Skip to content

Autonomic Dysfunction

Also known as Blackouts, Collapse, Dysautonomia, Fainting, Hypotension, Micturition Syncope, Orthostatic Hypotension, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), Syncope, Vasovagal Syncope

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Postural hypotension

Does anyone suffer from this? My dr says it's nothing to be done about, but I remember getting up one day and nearly passing out. That was 18 years ago. I still have this problem now.

Last reply
  • My husband fainted after peeing then I think he had seizure??

My husband has been fainting after peeing at night, he’s 40 years old and generally in good health.  It happened a few years ago when he had a bad toothache (I personally linked it as it seemed to stop happening after he had the tooth out although this could merely be a coincidence) and he had brains...

Last reply
  • Baroreflex Failure / Baroreceptor Failure

I am an 8 year head and neck cancer survivor, which needed extensive radiation. I now have labile hypotension, with either very high to very low blood pressure, unstable. All tests on heart etc, show that I these are normal, and it now appears that I have baroreflex failure - is a condition for long...

Last reply
  • Strange vibration sensations - what's causing it??

I've found several forums where there have been posts from people experiencing this disconcerting feeling of an internal quivering or vibration but none of them are current, so I wanted to see if anyone else out there is having the same experience and can share an insight into what might be causing...

Last reply
  • How much exercise is safe with PoTS Syndrome?

Im pretty active and have been most of my life (F, 17) but since being diagnosed with PoTS the doctor advised me to keepup exercise but to ease myself in and out of each session and not aim for competitive levels of fitness. I take a martial arts class once a week for an hour and the cardio isnt an issue...

Last reply
  • Is it normal to faint after getting up?

I just got up from my chair a minute ago, I wasnt tired or anything but when I got up I stretched my arms a bit and started to feel dizzy. I know this happens to everyone sometimes but this time I started to feel dizzier and dizzier and my vision started to blur. Suddenly everything went black and I...

Last reply
  • Increased fatigue due to pots?

I have been diagnosed with PoTS for over a year now and my symptoms still aren’t 100% under control due to slow appointments and difficulty finding a doctor in my area with enough knowledge of the condition. This past three weeks I have been experiencing a severe increase in fatigue, I could probably...

Last reply
  • Just diagnosed with POTS..lots of questions. Please respond!

Hi, After a long time of being accused of being a hypochondriac with severe anxiety, I have finally been officially diagnosed with POTS. While it is somewhat of a relief to have a diagnoses, I know I have a long road ahead of me trying to find the underlying cause of my condition. I was just wondering...

Last reply
  • Very short fainting spells

About a month or so ago, I experienced something very weird. I was in the car with my husband (thank god he was driving that day). We were talking and all of a sudden I hear his voice fading away. Then I felt tunnel vision and sort of a “drowsiness” feeling. Feeling confused and lightheaded by then,...

Posted
  • Autonomic dysfunction and constipation & blood pressure swings

Hi everyone.  I have autonomic dysfunction, confirmed through a QSART test at a hospital neurology department.  I have almost all of the symptoms and it seems to me that my symptoms change and new things appear.  I was officially diagnosed a couple years ago where I was dizzy even laying...

Last reply
  • Very high BP when standing with POTS. Please Help

hello I'm 36 y male living in Germany. I'm suffering from horrible symptoms for 6 months, I have got a POTS syndrome with heart rate jumps from 75 to 120 with standing and many other sever POTS symptoms "dizziness, fatigue, PACs, tingling feet, shaky feeling...etc".But what makes...

Last reply
  • Vasovagal and Medication.

Hi Everyone,  I have been experiencing vasovagal attacks the last few months and even with increase of salt (32oz of Pedialyte a day), a protein bar with 230-260mg of salt, and an increase water intake of around 48 - 64 oz a day (I used to drink upwards of 100 oz but my doctor said that was...

Last reply
  • Can anyone help me figure out if this is thyroid or pots?

I figure some of you have a lot more knowledge than me on this issue since I have only had these symptoms for about a month and a half. I am hoping that if I show my symptoms here that someone may he able to tell me a little more about whtmat is going on and perhaps what I should do. First off. Tsh...

Last reply
  • I am trying to figure out what type of pots I have, can you help?

I figure some of you have a lot more knowledge than me on this issue since I have only had these symptoms for about a month and a half. I am hoping that if I show my symptoms here that someone may he able to tell me a little more about whtmat is going on and perhaps what I should do. First off. Tsh...

Last reply
  • Pots/Anxiety

Hoping to find someone who knows whats happening to me. I am 21 year old male. My symptoms started 1 year ago with lightheadedness, headaches, pain in eyes, sensitivity to light, felt dizzy/vertigo feelings and heart palpertations started. I had a ct scan to back of head showed normal. since then my...

Last reply
  • I think i fainted after urinating

Hello: I'm a 38 year old single male, who lives alone. Last year i began to find something odd; that when i urinated, i would begin to feel very faint. At times I would have to stop in the middle of it quickly, and lower myself to the floor or sit on the toilet, in order to regain my composure....

Last reply
  • Looking for help

I have been sick for 6 months. I have seen many drs and had more tests then i can think of. I have bad episodes of symptomstic PVC's, dizziness even when sitting and experianced black outs, get the shakes, facial twitching, stomach issues, disoreintation, blurred vision and almost panic attack like...

Last reply
  • Sleep Apnea as a side effect of Autonomic Dysfunction.

Lung Function tests and an occasional blood oxygen level of up to 100% proves my lungs are mechanically sound. I am not overweight, do not smoke or drink, and sleep on my side, however, overnight blood oxygen measurements show I spend half the night at a dangerously low 85% When I am falling asleep I...

Posted
  • Severely high bp for 12yrs!!!

I have had high blood pressure since the birth of my first child 16yrs ago but it was controlled by a bp tablet for s good few years. However around 12yrsago it started to increase again and for 10yrs my gp tried me in all sorts of bp tablets and increasing the dosage.  The past 2yrs it has been...

Posted
  • Can Beta Blockers cause Autonomic Dysfunction?

I was perfectly fit and well until end of last December when they put me on a small dosage of the Beta Blocker Bisoprolol due to ectopic heart beats that developed into Ventricular Tachycardia. As soon as I started taking them, I described myself as being turned into an old man overnight who could no...

Last reply
  • Pots Or Anxiety Reaction?

Hi guys, on and off for the past 4 months I've been experiencing POTS like symptoms that I've never had before being diagnosed with anxiety last year. I know i have been dealing with anxiety after I lost my ex to cancer. I became so stressed and anxious about my health which eventually lead to...

Posted
  • being having pains for a while docs say I'm fine do I have pots?

I have being having issues ever since I got bells palsy 2 years ago my doctor pescribed steroids to cure it and sure enough 2 months later I felt better but about 4 or 5 months after I started getting chest pains. I have had chest pains and other pain radiating all over left side of my body, Heart palpitations...

Last reply
  • POTS and anxiety?

Hello, I've been diagnosed with Hyperadrenergic Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome in the last year, and have suffered significant anxiety and agoraphobia ever since my symptoms became much worse. I was wondering if anyone else gets this? I sometimes can't tell what is POTS and what...

Last reply
  • What Now

The neurologist I was using at Mayo Clinic thought I had Autonomic Nervous System Disfubction due to traumatic brain injury, (I have had several). I finally got a tilt table test from a different Cardiologist since VA doesn't work with Mayo Clinic any more. The test was normal but all my symptoms...

Last reply
  • Autonomic Unit Queens Sq London

Hi All I'm off to the Autonomic Unit in a few weeks for 3 days of testing, as a day patient .They are putting me in nearby hotel. Has anyone been for the same thing and can tell what to expect? Mandy

Last reply
  • Autonomic Storming.

Hi, Last year on the 14th June 2016 I fell down a public Staircase suffering a Subdural Haematoma and an Ischemic Bleed, Other injuries including hurting my neck, I remember a blow to my front temple and then an immediate blow to the back of the head. Since about two months after the accident I have...

Last reply
  • CRK CRK
  • Postpartum rapid heart rate when standing or moving...

I gave birth to my twins on the 4th of July what was meant to be the happiest time of my life turned so dark. The day after my cesarean I stood up to go and see my babies who were in NICU due to being prem. As I stood up my heart started racing and I felt extremely short of breath. A CTPA of my lungs...

Last reply
  • Pupils problem

I have a friend who took 6 pills of that drug called "ecstasy", the equivalent of 1100mg of MDMA. And since that day, his pupils dont dilate anymore. Thank you for helping me find what's wrong with my friend's pupils.

Posted
  • How low is too low

Been feeling really nauseated and bloated and thirsty. I've had every test imagiable done as I have been battling some random disease/ problem since Oct 2016. My blood pressure has been at 111,47 96, 54 and then 88,56. I'm just feeling anxiety and concerned about how low bp can go. Thanks

Posted
  • How long is the recovery for heat syncope?

I fainted at college cause my classroom was so extremely hot. I got sent home and diagnosed heat syncope. Which is overheat and low blood pressure. How long do I have to recover for? {I've also never fainted before and I'm 19.}

Posted
  • POTS stinks!!

I'm actually the mother of twin girls suffering from POTS syndrome caused by the Epstein Barr virus. They're currently on supplements because the regular md told me they do not give anything for Epstein Barr. We use a holistic doctor. Up until now people surrounding them have been very understanding...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter