Skip to content

Dermatology

Also known as Bed Sores, Bowen's Disease, Chilblains, Ecthyma, Epidermoid Cysts, Erythema, Ganglion, Impetigo, Keloid Scar, Klippel-Trenaunay-Weber Syndrome, Leg Ulcers, Lipomas, Moles, Pemphigus and Pemphigoid, Pityriasis Lichenoides, Pityriasis Versicolor, Port-wine Stain, Pressure Sores, Prurigo Nodularis, Pyoderma Gangrenosum, Rashes, Sebaceous Cysts, Skin Conditions, Solar Keratosis, Stevens-Johnson Syndrome, Sweets Syndrome, Toxic Epidermal Necrolysis, Ulcer - Leg, Venous Leg Ulcers

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • How much efudix to use for Actinic Keratosis?

I've been using Efudix on a few small patches of Actinic Keratosis on my scalp. It says do a thin layer but also don't use too much. I'm getting a few prickles after 6 days use but I expected the skin to become a lot more sore. I'm only rubbing in a very small amount so it …

Posted
  • Facial burning sensations

Hi, About a month ago I had a really tight sensation at the side of my mouth on the left. It has now became a burning (occasionally freezing) sensation that moves about my face. I also get watery eyes like there is cold wind blowing in them. Again it is intermittent and can move from eye to eye. …

Posted
  • Very oily skin

I am getting very very oily skin. The other day I wipe my forehead with my hand and when I looked at my hand it was shiny with oil. What could be causing this ? 

Last reply
  • cluster of bumps on nose

I've been having this cluster of "pimples" on my nose for about two months now. At first I thought it was regular acne, but then I got worried that it might be something else since they didn't disappear. for such a long time and could not be sqeezed out like normal acne. I went to …

Last reply
  • Itchy Scalp

I had scalp surgery nearly a year ago for a basal skin cancer.  The surgery was successful but I am left with some slow to heal scabs and a very itchy scalp.  My scalp tends to be dry.  I need help with what to use.

Last reply
  • Skin irritation persisted

I have had, what I thought was, Prurigo Nodularis, for over 4 years. .. I moved house, to a new part of the country, met my doctor and came home with a new moisturiser for my skin. I have been through years of itching, scratching and bleeding; ... within two days, I am now free of itching. This is …

Last reply
  • pityriasis rosea wtf

Hi, i got diagnosed yesterday.... I have had two rashes for about 2 weeks but I thought they were only heat spots. I woke up yesterday with many more rashes smaller that dont quite resemble the original ones. I went to the dermatologist and he told me that it's this pr thing... Nothing pleasant …

Last reply
  • Rashes on the top of hand.What is the reason behind this?

I've had an itchy red rash on the top of my hands for quite a few days now. They are getting very bad now. My dermatologist asked me to stop using any chemical liquids and it was because of some allergic content in them. How can I find out what chemical is causing this? I recently cleaned my …

Posted
  • Dry skin on penis

Skin shiny and dry with white flakes sometimes on penis head I still have foreskin I wash it often maybe too often?  And don’t know if I use the wrong lubricant but it’s the first time I’m 18 years old I will try to attach a photo 

Posted
  • Red patch of skin on penis head

*     Age: 25 *     Sex: male *     Height: 180cm *     Weight: 85kg *     Race: caucasian *     Duration of complaint: at least a few months, maybe even more than that *  …

Last reply
  • Skin rash-what is it?

I have a history of psoriasis and sensitive skin but it is mostly gone due to Humira. I am often stressed and have lots of anxiety which can make conditions worse. The past 6 or 7 months I get rashes on my back neck chest and arms which will last several weeks and then go away but always come back. …

Posted
  • Very strange skin problem. White print for days! Help please

For some reason when pressure is applied to my arms a white mark is left (you know when the blood leaves) so for example if I fold my arms I have a hand print on my arm. I know what you’re thinking, so does everyone.  Here is the problem.. that white print can last nearly 3 days!!  It’s …

Posted
  • Stretchy skin/Red burning skin

This may sound absolutely insane. But, my skin (particularly on my neck I've noticed) has suddenly become really loose/stretchy?? And when I pinch it there are fine lines.  All I can find online is either ED syndrome (which as far as I know I don't have) and weight loss, when I've …

Last reply
  • Just had mole removed, waiting for biopsy results... I'm terrified!

I just had a small mole removed, the dermatologist looked at it, and said that it looked normal, though it was a little larger than an eraser and she said she saw a little black on it, nothing too alarming. She gave me the option of not having it removed, and just monitoring it, though, she also …

Last reply
  • Flat bright purple spot corner of nose

Hi guys! Wonder if someone can help me. I have had this flat spot on corner of nose for some time and wondered if someone knows what it is? It seems to decrease in colour when I press Down on it...then fills up again when pressed again. Thanks for your time. Lee

Last reply
  • Are these chillblains?

I'm geting all these sores over my fingers on both hands. They're not itchy and feel like blisters that are painful only when pressure is applied. Theres more coming up every day and I dont have them anywhere else on my body. I do get some eczema on my fingers too but only during warm …

Last reply
  • Lipomas .."I have lots of them"...some characterstics

it all started with one small "egg" on dorsal side of my right forearm when I was 16 i guess. Gradually, I started to increase in size...was bit scary...but eventually I realised..It stopped. I was happy for  a while till i discovered another on mirror copy on left forearm. I dont …

Last reply
  • some kind of skin allergy. Please help.

My father is 65 years old. He’s had some skin marks that look like ring worms for over a year now. I told him to go to the doctor but he doesn’t have insurance. He won’t go. He did say he went to a few doctors. Hey just give him creams that don’t work.  Please help me figure out what this is. …

Last reply
  • Old Keloids past 8 years

Sir, my mother is suffering with keloids past 8 years and also done 3 times surgery but keloids size growing. Kindly let me know the treatment 

Last reply
  • Petechiae??

About two months ago i hurt my back .. noticed i had tiny red spots on my upper arm::  prior to the injury i was pain managing my scoliosis with flexeril and they switched ibprof 800 to prescription strenght naproxen.. dr thought spots may be caused due to naproxen.. CBC done at time.. …

Last reply
  • Small lump under skin near throat

Hello all. I have a very small pea sized lump under the skin near my throat. It has been there from birth, no pain or growth observed. It feels hard to touch and it is a little movable with fingers. I have searched many sites, but failed to diagnose what this lump may be. Thanks in advance for your …

Last reply
  • High levels of prolactin and hair loss

Hi I’m  23 and my hair line is receding, I went to the dermatologist and she prescribed me clobetasol propionate topical solution and told me to get my blood work taken so I did and my results came back normal except my prolactin levels were high they came out to 32.2 my question is if I were …

Posted
  • Irritated skin very slowly clearing up

Hi, I had a bad reaction to something I applied on my forehead over 9 months and it caused very noticeable bright redness but no pain/itchiness and it just appeared to be redness on flat skin and I've never had any known skin issues except for dryness between fingers due to harsher handwashes/ …

Last reply
  • WHat does this look like ?? Please help

Okay so I have an appointment set up for Tuesday but would like some community insight, I understand you all aren’t doctors but I really want to widen the possibilities ... the first picture it was “open for around a month and now it closed off “2nd picture” and it’s been like that for about two …

Last reply
  • Itchy red bumps on legs spreading out into red rashy rings

So as the title says it started on my right shin as a couple little itchy red bumps. Couple days pass, the red around the bumps spread into each other, more bumps show up, do the same thing, until after about a week I have about a 3 1/2 inch ring, and the skin in the middle is discolored. Couple …

Last reply
  • Blue-ness in between fingers

Hi, For the last few weeks, i have often had some kind of blue stain between my middle and next to the right finger on my right hand. It is always in that exact same place, never in any other, where the two fingers meet. But, the strangest thing is that it can be rubbed off with a bit of water and …

Last reply
  • Such thing as extreme keratosis pilaris?

I have very bad kp on my arms and face. I pick on the ones on my arm a lot and it's all scars and I really messed my arm up. It's affecting me mentally too  It's not like regular kp when u Google search. But it's similar and worse (a lot of it) and when squized a white hard …

Last reply
  • pityriasis lichenoides chronica PLC sufferer for 21 years

Hi, have suffered with PLC for 21 years now! I have it covering my entire body apart from my face thankfully! Was diagnosed at 7 years old after a bout of chickenpox, had every diagnosis under the sun until I was admitted to hospital at age 18! Had been told for years that I had psoriasis but after …

Last reply
  • PLC - diagnosed 6 months ago and getting married in August!!

Hey all, I really do hope that one of you is able to help! I was diagnosed around 6 months ago with pityriasis rosea, which then progresed and my derm said that I presented more like I had PLEVA. The lesions continued to change and they say I now have PLC. This was confirmed after a biopsy. I …

Last reply
  • Need help please

There is a hard bump on my face that i had gotten when i was pregnant and it has grown over the year. Not to big . but it has a black spot in middle. That keeps coming back after i pop it. I have tried getting everything out but can't. Still have small area that still is hard under skin. But …

Last reply
  • Weird skin outgrowths on pubic area

Hello. Since at least a year I noticed some weird skin outgrowths on my pubis. I am unable to tell wether they are skin tags or skin warts. I don't think they ever really moved or grew since I noticed them. They are about one or two millimeter wide and tall. Skin warts seems unlikely since I am …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter