celexa, using 3 mg a day of lorazapam. Doc wants to up me to 4 mg. Don't really want to go up, celexa seems like it just keeps raising the anxiety. Is there another benzos that works better than lorazapam for stopping the anxiety? Doc mentioned klonopin, and what happens when …

Last reply
  • Why is Zopiclone so awful

Will somebody tell me the reason for the hysterical comments, and hate campaign against this sleeping tablet . Please don't tell me to read  yards of stuff on different forums and sites, What is so bad  about it. . I get sleep, and nothing else, (thankfully ).  It can't be so …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone withdrawal

Trying to get off zopiclone, cutting the tablets into 1/4 so tiny can't reduce the dose any more so trying taking them alternate nights. Has anyone used Phenergan or any other anti histamine to help with withdrawal symptoms and how long did you take it for? Awful withdrawal symptoms even though …

Last reply
  • Diazipam withdrawal please help

Hello  Long story short I was on 15mg if Diazipan (5mg 3 times a day) got down to 2.5mg in the morning and 2.5 at night . I have been tapering for 3 weeks now yesterday went down to 1.25mg in the morning and 2mg at night , I’m all over the place ! Upset tummy, dizzy, no appetite, increased …

Last reply
  • Advice on benzo taper

For over three years i have had depression based anxiety. Body rejected the anti depressants so I am left by psychiatrist with diazepam.  I have taken 5mg at night for four years, sleep is one of my problems and it seemed to help.  I also take 2 or 4mg in daytime as i get agitated.   …

Last reply
  • Zopiclone

Hi. Anyone struggling with Zopiclon and have withdrawal between doses? I did not realize how powerfull they are. Been taken them for 3 years. Trying to taper from now. I cant take Valium so I have to cut doses of Z. Anyone here?

Last reply
  • Trying to come off Zopiclone

Need some advice. Been on Zopiclone for about 10 years only take1/4 of a 7.5 mg tablet a night but desperatly trying to wean off them. Been trying to cut out doses 2 or 3 nights a week but withdrawal is awful only been trying about 6 weeks. Lots of sites recommend switching to diazepam as …

Last reply
  • zopiclone withdrawals and WTF? help !

Hi all, so a tiny bit background. I'm 33 years old, male. In my 20's i had a really bad problem with anxiety and drinking (to stop the anxiety) Anyway FFW 10 or so years im living an almost perfect life, amazing wife, NO anxiety, living in Melbourne, Australia but my workload is getting a …

Last reply
  • Please help ! Diazipam taper , having a hard time

Hi Long story short . I’m tapering off Diazipam which I’ve been on for 10 months , original dose 15mg , 3x mg each day . I am now on 1.5mg morning and 2my evening, I was on 2mg in the morning but dropped 0.5mg on Monday , really feeling it today , shaky , dizzy, eyes a bit blurry, sleep is very …

Last reply
  • Cold turkey from xanax... feel awful

Its now day 4 since i stopped taking xanax. I’ve done this cold turkey (which i know is not ideal).  I took prescribed xanax for 2 months (once per day @ 0.5mg) topped up by non presecribed xanax to sleep (1.5 - 2 per day) for 2 months.  I feel sick, vision is blurred, so tired and look …

Last reply
  • My minimal symptom taper plan to helps others

Ativan  I thought I would share my taper plan thus far.  I have had some symptoms such as headaches, fatigue and some nausea but other than that it has worked well for me and I am able to make a cut every 14 days. I cut 5% every 14 days and then hold for 14 days.  I cut the tablets …

Posted
  • Cutting back on lorazapam

How do I wean down on lorazapam? I'm currently on 3 mgs a day. Its starting to be too much. How much can I remove at once so I don't go through withdrawals

Last reply
  • Too much lorazapam

I take 1 mg in morn, 1half in afternoon and 1and 1 half at night for sleep. Can I skip afternoon pill and take 2 at night instead so I'm not so sleepy during day without effect?

Last reply
  • Ativan to Valium crossover schedule - may help someone

Hello all, I am currently taking 1.33mg of Ativan daily. 1st dose: 0.34mg Ativan 2nd dose: 0.34mg Ativan 3rd dose: 0.33mg Ativan 4th dose: 0.32mg Ativan Total Ativan = 1.33mg  My crossover schedule was going to be like this: Week 1    1st dose: 0.34mg Ativan       & …

Posted
  • Cutting back on lorazapam

How do I wean down on lorazapam? I'm currently on 3 mgs a day. Its starting to be too much. How much can I remove at once so I don't go through withdrawals. Can I cut a quarter down at once without feeling anything?

Posted
  • Xanax, Percocet & Ambien Need help

I'm 64 and never took anything for pain in my life till i fell down steps 2 yrs ago. I had some procedures done that made the pain worse. The doctor prescribed me  3 - 5mg percocet.a day.  I have been on ambien for 6 yrs do to ptsd & essential tremors, i couldn't sleep.  …

Last reply
  • Diazepam advice

Hi I hope I have posted this in the correct place.  I have PTSD, Recurrent depressive disorder and GAD.  I have been getting a VERY limited supply of diazepam for the last couple of years (aprox. 10, 5mg tablets every 3 MONTHS) it has been a real struggle each and every time to get the …

Last reply
  • Headache from lorazapam

Has anyone experienced headache or weird feelings from lorazapam? Been on this for 5 wks as I'm trying to get on celexa. Felt fine at first, now Can't tell if headache is from celexa, loraz, or both. Thinking of changing to diazapam. Can't just go off, don't see my doc for 2 wks. …

Last reply
  • Should I take a Klonopin?

Have felt really weird for hours. Body feels numb inside, derealizatuon, feel like passing out, shaking, hard to stand, dizzy, nauseous. Hard to eat cuz of nausea. I take Klonopin as needed I just wanna make sure it’s safe to take it if I feel like passing out already cuz I know from experience …

Last reply
  • Buspirone

i have been advised that this is a possibility instead of being tolerant to diazepam. I am looking for anyone with experience of it

Last reply
  • Yellow 5mg fake diazepam info wanted

Im looking for anyone who may have bought these tablets and if they have any info or experiences with them . Now I realise that self medication is frowned upon on this site and I'm not proud of myself for buying them and using them, but needs must as I personally cannot string a sentence …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter