Skip to content

Eye Problems

Also known as Amblyopia, ARMD - Age-related Macular Degeneration, Astigmatism, Blepharospasm, Conjunctivitis, Corneal Problems, Dry Eyes, Ectropion of Eye, Macular Degeneration, Optic Neuritis, Pseudoexfoliation, Red Eye, Retinal Problems, Squint, Stye, Vision Problems, Watering Eyes

Can you help? Discussions needing a reply

All discussions in this group

Next
  • has anyone on here got aphakia?(no natural lense)

Is there anyone on here with aphakia or any eye docs on here with knowledge,i lost my natural lense due to trauma when i had a corneal transplant due to keratoconus,8 months ago i had a regraft which is going fine,but my vision is very blurry in w dim room i can only see hand movements but my opthamologist...

Last reply
  • I recently had an eye problem, help!

Well on both of my eyes in similar locations on the inner side of the white of the eye I had grown 2 small darkish dots and I’m concerned, can anyone tell me just from that description what it might be?

Last reply
  • Cancer of the eye

i hav had uveitis for twelve years, in both eyes, front and back. For he last 4 yeas it has been very well controlled with steroids and I hav had regular 6 monthly checks. However, when I went today I was told I could have cancer of the eye. I definitely have a melanoma but until I have more tests I...

Last reply
  • What is this dark spot?

Does anyone know if this black spot (marked by a blue circle) is a cause for concern? I am also concerned about the red vein leading to the black spot, which appeared for about 6 months. I initially thought it was just normal until I saw the dark spot.

Posted
  • Tiny spot after retina tear treatment

I just took a retina tear laser treatment yesterday. However, today I can see tiny spot in my vision. Before the treatment, I will not spot. Is it normal to see spots after retina tear treatment?

Last reply
  • I HATE EYE FLOATERS SO MUCH PANIC! :(((

I know Ive posted about this a million times I guess this is just an update. I went to the optamolagist and they dialated my eyes, checked my floaters. said there's no tears anywhere at all and I have dry eye. OK, so I look in the mirror and feel like one of my pupils is still bigger than the other....

Last reply
  • FLOATERS

Hi last few days ive developed stringy cobweb like floaters in my left eye,everytime i move the eye there in my vision...i visited the eye clinic and saw an opthamologist who check3ded my eye and retina and said it was nothing to worry about,she couldnt speak the best english so was hard understanding...

Last reply
  • Prescription glasses explained

Hi there what does my prescription mean for my glasses? I know I’m short sighted but what does all the rest mean?  Right eye Sph | -0.75 Cyl | -0.25 Axis | 175.0 Left eye  Sph | -0.75

Last reply
  • Eye issues persisting for several months

Hello everyone I've encountered some very unusual visual disturbances recently. Before I delve into my symptoms here's a bit on me. Up until recently my vision has been fine I've always kept up with doctors visits and physicals everything's always checked out I'm young and soon to...

Last reply
  • Frustrated with Eye Issue

I have a crazy situation with my right eye.  This doesn't happen all the time but enough that I feel self conscious about it.  ONLY when I wear my glasses (progressive lenses) does my right eye roll inwards.  Again, this doesn't happen all the time and really only at a closer distance,...

Posted
  • My left eye is irritated when I wear my contacts...

Hello, So I have been wearing Air Optix contacts for at least 7 years and last year I noticed my left eye was kind having issues like it was a little itchy or dry (it almost felt like a hair was in my eye). It slowly got worse to the point where after a couple of months starting to feel that I couldn’t...

Last reply
  • Weird circles and dots in vison

Hey,  recently I have been really really worried about a bunch of visul symtoms I have been having.  The main one started in may and I began seeing like a flashing arc in my vison as I moved my eyes from right to left.  The arc was only in my right eye and it was near the inner corner...

Last reply
  • Sudden strange eye symptoms including flashes and floaters. Help!

Hi, I’m 14 and I’ve been moderately shortsited (-4.5 in the left and -4.75 in the right) for about 5/6 years now. About 3/4 weeks ago we had a thunderstorm with a lot of lighting. I walked into my kitchen which was well lit (this was in the daylight) and saw a sudden white flash in the whole of my vision,...

Last reply
  • Eye pain/strain only when looking at screens?

I'm 19 and have been very active on computers and other screens for many years and never had any problems. I have glasses for 10 years with no problems. I got my prescription updated over a year ago and had no problems, as usual, until about 5 months ago. One night while on the computer I started...

Last reply
  • Visible eye floaters after looking at the sun for 3-4 seconds

Hello, 2 days I was squinting while looking at the sun for 3-4 seconds and when I looked away at my computer screen my vision was a bit blurry and damaged I think. There's nothing blocking my view now except for 2-3 small shadowy eye floaters that follow everywhere I look under certain circumstances,...

Last reply
  • Had a bad cold, now have itchy/sore swollen eye with rash

I had a bad cold last week, and my right eye got quite itchy. I have now developed some sort of rash on the top of my eye lid and on my nose next to my eye. All the glands on the right side of my face are swollen and the side of my face is quite sore. I'm not sure whether this is a skin problem...

Last reply
  • adult strabismus, squint, crossed eye, lazy eye

hi, i have isotropia for a couple of months now. My right eye turns inward but I'm not experiencing double vision or diplopia unlike other cases. I figured out that my left eye which is the healthy one is suppressing my right eye so its like I'm only seeing images  from my left eye. I looked...

Last reply
  • I was woken up last night by a sharp pain in my eye, again.

I was woken up in the middle of last night by a sharp pain in my right eye. It felt like someone stabbed the inside of my eye with a needle. It was very painful. It happened few more times afterward throughout my sleep though in lesser intensity, but they still hurt terribly. The pain in my eye lasted...

Last reply
  • Suddenly blurred vision in Left eye. No one knows the reason

Hi, I am 30, male, computer programmer. I've never had any problem in my eyes before, but 13 days ago my left eye got blurred and then I started getting dizzy sometimes. I went to the GP and he said it could be conjunctivitis (I didn't think it was, because my eye wasn't red or sticking)....

Last reply
  • What is "lacing" in a retina image?

I went to get a new contact perscription today and they took a retina scan. When I went back and talked to my doctor, she compared a previous retina scan of mine (from about 2016) to the one I just took and pointed out what she described as "lacing" had appeared. They were small, blackish lines...

Posted
  • Small brown bump on eye ball. What is it?

I had a late night of drinking and playing Video games over the weekend and the next morning I woke up and my right eye was sore. I didn't think anything of it. Assumed I played for a little too long and strained my eyes too much. But last night it was still sore so I went to go look at it in the...

Last reply
  • How do I determine 20/25 at 26 inches?

I've had a IOL implant and the manufacturer expects 20/25 through to as close as 26 inches... but I'm not sure how to even measure this... the big wall chart is meant to be read from 10 feet and I have near chart but it says to read it from 14 inches... so how do you test this a result from 26...

Posted
  • Cataract after retinal Laser

I was wondering if PASCAL laser (yellow light) could damage the ocular lens, and cause Cataract after retinal tear or hole treatment? I got cataract in my eyes only 1 Month after this treatment, is it only a coincidence ? In addition i got floaters too, which i have never seen before, even if i m very...

Last reply
  • Blurry vision in right eye for a week, doctors see nothing weong

Hello.  This last week I’ve started noticing some blurriness in my right eye affecting the upper left part of my field of vision. It also feels like something is either wrong with my eyelids or even my eye itself as they both feel heavy and not as they usually do.  I’ve seen two doctors:...

Last reply
  • Anxiety because of eyes

Hello everyone, I went to get my eyelashes done for the first time in December. In the end of January I decided to take them off because my eyes were starting to bother me. They became itchy and my eyes were turning red. I bought liquid lash remover and they came off. The liquid did get into my eyes...

Last reply
  • Pvd (posterior vitreous detachment)

Interested in hearing peoples symptoms and experiances with this. I had pvd of the left eye and sure enough 6 months later,right eye. Having problems dealing with it. When both eyes are affected,hard not to think of it 24/7. Would like to hear others stories. Thanks.

Last reply
  • Different kind of floaters after retina tear laser surgery

After the laser tear surgery I was still seeing the normal "bacteria" shaped floaters but now (being 9 days after surgery) I am seeing black dots floaters. Is this normal to get different kind of floaters. At the 4 day check up the Dr said that the laser went perfectly and nothing broke though. 

Last reply
  • Astigmatism/Amblyopia-Help!

I have amblyopia and astigmatism. I just read that astigmatism may cause the lazy eye.. I've had 2 surgeries to correct the amblyopia but not the astigmatism- could this be why my surgeries didn't take? Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Posted
Next

We want the forums to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the forums are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the forums is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.

counter