Skip to content

Antibiotics

Also known as Amoxicillin, Ampicillin, Augmentin, Azithromycin, Cefaclor, Cefadroxil, Cefalexin, Cefixime, Cefpodoxime, Cefradine, Chloramphenicol, Clarithromycin, Clindamycin, Co-amoxiclav, Co-fluampicil, Co-trimoxazole, Doxycycline, Erythromycin, Floxapen, Flucloxacillin, Fusidic Acid, Gentamicin, Isoniazid, Lymecycline, Minocycline, Monotrim, Mupirocin, Nitrofurantoin, Oxytetracycline, Penicillin, Polymyxins, Rifampicin, Septrin, Telithromycin, Tetracycline, Tinidazole, Vancomycin, Zithromax

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Clarythramicin 500 mg

Taken clarythramicin 500 mg fir 7 days wasn't nice to take nasty side effects but now I've finished the course I've got terrible anxiety  my tongue is raw I have pains in my feet very low mood that won't lift poor appetite can't sleep headaches I won't go on but when will...

Last reply
  • Antibiotic stays in your body

I have a gum infection that is caused by a wisdom tooth. My doctor has prescribed me antibiotic Cefditoren Pivoxil 200mg and Meloxicam 15mg for five days which ends on Friday. I am planning to have my tooth extraction on the following Monday. I just wondering if the antibiotic still works in my system...

Posted
  • Clarithromycin causing anxiety and depression

I've been on clarithromycin and linezolid since October 2017 and have since had the worst anxiety and depression of my life.  I was doing just fine before starting them and then over the course of several weeks, my mental health drastically declined.  Studying and going to class became...

Last reply
  • Nausea for 3 days

For 3 days i have been nauseous, this morning being the worst and is hard to eat. However i have not actually thrown up. My period just ended a week ago. I have been taking an antibiotic smz/tmp for a uti the past 4 days and am thinking maybe it is from this?

Posted
  • antibiotics

my doctor has changed my medication to cefalexin has anyone took this and was it ok I am petrified as I have major anxiety towards medication there has been quite good reviews on this tablet.

Last reply
  • Mouth dryness and bitterness

I had to take amoxicillin for 7 days Since I stopped 2days ago my mouth is dry and bitter . Did anyone here faced that ? How can I solve that problem. Help😩😩

Last reply
  • Cefixime aka Suprax

Hi, I wondered if anyone developed very bad diarrhea from this antibiotic? I know it's a common side effect but the question is how bad is bad? I got watery diarrhea on day 3 of a 7 day course for fluid behind the eardrum. It concerns me because it was very watery and Id say over 24 hours I had it...

Posted
  • I used unprescribed antibiotics

I was having a cold and just took one pill of cliacil then I understood I did something terrible but it was too late. Then I went to the doctor but forgot to ask about the antibiotic I took. Should I continue to that antibiotic to not make the bacterias get powerful or just one pill won't give them...

Last reply
  • Clarithromycin - giving me so many problems

i wonder if anyone can help me, as mentioned Im on a course of Clarithromycin and I have so many side effects that I promise myself, never again, why.. from day two I’ve been so sick, both ends of me overworked!  Very anxious, can’t stop crying, headache but the worst is I’m so dizzy.  Has...

Last reply
  • help me please, problem?

I’ve not been diagnosed officially, but I have burning in my belly, between my breast bone and belly button and since yesterday, I have this weird cold feeling in my belly every time I drink water. What could it be? I feel like I have a hole in my stomach. I’m going on holiday tomorrow so I might be...

Posted
  • Antibiotic side effects and freaking out

I have an indwelling catheter that I have had for about a month now. Was given Bactrim and an injection of Gentamycin. I now have a weird ache in my right leg and upper thigh. It has been there for a few weeks. It is very easy to find on the internet that these problems will never ever go away. I don't...

Last reply
  • Bronchitis

I've got Bronchitis and I'm really poorly with it, I was put on Doxycycline and was sick and had the runs, was throwing up yellow bile in the Morning and was nauseous throughout the day so I got changed to Clarithromycin and exactly the same thing happened! Don't know what to do can someone...

Last reply
  • Doxycycline-weird issues

So I took doxycycline for four days for a sinus infection. I had dizziness and anxiety-been off of it for three days. Now insomnia. Is this possible??! From the meds?! 

Last reply
  • Antibiotics caused depression?

I’ve been on antidepressants for 3 years with no signs of reacurring depression however I’ve recently taken a course of antibiotics for a throat infection, Ciprofloxacin I think it was called 500mg twice daily as I’m allergic to penacillin, and this seems to have surfaced all my depression along...

Last reply
  • I've had a tingling sensation in hands and feet for weeks

About a month ago I found a lump in lower right pec. Went to the doctors, told it was an abscess. They Gave me amoxicillin. Started taking it over 2 weeks ago and literally the next day started feeling a weird sensation in lower right food. Ignored it and took it for 4 more days. It got worse, now I...

Last reply
  • Tingling & Numbness in my Head......Anxiety, or Antibiotics???

Hi All....So I have been dealing with some health issues since Feb..With Acid reflux....I have constant pressure by my ribs for one...I had Endoscopy done a week ago. Dr. Says i may have an Ulcer. Well i been on 2 Antibiotics, and Pantoprazole...The Antibiotic Doxycycline seems a bit strong! It hurts...

Last reply
  • Trimethoprim ; worried about side effects

Hi I have most of the posts related to this medication and am on high alert of  the side effects.  Following attending Urgent Care I was prescribed Trimethoprim a  5 day x2 daily course. The first 2 tablets 1) taken in the afternoon and 2) at night; I woke with cramp in my abominal region,...

Last reply
  • Pleurisy and Chest Infection Clarithromycin

I really hope someone can give me some advice. Before Christmas I came down with a cold which turned into a chest infection. I didnt go to a GP as usually these things clear up. However by Christmas Eve I was starting to feel pretty bad and called the doctor but they were closed so I didn't go. Went...

Last reply
  • Antibiotics working in half an hour?

I had a lump under my arm which was progressively getting more and more painful. It fluctuated in size and yesterday I started experiencing some very sharp pains in the area, so I went to the doctors. They prescribed me with antibiotics as they said the area seemed slightly inflamed, figured it was mildly...

Posted
  • Told to quit antibiotics, should I?

Hello. I'm a 15 year old Male. Friday I woke up with tight lungs, and after my track meet, I went to urgent care. They said I had an upper respiratory infection which was causing asthma like symptoms. Today (sunday) I had a fever, so I went to a different urgent care, and tested positive for flu...

Posted
  • Trimethorpim interfering with Atkins Diet

My husband has been on the Atkins diet for 2 1/12 months and has lost 36 pounds which is great but for the last 3-4 weeks he has either gained weight or lost a pound or two in a week but put on 5-7 pounds the next week.  This started about the same time he started Trimethoprim.  Can this medicine...

Posted
  • Skin diseases

I've had this problem for 10 years. I finally bought a quality microscope to see what was coming out of there lesions, mostly on my face. I started a collection of slides and have gone well over 200 examples. 13 dermatologist later, from Florida to Arizona each one had an opinion without even looking...

Posted
  • Trimethoprim

Hi i have just been told i have a uti klebsiella or something and been given trimethoprim i am.terrified to take them i have severe anxiety about medication and dont think i am going to be able to take them

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter