Skip to content

Vertigo and Dizziness

Also known as Benign Postural Vertigo, Buccastem, Cyclizine, Dizziness, Labyrinthitis, Motion Sickness, Prochlorperazine, Stemetil, Vestibular Neuritis

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

• emmy30 emmy30
  • mikey24 mikey24

Lightheaded for days

So I been lightheaded since last Tuesday. I went to urgent care Wedsnday he checked me and did blood work but couldn’t pin point what was causing it. Ive been taking Suboxone for the past month amd quit it 8 days ago and took some morphine 3days after I stopped. Which the day aftr I stopped taking …

• Akn Akn

Evening dizziness

I have been suffering from evening dizziness since August 2017.taking dizzron it čame normal.I have ibsd. Doctor said it is due to weakness. But I am not satisfied. If anyone comments on this I will be glad. Thanks.

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Pinned

Useful Resources

Below is a list of useful resources concerning vertigo, dizziness and vestibular disorders. Some of the Patient articles are also linked on every discussion page under Related information in the right sidebar. Patient leaflets: https://patient.info/health/dizziness https://patient.info/health/ …

Last reply
  • C-reactive protein and platelets high. Dizziness

I have many of the same symptoms that all of you have mentioned.  Dizziness, visual disturbances, headaches (not always though) neck pain.  But my question is has anyone has associated high levels of C-reactive protein or high platlet counts in your blood work? I have seen ENT, GP, …

Last reply
  • Constant off balance feeling and dizziness for 6 months

Hi I've been suffering with a off balance feeling for 6 months now its constantly there but gradually gets worse as the day goes on ...I've been doctors been checked for vertigo and ears checked all came back normal waiting on a mri scan as have tinnitus in one ear I get the occasional head …

Last reply
  • Lightheaded for 6 months

Hi please help me. I’m a 21 year old female and I’ve been having this pressure in my head and foggy brain for 6 months. It all started when I got back from Europe (I should note that I did go on a cruise to Mexico a few weeks before and some say this could all be MDDS... but I didn’t even get sea …

Last reply
  • Anxiety, worrying constant rocking swaying

Hi all, I’ve been suffering anxiety since 2013, it has gotten better but now my new symptoms are this constant rocking back and forth, hear jerks, feels my eyes will give out and when I walk I tend to lean on the right side of my body. Feeling disoriented, depressed, confused. I eat healthy and …

Last reply
  • recurrent vertigo attacks

I am a 66 year old woman with a history of vertigo attacks approx 20 years ago which resolved. Last summer the attacks began again . I saw an ENT who diagnosed me with BPPV and performed the Epley  maneuver twice on separate occasions. He referred me to a vestibular PT and I went several times …

Last reply
  • Vertigo / vestibular migraine DVLA driving

Ok, so I suffer with vestibular migraines. I have recently had to cone off all medication due to a long history of side effects. Since coming off I actually feel much better. In January I would like to start learning to drive again...I stopped before when my condition started. If I was already …

Posted
  • Lightheaded for days

So I been lightheaded since last Tuesday. I went to urgent care Wedsnday he checked me and did blood work but couldn’t pin point what was causing it. Ive been taking Suboxone for the past month amd quit it 8 days ago and took some morphine 3days after I stopped. Which the day aftr I stopped taking …

Posted
  • Neck Lump - somebody please reply?!!

In June last year I suddenly came down with a pretty severe case of dizzyness/loss of equilibrium. At its woes it lasted about a month, I steadily improved over time but couldn't work for 9 months. I'm back to work but still don't feel 'right' At the time I was diagnosed with …

Last reply
  • Residual Symptoms after Vertigo, losing hope...

Hey everyone, so I posted here before about the vertigo I experienced, but I'm still left with some symptoms. Last year I had vertigo around spring time after I woke up for a few seconds. I vomited and had diarrhea afterwards, but felt fine the next day. This time, I had vertigo in the …

Last reply
  • rocking/swaying dizziness for over 2 months

Hey guys, so this is my story: My name is Brittany. I'm 28 years old and since the beginning of November I have been experiencing this chronic disabling rocking/swaying dizziness (over 2 months). I had gone on vacation with my friends and sister at the end of October to New York. I had also …

Last reply
  • Lightheaded for months!!

Hello everyone, Just curious if anyone can relate but I’ve been lightheaded/dizzy  since August which makes it 5 months now! My dad had passed away so the doctors believed it was stress and dehydration. I will admit I never been one to drink enough fluids but something is wrong. All my blood …

Last reply
  • Labyrnthitis and being unwell.

Hi I've posted before here but not for a while. Had Labs for 6 months. Had ENT appt which was useless and was told if I can cope with the anxiety I would recover quicker. Had CT Scan which was clear and countless trips to the doctors. Not one doctor has recommended VRT exercises but I have got …

Last reply
  • Strange Cross-eyed Feeling causing Loss of Balance

For about the past 2 years I have suffered from a sudden feeling of visual imbalance or cross-eyed sensation (although not actually cross-eyed)! This in turn causes a type of vertigo involving loss of balance accompanied by nausea. This lasts for approx 10-15 minutes before my vision returns to …

Last reply
  • 1st ent appointment today

Managed to get a cancellation today instead of next week so I'm going for my 1st appointment with the ent today. I'll let ppl know how it goes and what happens for anyone waiting for a 1st appointment to give some info. Not feeling too hopeful but we'll see how it goes.

Last reply
  • Viral labyrinthitis - to rest or not/meds or not

HI everyone, ​I was diagnosed with viral labyrinthitis about a week ago. I had been suffering episodes of dizziness/feeling off balance, nausea, headaches and ear pain. I then had some blurred vision and thought it was time to see a GP. She diagnosed me and prescribed me with prochlorperazine& …

Last reply
  • Vertigo when driving

Hey everyone, I am 47 years of age and i have been experiencing vertigo set off mostly by driving for the past 3-4 years. In the beggining i was so scared and didnt know wbat it could be i went to the doctor and made me a check up and they said i was fine. Alnost everytime i drive it sets off …

Last reply
  • Vestibular Neuritis- any recovery stories?

Hi, new poster here. Have been suffering with VN for 10 weeks. I was initially diagnosed with a gastro virus due to my main symptoms being dizziness, nausea and diarrhoea but after seeking private ENT consultant I was diagnosed with Vestibular neuronitis. I secretly suspected it was this but think …

Last reply
  • Labrynthitis.. will I get better?

Hi all!   New to forums here! I really need some words of encouragement/advice on this condition.  So, I have been diagnosed with labrynthitits   It all started about 4 weeks ago. I thought I might have caught a slight cold from my roommate, although I didn't really feel that …

Last reply
  • Blocked ear due to anxiety

I wrote on hear a few weeks back. I explained that I was suffering from a blocked ear, I was using steroid nose spray all the time to unblock it and I was suffering from dizziness, reduced vision sometimes in one eye, foggy mind and anxiety. It turns out the ear problem was a symptom of anxiety. I …

Last reply
  • Akn Akn

Evening dizziness

I have been suffering from evening dizziness since August 2017.taking dizzron it čame normal.I have ibsd. Doctor said it is due to weakness. But I am not satisfied. If anyone comments on this I will be glad. Thanks.

Posted
  • ENT or Audiologist

I was hoping to see someone about ear pressure, tinnitus and dizziness/balance issues. What would be the difference between an audiologist or ENT. What would they do if I went to an appointment with one.

Last reply
  • Dizzy, Anxious AF & OVER IT! New here! My symptoms. Advice?!

Sorry for the lengthy post, if you dont read it all please skip to the very bottom for my real question! Looking for advice on this particular thing. Its been a little over a year now for me. At first I started off with random little dizzy spells here and there which would be gone in 30 seconds. …

Last reply
  • what kind of vertigo do I have?

My doctors, shrinks, therapists etc all have slightly different opinions on what is making me feel this way. These range from a vestibular disorder caused by a migraine, to BPPV, to just plain ol' anxiety. October last year I had what was supposedly a migraine (my first known migraine) which …

Last reply
  • Dizziness and vomiting for 3 weeks

Hi everyone, I’m 46 yo, female, suffering from dizziness and vomiting, blurred vision, loosing balance. GP said, vertigo, ENT seen and thinks labyrinthitis. Waiting for MRI brain and neck. Just started betaserk but not helping yet. I miss my life before. I’m completely down, can’t do anything. …

Last reply
  • Dizziness

I have been getting dizzy anytime I turn fast, lie down, especially with my eyes closed, bend over, flip my hair around............Why am I dizzy?  is this part of menopause?  I am in good health, no migraines, glasses etc.  

Last reply
  • Vestibular migraine: feeling all alone in this journey

I'm a 32 year old female who's been suffering with vertigo for the past 8 weeks. I've always been healthy but everything just changed early last month. During a short business trip in early Dec 2014, I first experienced symptoms of dizziness. I was …

Last reply
  • Stugeron? Worth a try or waste of time?

Has anyone had success with these tablets? I'm currently taking prescribed ones from the doctor which are having no effect so far. Waiting for 1st app with ent at the end of the month to hopefully start getting some answers. Can u take these along side other ones? Symptoms among others.... …

Last reply
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter