Skip to content

Autonomic Dysfunction

Also known as Blackouts, Collapse, Dysautonomia, Fainting, Hypotension, Micturition Syncope, Orthostatic Hypotension, Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS), Syncope, Vasovagal Syncope

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Can someone give me advice on what to do? ?

I've been experiencing symptoms that sound very similar to pots. It's started to really effect my life and I only feel like it's getting worse My main symptoms mean I cannot be upright for very long in the day and I feel nauseous and very ill, dizzy, foggy and tired after eating even a …

Last reply
  • There are tools we can buy to find relief & sleep!

Chronic fatigue syndrome can be dealt with from various angles to help you take control of this disease and own some quality of life. Purchase 4 sheets of 3 inch memory foam the size bed you want from Amazon Prime, or softer 3 inch sheets from net to eliminate pressure points and help you to …

Posted
  • I've been caregiver for a mother plus son.

Dysautonomia takes control over our lives and is progressive & as a result temperature & a quiet space to rest vs trying to live a full life, (metaphorically with a life threatening ball plus chain attached to our ankle) to wreck our body at any given time. Pain will enter our lives at some …

Last reply
  • Problems after minor operation

Had anyone had problems after operations. I had carpul tunnel release surgery 5 weeks ago and an still in pain with it and it is still healing, my fist has now become swollen and doctor has now said that I might have nerve damaged or problems with dysautonomia over the operation. I have less …

Last reply
  • Head pressure/ Faint spells/ dizziness/ please help

I feel extremely hopeless and would appreciate any type of help I could get with my current situation. So I guess I should start by saying I’m a 22 year old Caucasian female and am fairly healthy aside from living with anxiety/panic attacks and GERD. This started 2 weeks ago on a Saturday when …

Last reply
  • My daughter will faint when exposed to sunlight.

My daughter faints every time she stresses herself too much in studying and even in too much exposure to sunlight. It will take her hours before she wakes up. I was thinking she has a bad heart condition or something so I have her checked by a physician one time. However, the doctor told us that …

Posted
  • Possible PoTs? Please help...

Hi all. I am coming to this discussion group hoping for some clarity. I am a 22 year old female who has had her life turned upside down for almost 2 years. I’ve spent every day since my first attack sobbing and begging for answers and for someone to believe me.  Here is my story. December …

Last reply
  • Diagnosed with POTS syndrome

Recently I’ve been diagnosed with POTS Syndrome. I recall having a few of what I call “spells” in my teen years (I am now in my 20’s). The spells almost seem like low blood glucose: faint feeling, foggy head, pouring cold sweat, dizzy, feeling faint. The low blood glucose, along with other things …

Posted
  • Anxiety, Stress, Phobias or some other condition?

Hello everyone, For the past couple of months I have been experiencing a number of episodes in certain sitiuations By episodes I mean feeling off balance feeling faint and dizzy but my vision never distorted or blacked out to actually faint  I have these episodes when I walk in a completely …

Last reply
  • Always feel like fainting during human biology lessons

I can't stand blood or anything inside the body for that matter. Even words like 'heart disease', 'cancer', 'blood transfusions' make me feel uncomfortable. Several times I've had to leave my biology lessons because I was literally about to faint or throw up, mostly …

Last reply
  • Baroreflex Failure / Baroreceptor Failure

I am an 8 year head and neck cancer survivor, which needed extensive radiation. I now have labile hypotension, with either very high to very low blood pressure, unstable. All tests on heart etc, show that I these are normal, and it now appears that I have baroreflex failure - is a condition for …

Last reply
  • Fainting spells?

The other day my grandmother mentioned she was kind of nauseous and light headed. Within minutes she sit down stating she thought she was going to faint. While sitting, she just kind of zoned out like she wasn’t all there and then her head dropped forward. Her eyes were wide open but there was …

Last reply
  • POTS??

So... I’ve recently been having “heart trouble” where when I stand up, I black out; I have episodes of fast heart rate while doing nothing (130-160), lots of fatigue, dizziness, and lightheadedness; as well as general tachycardia when not laying down. I went to a cardiologist who gave me a ecg ( …

Last reply
  • Postural hypotension

I've suffered occasionally with postural hypotension over the years, but since Friday, I've been having extremely frequent attacks, about 95% of the time I get up from sitting or stand up from bending down to do something. I'm waiting for an appointment with my dr, but I'm afraid …

Posted
  • Does your heart rate ever lower with POTS syndrome?

Hi guys. I’m awaiting for my POTS testing to come back and as far a my cardiologist thinks, he suggested that POTS is what I have. My heart rate is wonderful whenever I’m lying/sitting but I start standing or walking and HR shoots right up and doesn’t come back down. I’ve tried veripamil (ccb) and …

Last reply
  • Strange vibration sensations - what's causing it??

I've found several forums where there have been posts from people experiencing this disconcerting feeling of an internal quivering or vibration but none of them are current, so I wanted to see if anyone else out there is having the same experience and can share an insight into what might be …

Last reply
  • Blood pressure very low

Hi there,  I usually suffer from lightheadedness/dizziness when I stand up from lying or sitting and have done for quite some time. It usually corrects if I just steady myself for a few moments. However today I have woken up with extreme lightheadedness that does not seem to be related to …

Last reply
  • Dizzy when I stand up a lot!!

Hello everyone I just wanted to talk about dizziness. So when I stand up from my chair or sofa I get kind of dizzy and loss of vision and I think the correct term is orthopedic hypotension or something like that. But anyway I do suffer from anxiety and everytime I stand up I do think about before …

Last reply
  • BLOOD DISORDERS

It is amazing what work on some may no work on another because we are totally different from another person , different blood type different enzymes genes etc so some who say this no work on me or work on you is because we are made different, rheumatoid arthritis is common so the genes one day …

Posted
  • Can Beta Blockers cause Autonomic Dysfunction?

I was perfectly fit and well until end of last December when they put me on a small dosage of the Beta Blocker Bisoprolol due to ectopic heart beats that developed into Ventricular Tachycardia. As soon as I started taking them, I described myself as being turned into an old man overnight who could …

Last reply
  • Missed period, weird bowel movements and strange pain

Hello.. I hav missed my period by 3 weeks..I can't possibly be pregnant as have not been sexually active for about 8 months Also for the past few months my bowel movements have changed. They used to be very regular however now I sometimes go three times a day and sometimes not at all....it' …

Posted
  • Weird Feeling almost every day for 3 years

Hello everyone, I want to discuss my strange feelings which I've had for 3 years now. It is difficult to tell how its started but the feeling is following - I feel a weird vibration/sensation feeling around my chest area which progresses to the head, includes dizziness and lightheadedness, …

Last reply
  • pots

hi im 22 years old ive recently been tested for pots and going back soon to see the doctor to see how i am got very fast heart beat and feel dizzy and headaches and really light headed like im going to pass out and also ive started with anxiety can this be connected to pots? xx

Last reply
  • I feel like im about to faint right now

Hello. For the past 20 minutes i feel really faint while sitting down. I didnt get up fast or anything it just happened at random. And im feeling really short of breath. My hands are also clammy all of a sudden and im really terrified.

Last reply
  • Pots Or Anxiety Reaction?

Hi guys, on and off for the past 4 months I've been experiencing POTS like symptoms that I've never had before being diagnosed with anxiety last year. I know i have been dealing with anxiety after I lost my ex to cancer. I became so stressed and anxious about my health which eventually lead …

Last reply
  • Low blood pressure

Hello I have low blood pressure, possible POTS? I am 21 female. I am tired all the time and can't stand in line. I am doing ground exercises, lots of water and salt but my blood pressure I just low. My metabolism is really fast and I am slightly underweight for my height even though all I do is …

Last reply
  • Pots syndrome help please

Hopefully there are a few people that can help put my mind a ease. I’m finally being tested for POTS but after all my tests it’s going to take another 3 months for the results and an appointment with my consultant.  I’ve gone through the ‘there seems to be nothing wrong with you’ . ‘ you could …

Last reply
  • Desperate

Hello everyone, I'm really happy to have found this forum, reading other's stories, experiences and tips really helps. I would like to share my situation and I hope to receive some feedback. I'm a 21 year old male and have been suffering with POTS for four years. Getting the diagnosis …

Last reply
  • Syncope and first aid training

I've had syncope since I was in primary school, aged 5 or 6. Along with other situations, anything medical, no matter how small, brings on fainting spells. I was removed from biology class in year 9 because of it. I faint if I get leg cramp, if I read anything in the news or if someone talks …

Last reply
  • My husband fainted after peeing then I think he had seizure??

My husband has been fainting after peeing at night, he’s 40 years old and generally in good health.  It happened a few years ago when he had a bad toothache (I personally linked it as it seemed to stop happening after he had the tooth out although this could merely be a coincidence) and he had …

Last reply
  • What are the latest treatments for syncope?

I had a fairly sever syncopal episode ten years ago.  I had a complete cardiac work up. I went through a number of tilt tests. I was put on at least six different meds and given tilt tests to see if the meds were helping.  None of the meds helped, but many of them …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter