Skip to content

Eye Problems

Also known as Amblyopia, ARMD - Age-related Macular Degeneration, Astigmatism, Blepharospasm, Conjunctivitis, Corneal Problems, Dry Eyes, Ectropion of Eye, Macular Degeneration, Optic Neuritis, Pseudoexfoliation, Red Eye, Retinal Problems, Squint, Stye, Vision Problems, Watering Eyes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • Jumping Vision

I have been experiencing jumping/double vision in my right eye for a about 2 years now. I'm 25 years old. Its my vision that's the problem, my eye doesn't twitch. Background Story:  I was diagnosed with a squint when i was 5 and got glasses to correct that. It helped a lot and my …

Posted
  • Seeing ghost images (double vision) in both eyes

I have been seeing ghost images in both eyes since around the end of august 2017. The best way to describe it is seeing faint extra images coming from the top and bottom of whatever i am looking at, which is something lighter than its surroundings( like a street light at night or subtitles in movie) …

Last reply
  • Eye pain/strain only when looking at screens?

I'm 19 and have been very active on computers and other screens for many years and never had any problems. I have glasses for 10 years with no problems. I got my prescription updated over a year ago and had no problems, as usual, until about 5 months ago. One night while on the computer I …

Last reply
  • Eyes started randomly burning ??

Hello everybody! I went on a vacation to hawaii last week and this was when the eye burning started. during this trip i forgot  to bring my glasses as my eyes have strabismus. Once we went into a store in Hawaii, this was the first time my eyes started burning and it felt like something was …

Last reply
  • Eye irritation caused my allergies or medication side effect?

My eyes have been getting super bad lately. They get severely dry, but sometimes so irritated it looks like I’m crying. Recently found out I have seasonal allergies and I’m allergic to dust mites but I’ve been taking zyrtc to help at night. I’m wondering if eye irritation is a side effect of …

Last reply
  • White flickering light after laser for retinal tear

I posted on here a few weeks ago about a black/gray spot I kept seeing after the retinal tear laser surgery. I saw on the doctor's notes it was the photocoagulation. I also saw that I have lattice degeneration which I'm assuming contributed to the tear. I am not seeing the black spot so …

Last reply
  • Keep seeing double vision

Hi, Does anyone know what keeps causing double vision? When I read on the PC or read text on the TV I keep seeing ghosting or like a shadow all the time. I am short sighted so I don't know if that's anything to do with it. I've seen two doctors and a paramedic and they both said I …

Last reply
  • My floaters are driving me insane!

So I’m a Type 1 Diabetic and obviously go for my yearly exam to make sure my eyes are healthy. I was just there exactly 4 weeks ago and my opthemologist said she didn’t see any changes in my eyes. She asked if I ever saw floaters, bugs, lights, etc. and I said no just because I’ve always seen …

Last reply
  • Possible retinitis pigmentosa?

Good morning,  I am 25 years old and had an eye test the other day. The opticians said that my prescription hasn't changed (quite a weak prescription) since my last eye test 2 years ago, from her checking with the light in the eye and a photo of my retinas she said they are completely …

Last reply
  • Glare vision problems - Visited multiple doctors.

I've had bad issues with glare for past 9 months. It was really really bad in beginning because I tried ignoring it and it even appeared 3D. First Opthamologist said I had dry eye and said I need to start taking restasis. It took a long time to get my insurance to cover it. First day, I took …

Last reply
  • Sudden strange eye symptoms including flashes and floaters. Help!

Hi, I’m 14 and I’ve been moderately shortsited (-4.5 in the left and -4.75 in the right) for about 5/6 years now. About 3/4 weeks ago we had a thunderstorm with a lot of lighting. I walked into my kitchen which was well lit (this was in the daylight) and saw a sudden white flash in the whole of my …

Last reply
  • I HATE EYE FLOATERS SO MUCH PANIC! :(((

I know Ive posted about this a million times I guess this is just an update. I went to the optamolagist and they dialated my eyes, checked my floaters. said there's no tears anywhere at all and I have dry eye. OK, so I look in the mirror and feel like one of my pupils is still bigger than the …

Last reply
  • Itching eye after small incident

A year ago small drop of oil flew from the pan while cooking right into my eye, ever since there’s been slight itching and burning sensation especially in dry weathers or when the A/C is on, some redness on one side is visible when there’s itching. I saw a doc at that time who gave me some eye …

Last reply
  • 6th nerve palsy from an accident at work.

I was helping to install a motor, I was standing watching a fellow co worker when a screwdriver he was using struck me in the face along my upper lip.  Split my lip open and caused a concussion.  Then I was diagnosed with 6th nerve palsy from double and blurred vision. It’s going on 7 …

Posted
  • Dark area in vision- NOT FLOATERS

Hello. I recently went through a relatively traumatic experience in August. I lost a pet that was very special to me and I lost her in a very bad way. After about a week of severe grief and even more crying, I woke up, went to work and noticed that there was this random dark spot in my peripheral …

Last reply
  • Blurry vision when i wake up, but improves throughout the day

Hi,over the past few weeks, I have noticed that my vision has not been as good as it was when I was younger (20/20). When I wake in the morning, the vision in both my eyes is blurred..or cloudy . It is worse in my right than my left. It gets better throughout the day. My right eye is also very …

Last reply
  • Problems with varifocals

I am diabetic type 1 and recent tests suggest my eyes are "healthy". This is via optician and also the NHS annual check with the drops (although the nhs test is probably 9 months old). However I have been having trouble with my varifocals such that I end up with headaches that need …

Last reply
  • Vision problems since January

Hello, To provide a full backstory would take a novel... so I will give short story In January I started having random panic attacks, this wasn’t caused or triggered by anything they just hit me one day while in a movie theatre. It took months of testing to actually prove I had a panic disorder …

Last reply
  • Eye problems can hear them move.

Hi guys I have had problems with eyes for a while, like weird symptoms when I move them I can actually hear them move and they ache a bit, I'm guessing the muscle behind my eyes? I've had insomnia for a while but this started before the insomnia so it's probably not lack of sleep …

Last reply
  • Does anyone have a possible answer for this? Getting worried!

Hi. I’m 15 and shortsited (-4.75 in both eyes). About 2 months ago now I had a sudden onset of really odd vision problems that are adding up, however, this particular question is about a specific one. After I started experiencing starbursts, haloes, flashes and floaters, I began to notice swirling …

Last reply
  • Eye Redness

I am 22. The white part of my eye is red since last few days. Most of my work is to be done by laptop and phones. My cholesterol is a bit high. What can be the probable reasons for this. https://goo.gl/images/DQAjvC Something similar to the above attached image. Please suggest me what to do?

Last reply
  • Scared because of sudden blurred vision

I’m a 22 year old healthy male and I’ve been anxious over eye issues for a while. Some background info.. I work 9-5 on computers.. come home from 6-10 still on a computer and use my phone for an hour right before I sleep. I know this is the major reason for most of the issues I have. I went to an …

Last reply
  • I have blurry vison and frequent headaches, what should I do?

I have been having blurry vison and frequent headaches for a while now, my research is pointing towards computer vison syndrome, I can't quit my job just because of this though, I also animate as a hobby project. What should I do? I could quit animating, but a large portion of my day will be on …

Last reply
  • Bump under upper eyelid

I can feel a bump under my upper eyelid. It has been there for many months now. It doesn't cause me any pain or irritation so I did not think much aboht it. It feel like it's under the skin of my eyelid so it's skin-coloured. Also, it becomes more visible when I pull my eyelid to the …

Last reply
  • Eye Advice

I had an eye test a few weeks ago. There was a very slight change in my vision so I had new reading glasses but there were no other problems.  I have noticed today that if I close my right eye then colours are really bright in my left eye but when I close my left eye the colours are exactly …

Posted
  • Neurology

I had a seizure 5 years ago and havent had any since. I'm on lamictal 100mg per day. I heard its not good to stay on them all the time but never asked why. So thats my query. Why?

Last reply
  • Dry eye

I was told to use hot compress for eyes for ten days. Now I'm wondering if it would be ok to keep doing it after that time.I find it relaxing..and can I use the eyedrops even when eye feels ok....

Last reply
  • Advice please.

Hi all,  So wanted some advice as to weather this is normal... so I was getting my nails done and I got gel and dried in a gel dryer with the blue uv light I believe, anyway I looked at my hand in the dryer and my vision was blurry and flashes and floaters! But I looked away and it was fine? …

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter