Skip to content

Deep Vein Thrombosis

Also known as Thromboembolism, Venous Thromboembolism

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Worried about possible DVT

Hi everyone, I am 22 years old. No history of blood clots in family or in myself. About a week ago my right leg started feeling strange. It felt kind of like a shooting nerve kind of feeling down my leg. That isn’t abnormal for me because I have health anxiety and sometimes I just get these weird...

Last reply
  • Suspected DVT

My GP thinks I have a DVT. I have all the symptoms. He did a D-Dimer blood test came back negative but I have read that if there isn’t a piece of the clot broken off at the point of the blood being taken it might not show positive. This has been going on for a while first thought was cellulitis but after...

Last reply
  • Worry about clot in the leg

Hi all, i am 36, female with sendetary lifestyle due to work. The last 3 weeks i have pain in my calf sometimes moves slightly.  The pain feels as if im about to have a cramp. There is no swelling or redness. I also feel nerve pain in my foot when i walk - i've beeb feeling this for a while...

Last reply
  • DVT and light smoking

I was diagnosed with a DVT yesterday. I was taking the birth control pill and I smoke 3-4 cigarettes a day. I was prescribed Xarelto twice a day. I stopped the pill promptly. Is it still ok to smoke lightly or will this make my chances of DVT or PE stay high? I have a bad history of varicose veins for...

Last reply
  • DVT Charley Horse

I had a calf DVT almost a year ago. Was on xarelto for 3 months then advised to discontinue by hematologist. Did not feel there was a high risk. Last night I had terrible Charley horse in same calf while sleeping. Woke me up and still sore today. No other symptoms. Could just have been a bad cramp that...

Posted
  • Advice please

Hi. A few days ago I started with pain in my buttock shooting down my leg. My doctor diagnosed sciatica but Monday night the pain in my calf was so bad I had to call an ambulance. Went for a scan and they found a small blood clot in my leg which has been causing the pain. I been put on blood thinners....

Last reply
  • Compression stocking recommendations

My husband has been given grade 2 Activa thigh length stockings after a second DVT but they are constantly falling down. I’ve bought a medical suspender belt for him but it’s not ideal.   Can any gents recommend a brand of stocking that is comfortable and doesn’t slide down please?

Last reply
  • Post DVT/PE

Hello, im 24 years old and just over 2 months ago now I was admitted with DVT and PE. My treatment has been purely injections and oral tablet and luckily NO surgical intervention. I am currently on Warfarin and have been for the last 2 months. I have no post dvt/pe side effects other than anxiety which...

Last reply
  • DVT WORRY

In october 2017 I had a lump of blood vessels removed from my knee In April 2018 I travelled to las vegas - 10hr flight Its been a month since i flew, but For the past few days my leg has felt really strange (same leg had knee op done) - the only way i can describe it.  Its not massively painful,...

Last reply
  • My legs where itchy , and so swollen at times the skin o...

My legs where itchy , and so swollen at times the skin on my shins was red ,shiny and I felt my legs would burst, so uncomfortable. A visit to the surgery resulted in being told my B P was up. I do also suffer from water retention, hence the swelling. The nurse had a talk with my Dr. (I didn't...

Last reply
  • Blood Clots High D-Dimer and Chest CT High Anxiety Please Help

Ok, so down a week on the celexa and nothing has seemingly changed..not feeling any better but not really surprising...What is surprsing, blood clots....It has been my main concern for about 4 days now and i can't seem to get over it like most stuff..I went to the er after a dull chest pain in my...

Last reply
  • DVT - how much longer??

I don't do ill. Don't get flu etc. But the last 3+ weeks have consisted of back pain/leg pain, severe anxiety attack and when I thought I was better and good to go my legged swelled massively. Went to docs who referred me to hospital as he believed I had DVT and gave me an injection in my stomach....

Last reply
  • applying for health/travel insurance with a DVT

Hi guys,  I'm 23 years old and had a DVT back in 2016, still currently taking warfrine! I have recently been offered a job in Florida having taken the 12 month contract and sent of all visa applications for a J-1 Visa...  the next problem I am facing in insurance to cover myself if anything...

Last reply
  • Blood clots?

My ankle has been hurting for about 10 days. The veins around my ankle bone and the base of my foot look black and it is swollen and so painful. I went to the ER on Saturday and he said it was a blood clot but not to be too worried and sent me home, no blood work, no hands on exam. I went to the doctor...

Last reply
  • Lump in my upper left thigh

I went to the ER this morning due to a rashy lump on my leg since I had some symptoms of DVT, like tenderness, cramping, & pain that extended down to my foot. They asked about blot clot history, which I have none, then did a physical examination as well as an ultrasound and the doctor just said that...

Last reply
  • Help please

Let me tell you all my story. So last week Monday Feb 26-Wednesday Feb 28 I was out of town for school. Only an hour drive from home. On my trip for school we ate seafood both nights and raw oysters Tuesday night. Woke up a Wednesday and both my ankles and the top of my feet were swollen. Didnt think...

Last reply
  • Advice please :)

Hi I had unexpected Gallbladder removal surgery on 27.12.2017, about 3 weeks later I started to get a band like tightness in my left lower leg. There is no pain just a weird feeling like something is tight on my leg. I went to my GP and she referred me for a ultrasound for DVT, which came back negative....

Last reply
  • post thrombotic syndrome work/pip mobility uk

Hi im 30 male uk and was diagnosed with DVT in my left leg in 2010, about 3/6 months later had multi pulmonary emboli in lungs and soon after pneumonia. Then in 2011  i was diagnosed with reoccurring clot.  Since that day my leg swells 4 to 5 inches bigger then my other leg after i stand or...

Last reply
  • Veins in leg

The veins in one of my legs behind the knee are visible and blue. You can see them easily and in my other leg behind the knee you can not see the veins at all. Behind the knee where you can see the veins there is a tiny bit of pain sometimes. I’m scared this may be DVT or something because it’s only...

Last reply
  • DVT without a lot of pain and swelling

Anyone here had a DVT in a leg vein without the classic symptoms like swelling, redness and a lot of pain?  From what I've been reading online you can have DVT with minor symptoms.  Went to my doctor and he says you have to have a lot of pain and swelling.  I told him he was wrong...

Last reply
  • Maintenance of PTS after DVT

Hello DVT'ers ​This is my first question/venture onto this forum - I'd be most grateful if you could comment or maybe refer me to an existing topic chain that already covers this. Thanks. DVT diagnosed May 2017; subcutaneous Heparin for a while and now trying to keep INR to about 2.5 using warfarin...

Last reply
  • Leaflet said not to just stop Edoxoban, Cardiologist said you can

Hi, following a DVT December 2016 have been on thinners, clot took a long time to disperse and therefore was told to keep taking for 6 months, also had concerns over whether I have AF as I sometimes have these weird heart beats so was told to stay on the thinners as a precaution.  Saw cardiologist...

Last reply
  • Bruise extreme pain and swelling worse over many hours

Should I be worried? Don’t want to extend details other then a picture as it hurts to even hold arm up to type. bruising began over 7 hours ago due to a puncture wound, photo taken just a few minutes ago. Clot? Should I go to the dr. I feel fine other than the terrible pain. This happened in the past...

Last reply
  • Dvt

I was diagnosed with acute dvt in left calf 4 weeks ago. Been kn rivaroxaban have 7 tables left after 6 weeks but still getting cramping sensation in my calves. I had a ct scan 4 weeks ago they said as a precaution but still not been worked. Constantly worried i am going to die. Othereise i feel ok apart...

Last reply
  • Looking for advice

For the past few months I have been experiencing a wide variety of awful symptoms and I’m really looking for advice and guidance. I am only a 24 year old girl and am very scared. It starting out with left chest pain and pain in my arm and shoulder along with shortness of breath and feeling like I get...

Last reply
  • Stopping blood thinners

I've been on xarelto for about 3 months and my doc wants me to stop as his recommended treatment was 3 months. I'm really nervous and scared to stop bc I'm scared I will have another clot. Anyone else ever go through this anxiety? 

Last reply
  • Wearing compression calf sleeve

Hi. I’ve got a a dvt in both legs. I found wearing a compression calf sleeve helps with the aching and tightness. But my dr says not to wear them because I’ve already got th dvt. But I find not wearing them makes my symptoms worse. Looked on line and some people wear them some don’t. Help

Last reply
  • Thrombolysis procedure as a treatment for DVT after 8 weeks?

Hello everybody, I got DVT in my arm   6 weeks ago when it was discovered I had a chance to do the troblolysis procedure in hospital but I pulled it down due to bleeding risks and because the procedure recommended in first 2 weeks (I came after 4 weeks). After that I saw another private vascular...

Last reply
  • Spots

Had a DVT a month ago. (Occurred after my PE which is a bit of a mystery because I was already on blood thinners, but these things happen I guess.) Started with cramp pain in my right calf. Bugger it hurt! Continuing on Pradaxa (dibigatran) blood thinners no problems. The leg is no longer in pain,...

Last reply
  • DVT and Pain

About 5 days ago my right leg became really swollen. 4 days ago it became painful to walk. I went to the doctor who immediately sent me to the emergency room and told me I had a blood clot from calf to groin. It's only been a few days, and I am on blood thinner, but the amount of pain I feel when...

Last reply
  • Xarelto leg cramps

For those of you on Xarelto have you noticed cramping in your legs unrelated to DVT? I have cramping that comes and goes in both legs. My DVT was only in my left leg but my right leg is cramping as well. I had an ultrasound done of the right leg and it was clear. No one seems to be able to tell me why...

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter